Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawaii

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Hawaii

Why does Hawaii get no love? I know that there schedule isn't the toughest but they've still won every game they've played this year. CBSSportsline has their strength of schedule at 120 which is the worst, but after they play Boise State and maybe win, doesn't that legitimize their claim for BCS?

"If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Hawaii

I don't think they are exactly laying waste to any of their opponents though this season. I think for a team from a non-bcs conference to make the title game they would have to be good the previous season and then proceed to just destroy their opponents to garner attention.

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 94

They will still make a BCS game if they finish in the Top 12 in the BCS Standings.

No way to they have a claim for the title game...no way.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 527
    Given: 369

Quote Originally Posted by CTAClone View Post
    Why does Hawaii get no love? I know that there schedule isn't the toughest but they've still won every game they've played this year. CBSSportsline has their strength of schedule at 120 which is the worst, but after they play Boise State and maybe win, doesn't that legitimize their claim for BCS?
    That's precisely why they get no love.

Don't get me wrong - I've been on Hawaii's campus, and it's beautiful, and their football team is a good program. I think they're BCS worthy, and if they win out they'll land there, but, even if they're undefeated, I'd have a really difficult time putting them in a national title game when they've played absolutely NOBODY. I mean, Kansas' first several games were nothing to write home about, but I don't think it landed them at #120...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 296

When your qb passes for 500 yards and they consider it a bad game, you are not taken seriously. Hawaii is TT on steroids.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

Hawaii has had several close calls against much weaker opponents in the WAC than Kansas had in the Big XII. Don't get me wrong, Hawaii's offense is amazing, but their defense is second rate.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 920
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 312

Partly because of the time of their games! Hard for some of us on the mainland to stay up and watch them. If you get a chance to watch them...they are very entertaining!

After spending two weeks in Hawaii this summer...I would gladly go play there if I were an 18 year old kid. Homesickness would definitely play a factor though...that is a long way to go!

Pro
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 93

After my experiences in Las Vegas with the native Hawaiians this past year, I have ruled out ever giving them ANY of my money by visiting their island...also not a big fan of their fb team now.

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    After my experiences in Las Vegas with the native Hawaiians this past year, I have ruled out ever giving them ANY of my money by visiting their island...also not a big fan of their fb team now.
    That seems like a rough way to go about it. Experience in Vegas with some native Hawaiians. . . Maybe if you had a bad experience in Boise with some native Hawaiians I would understand, but I think Vegas changes things . . . .

Starter
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 786
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

My guess is that as long as they are in the WAC they will never be taken as seriously as a team from the Big 12 or SEC. They won't get as many recruits either because most would rather play for or against Oklahoma, Texas, or Auburn instead of somebody from a much weaker conference.

Addict
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,317
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 52

Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    Don't hold it against the whole state just because those 2 island boys told your wife about your "friendship"

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Addict
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,189
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

Hawaii has looked BAD at times this year. They have a suspect at best Defense, and have played pretty much nobody. I think Boise state kicks them all over the field. 6 loss San Jose State took them to overtime, and really should have won the game. Louisiana Tech took them to overtime and lost by going for 2. They are barely squeaking by BAD teams.

Their SoS is the biggest reason they aren't being taken seriously. Sagarin ranks it at 157. UNI's is 147, and they play in 1-AA.

Hawaii has played 2 1-AA teams, and not 1 single BCS conference school. Their NC schedule makes Kansas' look challenging.

If they win out, they'll probably get a chance to get beat down by a BCS team, but I really don't think they belong there.

Burgermeister!
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 431

Quote Originally Posted by jumbopackage View Post
    If they win out, they'll probably get a chance to get beat down by a BCS team, but I really don't think they belong there.
    But look at what Boise did to OU last year. If they get to the game they have a chance.

And remember that all of these excuses will be used against ISU if we ever get to that level.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 527
    Given: 369

Quote Originally Posted by jumbopackage View Post
    Hawaii has looked BAD at times this year. They have a suspect at best Defense, and have played pretty much nobody. I think Boise state kicks them all over the field. 6 loss San Jose State took them to overtime, and really should have won the game. Louisiana Tech took them to overtime and lost by going for 2. They are barely squeaking by BAD teams.

Their SoS is the biggest reason they aren't being taken seriously. Sagarin ranks it at 157. UNI's is 147, and they play in 1-AA.

Hawaii has played 2 1-AA teams, and not 1 single BCS conference school. Their NC schedule makes Kansas' look challenging.

I think this year's Hawaii team deserves to be there than any Notre Dame team that goes 9-3 (and over most 10-2 Irish teams)...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Addict
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,189
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by TykeClone View Post
    But look at what Boise did to OU last year. If they get to the game they have a chance.

And remember that all of these excuses will be used against ISU if we ever get to that level.
    Boise needed a trick play in overtime to beat a very average Oklahoma team. Boise State also had at least one win over a BCS conference team last year (Oregon State), and had been absolutely dominant all year long. They gave up 42 points to Oklahoma, which was more than their previous 3 games combined.

Hawaii got beat pretty handily by Boise State last year (it was 41-27 with 5 minutes to go), and this year's Hawaii team would have been throttled just as badly by last year's Boise State team.