Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 84

HBO Michigan vs Ohio State: The rivalry

Great show. Wowza. I have some friends from Ohio that talk about the rivalry all the time, but this show really gives you the nuts and bolts of just how big it is. Also gives proper insight to just how nuts Woody Hayes was about the rivalry, and how neccesary a win is each season in this one game.

The most interesting/odd fact on the show was the game from 54(?) in a blizzard that had 20 some punts. The teams would exchange punts waiting for the other to make a mistake. Michigan won 9-3 without registering a single 1st down.

It did blow my mind that John Cooper considered it just another game in his tenure as OSU coach. Perhaps the Hawkeye fans need to watch this show and take some notes.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: HBO Michigan vs Ohio State: The rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by FD Cyclone View Post
    Great show. Wowza. I have some friends from Ohio that talk about the rivalry all the time, but this show really gives you the nuts and bolts of just how big it is. Also gives proper insight to just how nuts Woody Hayes was about the rivalry, and how neccesary a win is each season in this one game.

The most interesting/odd fact on the show was the game from 54(?) in a blizzard that had 20 some punts. The teams would exchange punts waiting for the other to make a mistake. Michigan won 9-3 without registering a single 1st down.

It did blow my mind that John Cooper considered it just another game in his tenure as OSU coach. Perhaps the Hawkeye fans need to watch this show and take some notes.

Did it seem to you that the OSU fans were a little more "in to" the rivalry, than the Michigan fans were.

More to the point, did the OSU fans come off as much more crazy? For a while there, it really seemed to have a pro-Michigan slant, if you know what I mean.

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Is this game Saturday too? I thought it was next weekend, but I'm probably wrong... Go Wolverines!!!

"Seven minutes to glory."

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

OSU vs. Mich. is just like N.C. vs. Duke....I don't really care for either one. The same goes for Yankees vs. Red Sox. Too much media blitz on all of them. You don't see the same coverage for the Cards vs. Cubs....a longer rivalry.

"If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."

Addict
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,015
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 10

Michigan - Ohio State has nothing on Auburn - Alabama in my book. Michigan - OSU is huge in Big 10 country. Auburn - Alabama is life in Alabama.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 896
    Given: 639

Quote Originally Posted by jumbopackage View Post
    Michigan - Ohio State has nothing on Auburn - Alabama in my book. Michigan - OSU is huge in Big 10 country. Auburn - Alabama is life in Alabama.
    I think the difference is Alabama-Auburn is an in-state rivalry whereas Michigan-OSU is a border war. The Crimson Tide and Tiger idiots all have to share the same state 364 days of the year. Wolverines and Buckeyes only have to share a 100 mile (or so) line (of course, there are Buckeyes that live in Michigan and vice versa, but folks that display their colors in this kind of situation are just seeking attention and deserve every little bit of humiliation that they get).

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.