Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 20

Re: ***Official ISU vs Florida Gulf Coast Game Day Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    On the road against an instate rival, anything can happen. I have no doubt that we have the better team. We just have to be up and play like it.
    Yeah, I agree we should win this, just a little concerned if come out slow, or can't hit our shots. We've had good fg % in the last two games; don't want to get cold now.
    Also, after watching Iowa 2-3 times, they can make runs when behind, but we should be able to sustain. We're not as tough in the front court as last year, but Iowa is scrappy for lose balls and hit the boards hard. Marble can go 1-on-1 with most players; I'm guessing Babb will guard him.

All-Star
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CtownCyclone View Post
    She's been overly rude to you by ruining the game experience. Sounds like you have season tickets to. Fight fire with fire.

Or get Angie to ban her from Hilton.
    true. it started off not so bad but its getting to the point where i cant take it. ang, drop the banhammer

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 20

Quote Originally Posted by josh4isu View Post
    myyyyy lanta theres this lady that just RIPS on lucious every time HE TOUCHES THE BALL. i am not exaggerating. literally every time. how do i kindly tell her to shut the hell up?
    I don't get people who do this; cheer for your team, maybe boo the refs, but lay off the verbal bashing of our players.

All-Star
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Go2Guy View Post
    I don't get people who do this; cheer for your team, maybe boo the refs, but lay off the verbal bashing of our players.

EXACTLY. Ill boo the **** out of the refs, but to sit there and rip the team im cheering for? just stupid.

Pro
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 955
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 31

I don't think it would be wrong to politely say something. Tell her fans are supposed to support their team, and what she is doing is counterproductive. I would try to be polite but tell her it makes the game less enjoyable for you also. If that doesn't work tell her you have friends in high places. If that doesn't work, tell her she isn't watching the game very close because Cory has been playing well. If that doesn't work tell her she should change her allegiance and become a Hawkeye fan.

"Cómo te va", dijo el murguista a la muchacha. Que lo cortó con su mirada indiferente
    Le dijo "Bien" y lo dejó como si nada
    Nuevamente... La princesa... Se perdía entre la gente (Jaime Roos)

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

OK, I missed the game tonight but when I looked at the stat sheet I see Gibson and Booker each with one rebound. Just my opinion but it doesn't seem like much of a priority. I'd start a frontline of Niang, Clyburn and Ejim Friday making Woodburry chase Georges all night or force them into a zone and then I'd really like our chances. Seriously if they don't rebound they need to sit.

Let Me Mayor Coach!

DistrictCyclone

Quote Originally Posted by Cyforce View Post
    OK, I missed the game tonight but when I looked at the stat sheet I see Gibson and Booker each with one rebound. Just my opinion but it doesn't seem like much of a priority. I'd start a frontline of Niang, Clyburn and Ejim Friday making Woodburry chase Georges all night or force them into a zone and then I'd really like our chances. Seriously if they don't rebound they need to sit.
    They also had fewer opportunities because we were shooting over 50% (and FGCU wasn't missing much, either).

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 713
    Given: 353

Melvin is like the goddamn energizer bunny. Just keeps going and going. Love. That. Man.

“They're very, very hard to guard,” Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey said. “They're really good. And with Niang in the middle kind of wheeling and all those guys spreading you out, they're kind of a nightmare matchup. And they're men. They're really men.”

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 18

CFH wasnt pleased with Bookers and Gibson's rebound numbers after the game. Niang didnt look good at all tonight.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    They also had fewer opportunities because we were shooting over 50% (and FGCU wasn't missing much, either).
    32 minutes, 2 rebounds??? Rebounding is about effort and our guys that want to rebound (MeGee 7, Clyburn 7, Ejim 12) still found their way to the ball. Not looking to **** anyone off but if they aren't willing to fill the role we are better off causing a mismatch. Remember Mihm chasing Fizer?

Let Me Mayor Coach!

DistrictCyclone

32 minutes, 2 rebounds??? Rebounding is about effort and our guys that want to rebound (MeGee 7, Clyburn 7, Ejim 12) still found their way to the ball. Not looking to **** anyone off but if they aren't willing to fill the role we are better off causing a mismatch. Remember Mihm chasing Fizer?
    As a team, this was our "worst" rebounding performance of the year, but we also had our 2nd highest FG% (and had the highest FG% for an opponent)...when both teams are shooting lights out, there will be fewer rebound opportunities, and that was the point I was trying to make.

But you're right, Gibson and Booker absolutely did not hustle for the ball tonight; there's more than just the numbers. It's anecdotal, but I definitely didn't see as much aggression from those two tonight. CFH will sort them out, though; I'm not to worried about it.

All-Star
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 35

Booker is just a bigger version of Railey - he looked like a sick puppy out there tonight. No hustle, didn't even look to be trying.

Percy was decent, but we still need to work on our passing - we had the size advantage over FGC, but we sure didn't use it much. They couldn't move Booker, Percy or Niang in the post - but yet we VERY rarely set up those situations.

Happy with the win - but we need to get the ball to Niang, Percy, Clyburn more in the paint - ESPECIALLY when we have a size mismatch.

EDIT: McGee and Ejim were the favorites tonight from this fan's perspective. Korie looked good as well - shot quite a bit more, but he still had some dimes out there.

Addict
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,624
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 78

Quote Originally Posted by CYUL8R View Post
    Booker is just a bigger version of Railey - he looked like a sick puppy out there tonight. No hustle, didn't even look to be trying.

Percy was decent, but we still need to work on our passing - we had the size advantage over FGC, but we sure didn't use it much. They couldn't move Booker, Percy or Niang in the post - but yet we VERY rarely set up those situations.

Happy with the win - but we need to get the ball to Niang, Percy, Clyburn more in the paint - ESPECIALLY when we have a size mismatch.

EDIT: McGee and Ejim were the favorites tonight from this fan's perspective. Korie looked good as well - shot quite a bit more, but he still had some dimes out there.
    The problem tonight with feeding it inside was our 52% from 3 point range. Hard to stop shooting three's when you're hitting at that rate, especially when your coach is Fred.

Pro
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    The problem tonight with feeding it inside was our 52% from 3 point range. Hard to stop shooting three's when you're hitting at that rate, especially when your coach is Fred.
    Also, FGC had hands everywhere and we couldn't make a pass without it getting deflected. I saw some great passes inside to open drives, but also saw some ridiculously bad passes. I would think the team would learn from their mistakes when FGC was going after every pass, but they still had some lazy ones all the way up to the end of the game.

All-Star
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,810
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by CYUL8R View Post

Disagree with this. We saw what Anthony can do in conference play last year, but that has disappeared so far this season. Hope he turns it around Friday as the post defense has been pretty poor so far this year.