Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 254

Getting Tulsa was not great, but could you imagine this

the 1977 team went 8-3 and was snubed by higher bowls even though the games they lost were to #1, #2, and #3. Good thing they did not have message boards or e-mail back then.

Earle Bruce era

The team finished the season with an 83 record and a No. 18 ranking, but was snubbed by the bowls even though their losses were to the #1, #2 and #3 teams in the country. Bruce was selected as the Big Eight Coach of the year and had four players garner all conference honors, including Luther Blue, a Split End, who was an All-American. Iowa State would have tied for a share of the Big Eight title with a win over Oklahoma Statein the season finale, but they lost. They upset power house Nebraska 3728, their first win over Nebraska since 1960, but was unable to beat bowl-bound teamsOklahoma State and Colorado.
    Following another good season, where the Cyclones again beat Nebraska, Iowa State earned a berth in the Peach Bowl. They also tied for second in the conference. The Peach Bowl saw the matchup of two stellar running backs, NC State's Ted Brown and Iowa State's Dexter Green. The game however was dominated by QB Johnny Evans who put up 264 yards of total offense.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

All-Star
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 624
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 8

Re: Getting Tulsa was not great, but could you imagine this

Wow. I didn't realize they played the #1,#2, and #3 team. There can't be too many other teams that had that type of scheduling. That's brutal!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 927
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    the 1977 team went 8-3 and was snubed by higher bowls even though the games they lost were to #1, #2, and #3. Good thing they did not have message boards or e-mail back then.

Earle Bruce era

The team finished the season with an 83 record and a No. 18 ranking, but was snubbed by the bowls even though their losses were to the #1, #2 and #3 teams in the country. Bruce was selected as the Big Eight Coach of the year and had four players garner all conference honors, including Luther Blue, a Split End, who was an All-American. Iowa State would have tied for a share of the Big Eight title with a win over Oklahoma Statein the season finale, but they lost. They upset power house Nebraska 3728, their first win over Nebraska since 1960, but was unable to beat bowl-bound teamsOklahoma State and Colorado.
    Following another good season, where the Cyclones again beat Nebraska, Iowa State earned a berth in the Peach Bowl. They also tied for second in the conference. The Peach Bowl saw the matchup of two stellar running backs, NC State's Ted Brown and Iowa State's Dexter Green. The game however was dominated by QB Johnny Evans who put up 264 yards of total offense.

I'm a little confused; this sounds like it's describing the 1976 team that got snubbed. It was my sophomore year; we beat Nebraska - as your score indicates and the team finished 8-3, with a loss to Okie St at the finale.

The following season, the '77 season, we went to the Peach Bowl. I think your first sentence should read: "the 1976 team..."

"We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

-ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,465
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Go2Guy View Post
    I'm a little confused; this sounds like it's describing the 1976 team that got snubbed. It was my sophomore year; we beat Nebraska - as your score indicates and the team finished 8-3, with a loss to Okie St at the finale.

The following season, the '77 season, we went to the Peach Bowl. I think your first sentence should read: "the 1976 team..."
    I was thinking the same thing.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 0

The 1976 team got left out because of Nebraska's loss to Oklahoma and the Bluebonnet already having NU lined up in case the Huskers didn't make the Orange Bowl.

The 1971 team's 3 regular-season losses were to Nebraska, Oklahoma and Colorado -- the #1-3 teams in the final AP poll.

Rookie
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Can I imagine that? Oh YES I can because I went to all those football games back then which started my run of seeing every football game in JTS since 1975 until McCarney was run off.

Saw every home game except for 2 games....Not a bad record if I do say so myself...

Yes I can imagine it I LIVED IT.