1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

team and player breakdown

Team:

Why we lost:

1.) effort= iowa totally outplayed us tonight and i'm guessing the hawks got 90% of the 50/50 balls.
    2.) assist/turnovers = You aren't going to win many games being on the wrong side of the assist/To 14 asst/18 TO. At times we seem to play a little too much one on one or force the issue.
    3.) Clyburn/Ejim/Booker = Combined stats: 32 minutes, 5 points, 9 reb (acutally not too bad considering the minutes played), 1 asst, 8 TO, 9 fouls. Yuck
    4.) Hawks shooting 2nd half= have to give props where props are due. Every time the clones got close the hawks would make a big shot, rebound, or get a loose ball.

The classic what if game: What if Lucious' 3 (which was 3/4 in) would have went down? Instead the hawks get a long rebound and a fast break lay-up for a 8 point lead. What if: the refs didn't call the crappy charge call on Ejim early in the second half during the hawks surge?

Players:

Lucious- A lot of people want to throw the blame his way, but I don't necessarily. While frustrating at times, you can't question his effort. Some of his TO's were because one of our players didn't simply catch the ball. Also, he plays pretty solid D.
    Ejim- IMO the biggest reason we lost the game was because Ejim only played 13 minutes with about 3 of those after the game was over. You knew it wasn't Ejim's night once the bogus charge was called on him early in the 2nd
    Babb- Just really plays a solid all around game.
    Booker- 5 minutes played, it seems like he's mentally struggling right now.
    Clyburn- 0 points 5 turnovers....enough said
    McGee- the energizer bunny, and is the player you go, why are you shooting that and then drills a 3.
    Niang- great first half but was pretty much non-factor in 2nd. Loved his effort, and tonight should prove to be a great learning experience. Would love to see him post up more instead of shooting 5 threes
    Gibson- just like Niang, great first half, but quiet 2nd. He's really smooth around the basket, and loved the offensive rebounding the first half.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 9

Re: team and player breakdown

Honestly...that call on Ejim was a charge and a good call. You can't just lower your shoulder like that and bowl someone over. I had zero problem with that call. I was more PO'd at Melvin for doing it.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 124

Disappointing to lose to bunch of freshman skinny white guys from Iowa. Looks like we will have Lowered Expectations.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Legend
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 353

Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    Honestly...that call on Ejim was a charge and a good call. You can't just lower your shoulder like that and bowl someone over. I had zero problem with that call. I was more PO'd at Melvin for doing it.
    Agreed, that was a foul.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 7

If you're going to lower your shoulder like that, at least don't make it so obvious.

Addict
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 1,023
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by brythecyguy View Post
    Team:

Why we lost:

1.) effort= iowa totally outplayed us tonight and i'm guessing the hawks got 90% of the 50/50 balls.
    2.) assist/turnovers = You aren't going to win many games being on the wrong side of the assist/To 14 asst/18 TO. At times we seem to play a little too much one on one or force the issue.
    3.) Clyburn/Ejim/Booker = Combined stats: 32 minutes, 5 points, 9 reb (acutally not too bad considering the minutes played), 1 asst, 8 TO, 9 fouls. Yuck
    4.) Hawks shooting 2nd half= have to give props where props are due. Every time the clones got close the hawks would make a big shot, rebound, or get a loose ball.

The classic what if game: What if Lucious' 3 (which was 3/4 in) would have went down? Instead the hawks get a long rebound and a fast break lay-up for a 8 point lead. What if: the refs didn't call the crappy charge call on Ejim early in the second half during the hawks surge?

Players:

Lucious- A lot of people want to throw the blame his way, but I don't necessarily. While frustrating at times, you can't question his effort. Some of his TO's were because one of our players didn't simply catch the ball. Also, he plays pretty solid D.
    Ejim- IMO the biggest reason we lost the game was because Ejim only played 13 minutes with about 3 of those after the game was over. You knew it wasn't Ejim's night once the bogus charge was called on him early in the 2nd
    McGee- the energizer bunny, and is the player you go, why are you shooting that and then drills a 3.
    Niang- great first half but was pretty much non-factor in 2nd. Loved his effort, and tonight should prove to be a great learning experience. Would love to see him post up more instead of shooting 5 threes
    Gibson- just like Niang, great first half, but quiet 2nd. He's really smooth around the basket, and loved the offensive rebounding the first half.
    The bolded section is really all that needs to be said. If we were playing the Hoosiers or Blue Devils you couldn't make up a stat line like that for those 3.

Prospect
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up

I think a better what if would be "what if the ref saw Basabe slam the ball into the ground when he got upset with White for not getting back and playing D which gave ISU an easy &1" IMO, it was a technical that they missed, then they just kinda talked to Mel. I was shocked, and thought Iowa was really lucky there.

Walk On
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 23

The biggest reason we lost is that we couldn't guard Aaron White in the first half. Booker commits too many hand checks to be a reliable defender. I think we'll see Niang and Gibson get more starts down the stretch.

Iowa pressed for much of the game. How many times did we break it en route to any easy bucket? I can't remember that happening at all. I think the Hawks played pretty good defense. We also shot some stupid, stupid threes from way beyond the arc. That frustrates me more than anything else.

Prospect
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

I totally agree on the lack of effort. This team showed little heart or even a desire to compete. At no point did I look at an ISU player and say, wow, he is fired up and ready to get this **** going. A very lackadaisical, non committed, undisciplined team; that's what I saw out there. Who is our leader? Who pulls the troops together when **** isn't going your way? That's the biggest question, who steps up? Certainly not Clyburn, he mentally checked out of that game. Look at his facial expression in the second half, he was defeated.

The general consensus around here is that would be McGee. ISU needs someone to pull this team together on the court. I think we all agree it won't be Lucious...I also think we all now see why there was no love-loss from Izzo with Lucious leaving/kicked off MState.

Prospect
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I should have put a disclaimer: I absolutely hate the charge call so it may have skewed my view of the play a bit. Too many floppers out there. IMO it should have been a no call, but then again I'm a bit old school.

Walk On
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 23

IMO it should have been a no call, but then again I'm a bit old school.
    I'll join with the others in that I, too, believed it was a charge since the defender had position and Melvin pretty clearly lowered his shoulder into him.

Not to get off the subject, but did the refs allow more contact in "old school" basketball? I've only seen a handful of games shown before the 1990s (through ESPN Classic) and my impression is that the game was more tightly officiated then.

All-Star
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Team:

Why we lost:

Players:

How many minutes has Booker played total this year? It seems like every game he is in foul trouble within the first few minutes of the game. I remember him fouling a lot last year, but nothing compared to what has happened so far this year. Seems strange.