Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 185

Re: Rhoads has intrest in coaching Wisconsin?

Quote Originally Posted by cylentMike View Post
    The Heisman Trophy Presentation this weekend????? Anyone from the Kansas State, Texas A&M or Notre Dame staff? I would guess none of the head coaches (Snyder too old, Wisconsin would be a step down from Notre Dame, and Sumlin appears to have A&M rolling pretty well). Maybe one of the coordinators from those staffs?
    BD from ND

DistrictCyclone

Quote Originally Posted by Bader View Post
    Pollard made some comments on M&A yesterday that makes me think he wouldn't be too interested in returning to Madison without doing some major house cleaning
    I'd be interested in seeing that; do they publish a transcript or stream previous episodes?

All-Star
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 20

Is Wisky moving into Iowa's division with the "B1G" addition of Maryland and Rutgers? It makes sense that the newbies would stay in the same division, meaning someone would have to move. I'd be all for it if I was Wisky.

"If baseball players speaking in front of Congress can be put on trial for perjury, then why shouldn't the politicians we vote for be held accountable to the same standard during their campaigns?" -Paraphrased from The Newsroom

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 703
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 428

I thought Bob Diaco too. Was a Hok, would have that tie I guess. But I think Brian Kelly actually personally did a lot of work with the D this year even though he was kind of an offense guy. He said he was doing this before the season started so I don't think he was just taking credit for his coordinator's work.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    bob diaco was who I thought when I read that post
    He's an up-and-comer, no doubt. I've seen Dimel's name thrown around a few places for other coaching jobs, or taking over KSU when Snyder retires. He's not that young though, and has been an HC before. Did really well at Wyoming, and then absolutely fell on his face at Houston before rejoining Snyder.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing that; do they publish a transcript or stream previous episodes?
    ma hour 1 -

Pollard comes on around the 23 minute mark. His Wisconsin comments start at around 32 minute mark

Pro
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNCyclone View Post
    Is Wisky moving into Iowa's division with the "B1G" addition of Maryland and Rutgers? It makes sense that the newbies would stay in the same division, meaning someone would have to move. I'd be all for it if I was Wisky.
    I believe I heard when the new teams were announced that Illinois was going to switch division in 2014.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jtdoyle1 View Post
    I believe I heard when the new teams were announced that Illinois was going to switch division in 2014.
    So Hok division gets even easier?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,531
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 132

Quote Originally Posted by jtdoyle1 View Post
    I do believe that is what ESPN reported but not sure the conference confirmed that...wonder why they picked Illinois?

Starter
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

ma hour 1 -

Pollard comes on around the 23 minute mark. His Wisconsin comments start at around 32 minute mark
    That's really fascinating, thanks for posting that. I thought it was interesting right off the bat when Pollard said, unprompted, that there is no debate that Bielema was Wisconsin's best coach ever. Given that many Wisconsin fans and CFB fans in general might consider Pollard's old boss as Wisconsin's best ever coach, that strikes me as a pretty direct affront to Alvarez. And then to follow with those comments about people at Wisconsin forgetting who they are and starting to "expect" things...very interesting.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Hopefully Pollard's comments have been sinking in for CPR. I think Wisconsin fans expect more than they are going to get with anyone now. Spoiled and trying to compete with Ohio State.

Why aren't they trying to get KF?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Trice View Post
    That's really fascinating, thanks for posting that. I thought it was interesting right off the bat when Pollard said, unprompted, that there is no debate that Bielema was Wisconsin's best coach ever. Given that many Wisconsin fans and CFB fans in general might consider Pollard's old boss as Wisconsin's best ever coach, that strikes me as a pretty direct affront to Alvarez. And then to follow with those comments about people at Wisconsin forgetting who they are and starting to "expect" things...very interesting.
    I don't know that it's an intended shot at Barry, 3 Rose Bowls in 3 years is very impressive. The one spot Barry really has an edge is bowl records 8-3 vs 2-4. His comments make me hope he is here for a very long time. I would hate to see this fanbase turn into the entitled douchebags that seem to surround us on all sides with a little success

Facebook Knows All
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    I wonder if Doeren doesn't end up backing out of NC State and going to Wisky. I wouldn't think he'd have finalized his contract with NC State yet.
    All of these new coaches typically sign a Memo of Understanding that doesn't allow them to job-hop once they agree to become coach of the new school. Usually there is a giant buyout (up to the value of the agreed upon contract) for them leaving prior to signing the official contract. So I'd say its highly unlikely.

Starter
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

I don't know that it's an intended shot at Barry, 3 Rose Bowls in 3 years is very impressive. The one spot Barry really has an edge is bowl records 8-3 vs 2-4. His comments make me hope he is here for a very long time. I would hate to see this fanbase turn into the entitled douchebags that seem to surround us on all sides with a little success
    It feels like a pretty direct shot at Barry to me. The question was not a direct, "Who do you think the best Wisconsin coach in history is?" It was a very general, open-ended, what Pollard thought of Bielema leaving type of question. So Pollard starts with the general answer you might expect, then pauses and goes out of his way to say Bielema was Wisconsin's best coach ever. Not only that, but it isn't even a debatable point!

Pollard didn't need to go that far. He could have said Bielema was one of the best ever and left it alone. But to be that direct felt intentional.

I'm not getting into whether what Pollard said is true or not; that's for Wisconsin fans to decide. But the fact that he volunteered that opinion and was so direct about it suggests to me that Pollard's relationship with Alvarez and/or Wisconsin has soured.

Legend
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 332

Quote Originally Posted by cyfanatic View Post
    Nope...GC didn't build anything here and was a familiar face on the Plains. They (the administration and a few boosters with a lot of cash) wanted him to replace Tuberville before GC ever left Auburn. CPR has zero direct ties to Wisconsin...they would hire him based on his performance in Ames and only that. So if our performance declines in the future do you think a program like UW (if it even is) would hire him based upon his first four years at ISU? Doubt it...he would no longer be a hot commodity. Pitt might go after him in that case since they think fondly of him, but not a program that he has no ties to...can't sell it.
    Wisconsin can't sell it? The coach known around the nation for being "So Proud", the guy known as being one of the most energetic coaches in the country, the guy that is dropping epic post game speeches after knocking off ranked teams year after year, the guy taking Iowa State to bowl games in 3 out of 4 years when most people outside the state of Iowa think ISU is a high school program, a coach that is landing talented recruits and getting them to come to Ames, IA, etc....

There are plenty of ways to sell a guy like Rhoads to a fan base like UW's. That is the scary part. A guy that can do so much with a smaller budget, lessor facilities, a talent gap against Big XII schools that is certainly not in his favor, etc... A school with a big budget, with better facilities, that is on the plus side of the talent gap, etc... Is a school that says if he can go .500 at ISU there is no limit to what he could do here.

I am hopeful that CPR will stay but to think that a school he has no ties to wouldn't be interested in him is crazy.