Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 9

****Official Iowa post game****

Frustrating loss. Turn the ball over and Iowa only manages a 10 point win, so its not like they are that great, but I'll give it to them. They came to play tonight and we didn't.

Couple observations
    Whoever said Will Clyburn has a better NBA potential than Royce White was crazy. I hope Will does good in school because he won't sniff the NBA, if he's lucky he'll play overseas. He's very very mediocre. He's had 2 good games this season, other then that he just looks to score and forces it.

Lucious is either on or off. Without him, we would of lost by a lot more tonight. He is frustrating, but we'd be worse off without him. Long hasn't really done anything all year and theres a reason his minutes have declined.

Niang can flat out play. Babb played well. McGee played well. Ejim made stupid fouls and made Aaron White look like an NBA all star all night and then just sat and smirked after each call, that made me mad.

We have a ways to go, good thing is I think we can still win 8-10 games in conference purely because its weak this year. The big 12 will only get 3 teams, maybe 4 so we'll need to figure it out quick if we want to dance again.

All-Star
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 170

Re: ****Official Iowa post game****

Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    Frustrating loss. Turn the ball over and Iowa only manages a 10 point win, so its not like they are that great, but I'll give it to them. They came to play tonight and we didn't.

Couple observations
    Whoever said Will Clyburn has a better NBA potential than Royce White was crazy. I hope Will does good in school because he won't sniff the NBA, if he's lucky he'll play overseas. He's very very mediocre. He's had 2 good games this season, other then that he just looks to score and forces it.

Lucious is either on or off. Without him, we would of lost by a lot more tonight. He is frustrating, but we'd be worse off without him. Long hasn't really done anything all year and theres a reason his minutes have declined.

Niang can flat out play. Babb played well. McGee played well. Ejim made stupid fouls and made Aaron White look like an NBA all star all night and then just sat and smirked after each call, that made me mad.

We have a ways to go, good thing is I think we can still win 8-10 games in conference purely because its weak this year. The big 12 will only get 3 teams, maybe 4 so we'll need to figure it out quick if we want to dance again.
    Our 5th year Sr PG had 7 of our 18 turnovers.

Addict
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 966
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 268
    Given: 183

Wish we would've learned how to take a charge.

ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

HOI-BALL!!!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,887
    Given: 897

On the bright side, we played about as awful all around as I think we could, and still managed to make a game of it.

Iowa has some quality players, and is up and coming as a program, but they aren't as good as I thought they were. When we're playing that bad, and all the calls and balls are going to them, there's no reason we should have been within 20.

No doubt Freddie should have a lot to talk about this week.

Addict
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 6

The reality is this.........

ISU is not going to win very many games in the Big 12 when Clyburn scores 0 points, Melvin has only 4 rebounds, KL continues his practice of a 1 to 1 (or worse) assist/turnover ratio, and Booker continues with his best impression of Railey.

There is no interior defense on this team....without fouling. From tonight, it appears this team, despite the experience at guard, cannot handle a simple press. When they get behind, the only offensive plan they seem to have is to jack up some 3's early in the shot clock and hope they go in.

I hate to say this, but I also was not impressed with CFH tonight. No way in hell would I have had Percy and Niang on the bench to start the 2nd half. Reward them for the effort and enthusiasm they were showing in the first half. They actually appeared like they wanted to win. Why the hell put Clyburn and Booker back out there to start the 2nd half? What had they done?

Not impressed, and if this continues.....it is going to be a miserable Big 12 season. Finishing 8th or 9th as the coaches predicted will probably be about right.

Something else to consider.......what does Iowa lose from tongiht for their team next year? 2 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists.

-Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

Pro
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,236
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 175

I think we have more raw talent than Iowa, but not so much more that we could afford to be as careless with the ball as we were.

It was my first time seeing the team this season. Luscious was at times the worst player on the floor for us and at other times the best. Nice to see Babb get his stroke back, hopefully he can keep it up. Melvin was a non-factor tonight, as was Booker. Disappointed in Clyburn tonight, especially considering all the hype he was getting. Niang is a stud, just as good as advertised.

We're not good enough (yet) to be able to win games against good teams with only a few players playing well. I will give them credit for keeping it a game, especially when it looked like we could have gotten blown out midway through the first half. It's just too bad we came out so flat in the 2nd half.

"The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

Addict
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 684
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 0

Clyburn looked completely disinterested. He may have that talent to play, but Royce brought it most every night. I was hopeful he was waiting for the big games like BYU, but he just didn't give effort tonight.

I was pretty happy with the young guys tonight. Gibsen looked good at times but lost his defender several times. Niang obviously played very well. If these two continue to improve, then we may have a pretty decent inside game later in the season.

Addict
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,530
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 195

Fact: ISU lost the best player we have had in AT LEAST 11 years and maybe our best 3 point shooter EVER...we aren't going to be as good this year. Get over it. We can still make the tourney.

ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

Addict
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,965
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 85

3 bench players scored more than our starting 5.

We had two SR starters that scored 0 points.

This team looks lost offensively against teams with a pulse.

We can't seem to take advantage of our overall athleticism, depth and speed because we don't have the ball handling ability to run a fast tempo.

Clyburn is no RW with the ball in his hands, so I think our PG woes will haunt us all year.

Hopefully the people saying that we took too many PG/Combo's with Jones, Morris, Naz and Custer are getting a clue that Hoiberg knows that you need a PG and some additional ball handlers to be a good offensive team.

Pro
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,333
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 13

The discussion here will center around the offense, which is understandable, but it appears that our defense was worse than our offense tonight.

Iowa is not a good offensive team. They just put up 80 on us in, I believe, 74 possessions. And they didn't even shoot the ball that well.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

At least we can look forward to the football bowl game. Nothing to see with the bball team until B12 season starts. KL looked like he competed tonight. Can't say that about most outside of Niang and maybe Babb. KL's TO numbers are going to be worst than they should be. I counted at least three times he hit the guys in the hands and they couldn't catch the pass. I do think changing the starting lineup conversations will happen amongst the coaching staff.

All-Star
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,022
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 1,097

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Clyburn looked completely disinterested. He may have that talent to play, but Royce brought it most every night. I was hopeful he was waiting for the big games like BYU, but he just didn't give effort tonight.

I was pretty happy with the young guys tonight. Gibsen looked good at times but lost his defender several times. Niang obviously played very well. If these two continue to improve, then we may have a pretty decent inside game later in the season.
    Um What? Are you serious Clark, that guy was accused of not sweating the whole pre-season last year?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 4

Clyburn was so bad Freddy couldnt even have him on the floor. So the game plan had to get thrown out very early. Hard to win when three starters are non factors and might as well not have made the trip. Booker, Ejim, Clyburn. At least Booker and Ejim has the foul excuse, Clyburn.....not so much.

Long way to go, but the book is out on this team now until Will can adjust.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post
    The discussion here will center around the offense, which is understandable, but it appears that our defense was worse than our offense tonight.

Iowa is not a good offensive team. They just put up 80 on us in, I believe, 74 possessions. And they didn't even shoot the ball that well.
    Agree, Iowa is not good offensively. No reason they should put up 80.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 175

The team being lazy tonight cost them the win.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne