Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hawk Fans

  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 16,426, Level: 38
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    AllInForISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    670
    Points
    16,426
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 38

    Hawk Fans

    If this is in the wrong section or is out of place for something on this message board in general I apologize but it seemed to fit best since it is the general discussion thread.

    I am a fairly new Cyclone fan. Came over from Illinois where I didn't have a college team to cheer for (never really liked Illinois for whatever reason) and really have attached myself to the Cyclones, but I was just wondering since i have only seen this rivalry with Iowa for the past year and a half, are their fans always this out of touch with reality? I was talking to some Hawk fans the other day and then earlier was reading HN and it seems, on both occasions, that they will never give any respect to ISU no matter what. I mean, their basketball team has been irrelevant for years and then they win a few games against cupcakes and think they are the best team in the state. I know they are die hards and I get that, but you would think they could give ISU a little credit somewhere.

    I don't know. I was just wondering and if this is a topic that doesnt belong please let me know, I dont want to cause any issues with anyone, I just was wondering.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 167,784, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,343
    Points
    167,784
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 383
    Given: 235

    Re: Hawk Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by AllInForISU View Post
    If this is in the wrong section or is out of place for something on this message board in general I apologize but it seemed to fit best since it is the general discussion thread.

    I am a fairly new Cyclone fan. Came over from Illinois where I didn't have a college team to cheer for (never really liked Illinois for whatever reason) and really have attached myself to the Cyclones, but I was just wondering since i have only seen this rivalry with Iowa for the past year and a half, are their fans always this out of touch with reality? I was talking to some Hawk fans the other day and then earlier was reading HN and it seems, on both occasions, that they will never give any respect to ISU no matter what. I mean, their basketball team has been irrelevant for years and then they win a few games against cupcakes and think they are the best team in the state. I know they are die hards and I get that, but you would think they could give ISU a little credit somewhere.

    I don't know. I was just wondering and if this is a topic that doesnt belong please let me know, I dont want to cause any issues with anyone, I just was wondering.
    Yes.


    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydugouts View Post
    MM and gesell are pretty much a wash. is niang a better player than woodbury? of course, but that doesnt mean its a good matchup for him, especially with a much more athletic defensive player backing up woodbury.
    Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    NOY Edwards, K-State



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 37,672, Level: 59
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    iacyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dirty Dodge
    Posts
    2,167
    Points
    37,672
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 58

    Re: Hawk Fans

    to their credit. some long long time ago iowa had a few fantastic basketball teams. but yes they are always that way which makes it even more fun to watch them lose and even better when we beat them



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 16,426, Level: 38
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    AllInForISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    670
    Points
    16,426
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 38

    Re: Hawk Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by iacyguy View Post
    to their credit. some long long time ago iowa had a few fantastic basketball teams. but yes they are always that way which makes it even more fun to watch them lose and even better when we beat them
    Good to know. I did find out how infuriating it is to try to have a rational discussion with a die hard Iowa fan. At this point, due to total suckage from their teams within the past year and them not having the ability to cope with that, I dont feel like it is possible.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 54,161, Level: 72
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,389
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ry4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,253
    Points
    54,161
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 12

    Re: Hawk Fans

    And I would stay away from HN unless you want to be dumber....then it is a fantastic website and I would highly recommend it.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 72,814, Level: 83
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,381
    Points
    72,814
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,578
    Given: 6,320

    Re: Hawk Fans

    There are a variety of Hawk fans. I know one rational and tolerable one. Lots of entitled ones, even though they have little reason at this point. They have lots of bandwagon fans and they are pretty grumpy right now. I think these are the ones who have been showing up at JTS in their Hawk gear.

    Actually respected their basketball team when they had Dr. Tom Davis, and then even more disgusted with their institution when they fired him. I guess they sort of deserved what followed.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 16,426, Level: 38
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    AllInForISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    670
    Points
    16,426
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 38

    Re: Hawk Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry4Cy View Post
    And I would stay away from HN unless you want to be dumber....then it is a fantastic website and I would highly recommend it.
    Yep. Figured that out REAL fast.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 140,006, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,343
    Points
    140,006
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,131
    Given: 948

    Re: Hawk Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry4Cy View Post
    And I would stay away from HN unless you want to be dumber....then it is a fantastic website and I would highly recommend it.
    And this is probably why their website is going broke. They have idiot, trailer trash posters.


    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM