Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 11

Re: Recruiting class ranked 25th

Thanks acoustimac. Love the image with that e-article: caught Coach, Nikki, Pop and Coach Schaben in interesting composition. Great shot to whomever!

Pro
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 41

Todays Star Tribune had an article on 10 players to watch and had our commit Johnson in a short summary. The print edition had an action shot of her for the article but couldn't find it in the online story.

Tyseanna Johnson, DeLaSalle, 5-10 sr. forward
    Her long legs and big strides are highlighted in transition where few can keep pace. Not afraid to attack the basket, shoots well from the outside. Committed to Iowa State.

Pro
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 22

Because of all the players in MN getting attention, I think we just stole probably one of the biggest difference makers out of the state in Johnson. She is the type of player that we really need in the Big 12. Sure, there are lots of great point guards/shooting guards out there, but to have a legitimate athletic wing in Brynn, and now in Johnson, is something I really don't recall happening.

I actually have high hopes for Jensen as well. If it weren't for her ACL, she would have been noticed this season.

Coach, I tip my hat to you in your recruiting, the athleticism on the court, and coming in is light years ahead of some of our previous classes.

Walk On
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    Because of all the players in MN getting attention, I think we just stole probably one of the biggest difference makers out of the state in Johnson. She is the type of player that we really need in the Big 12. Sure, there are lots of great point guards/shooting guards out there, but to have a legitimate athletic wing in Brynn, and now in Johnson, is something I really don't recall happening.

I actually have high hopes for Jensen as well. If it weren't for her ACL, she would have been noticed this season.

Coach, I tip my hat to you in your recruiting, the athleticism on the court, and coming in is light years ahead of some of our previous classes.
    When asked about recruiting at coaches lunch yesterday, he did mention MN is the current hotspot, and Iowa is a little thinner for the next few classes. They do go all over, and have maybe the best East Coast prospect they've ever had interest from.

He mentioned that the assignments of the coaches has shifted, with only 2 coaches doing the scouting report/game plans. Billy is in charge of recruitment, and BF already feels like we are ahead of schedule on the next class. He didn't really hint of anyone else currently on the radar for this class. If we don't sign anyone, we will have 6 openings next year, and they would like to sign 3 bigs if possible. But that they will sign the best players and fit for ISU that they find. He also mentioned transfers are becoming more the norm, and are looking at Hoiberg's success in finding them as a new direction for recruiting.

As far as Pop, they are planning/practicing as if she won't play, but obviously hope she will be cleared in time to play.

Starter
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

Does anyone know if Katie Mauk at Dowling is a division 1 prospect? She's a 5-8 senior, and some good shooting numbers were given in the DSM Register. Might be the type of player who could provide some depth as a good athlete with potential.