Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Transfers

  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 47,547, Level: 67
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 803
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,517
    Points
    47,547
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 2

    Transfers

    Not trying to start rumors or anything but I was looking at twitter today and noticed that J.B. went home earlier this week and it looked like there was a team meeting this morning. Quite possible he was excused for the week but I personally doubt it.

    I wouldn't be surprised if he did transfer nor would I blame him. I think the writing is clearly on the wall with SR doing well and Rohach possibly doing pretty well. Anyone else hear or know anything?



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 75,436, Level: 85
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,114
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Messi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    653
    Points
    75,436
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4

    Re: Transfers

    Position on football team aside, it's kind of weird to take a whole week off from school. baring a family emergency of course



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 85,471, Level: 90
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,105
    Points
    85,471
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 164

    Re: Transfers

    idk, he was a backup to Steele and he will be 1 play away at any time from taking over the job next year too...I just don't see much upside for JB to transfer at this point - if he just wants to be "the guy." he wouldn't have stayed here as long as he has. I think he is a team first kinda guy and don't see him wanting to go to the MAC or some small school just possibly be "the guy" there. this is all just my feeling and outsider's perspective though, of course.


    ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

    HOI-BALL!!!

  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 171,553, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyguytillidie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    10,403
    Points
    171,553
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 92

    Re: Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik4Cy View Post
    idk, he was a backup to Steele and he will be 1 play away at any time from taking over the job next year too...I just don't see much upside for JB to transfer at this point - if he just wants to be "the guy." he wouldn't have stayed here as long as he has. I think he is a team first kinda guy and don't see him wanting to go to the MAC or some small school just possibly be "the guy" there. this is all just my feeling and outsider's perspective though, of course.
    If he were to transfer he would more than likely go to an FCS school in Texas so he doesn't have to sit out.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 178,735, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    9,246
    Points
    178,735
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 347
    Given: 62

    Re: Transfers

    I can see both sides. Iowa went through a similar situation when Stanzi beat out JC. JC decided to transfer but as it turns out if he stayed he would have been the one replacing an injured Stanzi on an undefeated football team instead of JVB.

    I imagine ISU will be better than whoever he transfers to so he'll have to make the choice of if he wants to be one snap away from being a starter on a good team or get guaranteed playing time at a lower level.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 211,265, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,447
    Points
    211,265
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 527
    Given: 275

    Re: Transfers

    Sure hope JB stays. Even if he doesn't win the starting job, he is a great insurance policy to have as a backup QB. Don't know of any other backup QBs who have won against 3 ranked Big 12 teams, don't underestimate how important that is.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 142,964, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    WhatchaGonnaDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,144
    Points
    142,964
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 201

    Re: Transfers

    In b4 FootballinTexas



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 239,541, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    klamath632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,771
    Points
    239,541
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 364
    Given: 256

    Re: Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    I can see both sides. Iowa went through a similar situation when Stanzi beat out JC. JC decided to transfer but as it turns out if he stayed he would have been the one replacing an injured Stanzi on an undefeated football team instead of JVB.

    I imagine ISU will be better than whoever he transfers to so he'll have to make the choice of if he wants to be one snap away from being a starter on a good team or get guaranteed playing time at a lower level.
    Jesus ****** played QB for Iowa?



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 178,735, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    9,246
    Points
    178,735
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 347
    Given: 62

    Re: Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by klamath632 View Post
    Jesus ****** played QB for Iowa?
    no, he wasn't good enough



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 277,980, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,544
    Points
    277,980
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 16

    Re: Transfers

    It's valuable to have an experience backup QB. I hope he doesn't transfer either.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 65,011, Level: 79
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,439
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    5,285
    Points
    65,011
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 70

    Re: Transfers

    Does he have class on Thursday or Fridays? His tweets didn't seem like he was down on ISU and thinking of leaving, just a late holiday with the team off this week.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    Not trying to start rumors or anything but I was looking at twitter today and noticed that J.B. went home earlier this week and it looked like there was a team meeting this morning. Quite possible he was excused for the week but I personally doubt it.

    I wouldn't be surprised if he did transfer nor would I blame him. I think the writing is clearly on the wall with SR doing well and Rohach possibly doing pretty well. Anyone else hear or know anything?
    LOL



  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 23,044, Level: 46
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cowboycurtis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    898
    Points
    23,044
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 3

    Re: Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    I can see both sides. Iowa went through a similar situation when Stanzi beat out JC. JC decided to transfer but as it turns out if he stayed he would have been the one replacing an injured Stanzi on an undefeated football team instead of JVB.

    I imagine ISU will be better than whoever he transfers to so he'll have to make the choice of if he wants to be one snap away from being a starter on a good team or get guaranteed playing time at a lower level.
    For those of us who don't follow hawkeye football who was jc?



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 65,011, Level: 79
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,439
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    5,285
    Points
    65,011
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 70

    Re: Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboycurtis View Post
    For those of us who don't follow hawkeye football who was jc?
    Jake Christonson, heisman hopeful a few years ago. And I am 100% sure I didn't spell that right.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 269,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,481
    Points
    269,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 22

    Re: Transfers

    I always figured he would transfer after this season to a FCS school in Texas. Hope he doesn't though.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM