Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 64

Re: Iowa is going to be tough for the next few years

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesince78 View Post
    Iowa is not good. We just suck.
    Agree. That was a horrible game played by ISU and it was a miracle that they held a halftime lead. They continued their ineptitude in the second half. I don't think that game was much of an indicator of how good or bad either team will be in the next few years.

Rookie
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 592
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by theantiAIRBHG View Post
    So if a good team would win by 20-30 points? What does that make a team that wins by 9?
    I don't know.

If you want to talk about what ifs and that Hawkeyes team we can compare you to a MVC team and debate if you'd beat either Drake or UNI in (doubt it) and how much Creighton would smoke you by. (Wichita St handled you of course.)

If you want to be compared to teams in your conference see my post above. Lets hear why you'll contend in conference play and what about tonights game reinforces that? Feel free to list Big Ten teams you are better than. You can use the 9 point win over an ISU team who was clearly a class below UNLV and Cincinatti in their early neutral court contests as evidence.

Purdue- Smacked the Clemson team who housed you (again) around. On the road.
    NW- Just beat the team that ended UK's win streak in their barn.
    Illini-Very good start despite people being down on them
    MSU-Same team as always hawkeyes don't deserve to be mentioned as competition to them.
    Michigan/OSU/Indy- nothing to say
    Minny-tons of talent managed to put a good FSU team in their place
    Wiscy- they would not lose to Iowa they just played real teams early on unlike Iowa who couldn't beat a Wichita St team with all new faces

Don't worry Rutgers is coming soon you'll have a conference team to look down on...

Walk On
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

I certainly hope you're not talking to me.... I'm not an Iowa fan. Just calling it like I see it tonight, and I see us looking lie we are less talented than them, and they don't lose jack **** after this year. We do however lose a lot!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 34

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseCyclone View Post
    I don't know.

If you want to talk about what ifs and that Hawkeyes team we can compare you to a MVC team and debate if you'd beat either Drake or UNI in (doubt it) and how much Creighton would smoke you by. (Wichita St handled you of course.)

If you want to be compared to teams in your conference see my post above. Lets hear why you'll contend in conference play and what about tonights game reinforces that? Feel free to list Big Ten teams you are better than. You can use the 9 point win over an ISU team who was clearly a class below UNLV and Cincinatti in their early neutral court contests as evidence.

MSU-Same team as always hawkeyes don't deserve to be mentioned as competition to them.
    Wiscy- they would not lose to Iowa they just played real teams early on unlike Iowa who couldn't beat a Wichita St team with all new faces

Don't worry Rutgers is coming soon you'll have a conference team to look down on...
    When did Iowa play Clemson?

Rookie
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I don't know.

Stop being an idiot. It was a good game, nothing to be ashamed of on either side, and both programs are heading in the right direction.

Prospect
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't know.

When did Iowa play Clemson? Also, you are crazy. Take a Valium and relax.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 303

No that team sucks. I'll gladly pound the likes of Purdue, NW, Minny, Illini against them and lay whatever chalk. Don't see many conference wins for them. They deserve credit for wanting it more. They also got a lot of calls when the momentum could have turned (and poor decisions from Lucious to cancel out the good things he did.) Iowa is awful ISU could have been as lazy as they wanted in Hilton and won by 20. In Carver they couldn't pull it off.

Its really pathetic that a team who has beat noone other than BYU would show such little urgency in a rivalry game. There is nothing Hoiberg could say to these guys they collectively decided at halftime they didn't need to work hard to win a game that was there for the taking since they finished the first on such a good run.
    Looked like we thought we would roll them. We are not that good when they outhustled us. The best team on the court won tonight.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Rookie
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyFanInChiLand View Post
    I certainly hope you're not talking to me.... I'm not an Iowa fan. Just calling it like I see it tonight, and I see us looking lie we are less talented than them, and they don't lose jack **** after this year. We do however lose a lot!
    Niang is going to be very good, you have him back.

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't know.

Iowa doesn't need Rutgers to look down on because as far as I know Nebraska and Penn St aren't going anywhere.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 841
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4

Fred was outcoached tonight. But when Clyburn shows up, holds his dick for 40 minutes, pretty hard to do much. Gotta get this fouling thing fixed too, cant have Booker and Melvin on the bench all the time.

Rookie
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 592
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyescott View Post
    Iowa doesn't need Rutgers to look down on because as far as I know Nebraska and Penn St aren't going anywhere.
    Lol hopefully that fat guy on Nebby doesn't light up Woodbury (or eat him.) I love that guy Garcia or something I think its hilarious watching him run the floor.

It was a good win for Iowa McCaffrey will now have full support of the fanbase basically regardless of how the regular season goes I think that is all either team gets out of this ISU can atone for the loss by not dropping multiple games to Big 12 doormats this effectively serves as that awful non conference loss everyone was worried about.

Next years game will be a good one.

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 534
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Go2Guy View Post
    Sad white has more vertical than Niang and Gibson
    Huh? Not really. White looks like he plays with his feet firmly on the ground as well. Gibson was also the only player to get a block tonight for us. And vertical? Booker was the best athlete on the court tonight. Did that help us or him?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 34

Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    Huh? Not really. White looks like he plays with his feet firmly on the ground as well. Gibson was also the only player to get a block tonight for us. And vertical? Booker was the best athlete on the court tonight. Did that help us or him?
    Is this a joke? How many dunks did White have tonight?

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Lol hopefully that fat guy on Nebby doesn't light up Woodbury (or eat him.) I love that guy Garcia or something I think its hilarious watching him run the floor.

It was a good win for Iowa McCaffrey will now have full support of the fanbase basically regardless of how the regular season goes I think that is all either team gets out of this ISU can atone for the loss by not dropping multiple games to Big 12 doormats this effectively serves as that awful non conference loss everyone was worried about.

Next years game will be a good one.
    Next year? Hell I think this is going to be a good one for years to come and it is about damn time Iowa and ISU get back to this level.