Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    KFitzy87
    Guest

    ***BYU Postgame***

    Great win! Clyburn played awesome and a good team effort today.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 35,428, Level: 57
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    wolverine68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,598
    Points
    35,428
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 77

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    I don't remember being so mad at refs during a win.
    Okay, letting it go. Flashes of brilliance, moments of frustration, but overall a very good win!



    "Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures”." ~Robin Williams

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 113,529, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUKyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    10,477
    Points
    113,529
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 480
    Given: 1,362

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    Very good win. Plenty to work on and I agree - the refs really ****** me off!

    P.S. BYU flops and falls all over the place about as much as what you would expect in a soccer game



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 753,126, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    51,503
    Points
    753,126
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,685
    Given: 1,757

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    Solid win. Looks like they learned from a couple tough games and continue to improve.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 9,970, Level: 30
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 580
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    625
    Points
    9,970
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 30

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    Really good win. BYU was scrappy as hell (not saying that because they were all white either) but we fought through it and the game really wasn't in doubt the whole second half. I think it's a good thing we weren't hitting shots the 2nd half, we had to play through it and we did and even expanded our lead by 10+ points. Good to know we don't have to be shooting lights out to play well.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 80,056, Level: 87
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC/Chicago
    Posts
    6,451
    Points
    80,056
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 28

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    Great win against a decent BYU team. Played a lot smarter today. We held BYU to their lowest point total of the year...Better than notre dame and florida state...and gave them their worst loss of the year so far.

    Didnt make a 2nd half 3pter, refs were bad and still won by 21...not bad



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 38,928, Level: 60
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cincyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,913
    Points
    38,928
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 511

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    I bet BYU is a tournament team in March. Big big win today.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 196,345, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9,272
    Points
    196,345
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 367
    Given: 7

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    Good win. I'm surprised by the final margin, honestly.

    Great job by Will. Thought maybe he was going to go for 40 the way he started out.

    Much better job by KL, imo. Yes, he still made a couple of bad passes, and a couple of wierd shots......but he was not just settling for the 3 as much, plus he was doing a good job of finding his teammates this game in a position where they could get the shot. And, I think he was pretty pesky on defense. Three steals and he was just a pest out there.

    Babb did what Babb does. Haws' lowest game this year was 18 I think. Babb held him to half that. Also, that 3 he hit right before half had to be a little demoralizing for BYU. I thought Percy did a good job on Davies too. Davies got is points, but at least Percy made him work for them most of the time. Booker......he just couldn't handle him at all.

    As a team, pretty good job of rebounding as always. Much better job at the free throw line.....no one is going to complain about 80 percent shooting there. Surprised they did not have a made 3 after half, but then they only shot like 6 of them in the 2nd half, so.....

    I thought the team was much improved since their last game. If they keep that up.......they probably won't lose again before conference starts.

    They have to watch out for Florida Gulf Coast though.....can't be looking ahead to Iowa too much.


    -Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 28,368, Level: 51
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    NorthCyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,035
    Points
    28,368
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 661
    Given: 40

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    Quote Originally Posted by SWCy13 View Post
    Really good win. BYU was scrappy as hell (not saying that because they were all white either) but we fought through it and the game really wasn't in doubt the whole second half. I think it's a good thing we weren't hitting shots the 2nd half, we had to play through it and we did and even expanded our lead by 10+ points. Good to know we don't have to be shooting lights out to play well.
    They aren't the most athletic, but they are a tough overachieving bunch of guys with a high basketball IQ. Gritty and gutty lunch pale type guys who bring their hard hats to practice every day. A bunch of gym rats as well. Hmmm...what white athlete cliches am I missing?



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 300,538, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    CyArob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    16,885
    Points
    300,538
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,578
    Given: 2,315

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    That was impressive. 'Nough said.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 72,814, Level: 83
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,137
    Points
    72,814
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 949

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCyd View Post
    They aren't the most athletic, but they are a tough overachieving bunch of guys with a high basketball IQ. Gritty and gutty lunch pale type guys who bring their hard hats to practice every day. A bunch of gym rats as well. Hmmm...what white athlete cliches am I missing?
    Scrapy hard working bunch



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 425,215, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    63,343
    Points
    425,215
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,223
    Given: 883

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    Quote Originally Posted by Dryburn View Post
    Good win. I'm surprised by the final margin, honestly.

    Great job by Will. Thought maybe he was going to go for 40 the way he started out.

    Much better job by KL, imo. Yes, he still made a couple of bad passes, and a couple of wierd shots......but he was not just settling for the 3 as much, plus he was doing a good job of finding his teammates this game in a position where they could get the shot. And, I think he was pretty pesky on defense. Three steals and he was just a pest out there.

    Babb did what Babb does. Haws' lowest game this year was 18 I think. Babb held him to half that. Also, that 3 he hit right before half had to be a little demoralizing for BYU. I thought Percy did a good job on Davies too. Davies got is points, but at least Percy made him work for them most of the time. Booker......he just couldn't handle him at all.

    As a team, pretty good job of rebounding as always. Much better job at the free throw line.....no one is going to complain about 80 percent shooting there. Surprised they did not have a made 3 after half, but then they only shot like 6 of them in the 2nd half, so.....

    I thought the team was much improved since their last game. If they keep that up.......they probably won't lose again before conference starts.

    They have to watch out for Florida Gulf Coast though.....can't be looking ahead to Iowa too much.
    KLs improvement was worth an additional ten points today.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus Naz, Dustin, Bryce, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and Jameel.

  13. #13
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 333,470, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    25,231
    Points
    333,470
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,401
    Given: 4,069

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCyd View Post
    They aren't the most athletic, but they are a tough overachieving bunch of guys with a high basketball IQ. Gritty and gutty lunch pale type guys who bring their hard hats to practice every day. A bunch of gym rats as well. Hmmm...what white athlete cliches am I missing?
    "with sound fundamentals"



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 301,196, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,026
    Points
    301,196
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,287
    Given: 1,538

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    Quote Originally Posted by KFitzy87 View Post
    Great win! Clyburn played awesome and a good team effort today.
    Yep, good job Fitzy.


    **2014 CRZZZFFL REGULAR SEASON CHAMPION**
    **2014 CF Fantasy Basketball Regular Season Champion**
    "I’d rather f------ work at McDonald’s than work with some of those guys. Not that there is anything bad about working at McDonald’s.” - Bo Pelini

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 285,728, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,968
    Points
    285,728
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 467
    Given: 63

    Re: ***BYU Postgame***

    Everyone off the ledge?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM