Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

CFB TV Ratings

We did pretty well in the 2 games listed (unfortunately, no FX or Fox Sports Net are listed) with a 1.9 and 1.8 rating, respectively. Our game against OU (regional coverage, but on in 85% of the country) outdrew, Mississippi/Georgia, Missouri/Florida and Texas A&M/Mississippi State in the same time slot. Our game against WV outdrew the Apple Cup in the same time slot. ISU's ratings outdrew Iowa in every match up listed for them except the NU game (however, the Iowa/NU competed against only Temple/Syracuse and Ohio/Kent State). Of particular interest, Texas/KSU outdrew every conference championship game except the SEC in the last week of the season, including the Big 10 and ACC Championships in the same time slot. Looking at these ratings and despite the fact that the Pac had one of its best years in recent memory, it is absolutely amazing to me that the Pac was able to get the TV deal they did. Larry Scott has blackmail on someone at ESPN or Fox to get the deal he did. You can also see why the ACC's contract lags behind the big 4.

College Football Wrap: TV Ratings For (Almost) Every Game This Season | Sports Media Watch

Pro
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 97

Re: CFB TV Ratings

All-Star
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 16

There was an article I read about why they got such a good deal. The west coast is rich. Fewer people may be watching but those that are watching are making a lot more money than a lot of the SEC states. Why does this matter? More money means more chances for you to buy whatever advertisers are selling.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by megamanxzero35 View Post
    There was an article I read about why they got such a good deal. The west coast is rich. Fewer people may be watching but those that are watching are making a lot more money than a lot of the SEC states. Why does this matter? More money means more chances for you to buy whatever advertisers are selling.
    That's pretty interesting. My wife is in advertising and she always talks about the primary numbers that they look at are ratings and age/sex/race demographics information (ie. men age 25-34 are a big target for man companies). I did not realize that they look that hard at tv watcher's financial information when buying ads.