Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 31

Hawk Fans

If this is in the wrong section or is out of place for something on this message board in general I apologize but it seemed to fit best since it is the general discussion thread.

I am a fairly new Cyclone fan. Came over from Illinois where I didn't have a college team to cheer for (never really liked Illinois for whatever reason) and really have attached myself to the Cyclones, but I was just wondering since i have only seen this rivalry with Iowa for the past year and a half, are their fans always this out of touch with reality? I was talking to some Hawk fans the other day and then earlier was reading HN and it seems, on both occasions, that they will never give any respect to ISU no matter what. I mean, their basketball team has been irrelevant for years and then they win a few games against cupcakes and think they are the best team in the state. I know they are die hards and I get that, but you would think they could give ISU a little credit somewhere.

I don't know. I was just wondering and if this is a topic that doesnt belong please let me know, I dont want to cause any issues with anyone, I just was wondering.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 112

Re: Hawk Fans

Quote Originally Posted by AllInForISU View Post
    If this is in the wrong section or is out of place for something on this message board in general I apologize but it seemed to fit best since it is the general discussion thread.

I am a fairly new Cyclone fan. Came over from Illinois where I didn't have a college team to cheer for (never really liked Illinois for whatever reason) and really have attached myself to the Cyclones, but I was just wondering since i have only seen this rivalry with Iowa for the past year and a half, are their fans always this out of touch with reality? I was talking to some Hawk fans the other day and then earlier was reading HN and it seems, on both occasions, that they will never give any respect to ISU no matter what. I mean, their basketball team has been irrelevant for years and then they win a few games against cupcakes and think they are the best team in the state. I know they are die hards and I get that, but you would think they could give ISU a little credit somewhere.

I don't know. I was just wondering and if this is a topic that doesnt belong please let me know, I dont want to cause any issues with anyone, I just was wondering.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 985
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 56

to their credit. some long long time ago iowa had a few fantastic basketball teams. but yes they are always that way which makes it even more fun to watch them lose and even better when we beat them

Starter
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by iacyguy View Post
    to their credit. some long long time ago iowa had a few fantastic basketball teams. but yes they are always that way which makes it even more fun to watch them lose and even better when we beat them
    Good to know. I did find out how infuriating it is to try to have a rational discussion with a die hard Iowa fan. At this point, due to total suckage from their teams within the past year and them not having the ability to cope with that, I dont feel like it is possible.

Pro
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 7

And I would stay away from HN unless you want to be dumber....then it is a fantastic website and I would highly recommend it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 584
    Given: 2,681

There are a variety of Hawk fans. I know one rational and tolerable one. Lots of entitled ones, even though they have little reason at this point. They have lots of bandwagon fans and they are pretty grumpy right now. I think these are the ones who have been showing up at JTS in their Hawk gear.

Actually respected their basketball team when they had Dr. Tom Davis, and then even more disgusted with their institution when they fired him. I guess they sort of deserved what followed.

Starter
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Ry4Cy View Post
    And I would stay away from HN unless you want to be dumber....then it is a fantastic website and I would highly recommend it.
    Yep. Figured that out REAL fast.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 695
    Given: 580

Quote Originally Posted by Ry4Cy View Post
    And this is probably why their website is going broke. They have idiot, trailer trash posters.

"The greatest risk in life is not taking one"