Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Looking ahead to the Big 12 in 2013

Texas and Oklahoma State look like they are probably the favorites, with Oklahoma a step behind. TCU is the dark horse. They have a young team this year that has gotten better and if Pachall returns I think they will compete for the conference title. Those four are the Big 12's definite preseason top 25 teams.

After that it gets interesting. Kansas State loses Collin Klein and almost all of their starting defense. Bill Snyder is a great coach, but they will drop down a bit. Texas Tech loses most of their offense including Doege. It will be interesting to see if their downward spiral continues into next season. West Virginia loses Geno Smith and Tavon Austin, while Baylor loses Nick Florence and Terrance Williams. Both teams still suck on defense. Iowa State should be better on offense but not as good on defense. Unfortunately, the Cyclones play all four of these "toss-up" games on the road.

I don't think Kansas will go to a bowl but I think they'll finally get a win or two. They were actually competitive in conference play this year, which wasn't the case most of the past two years.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 166

Re: Looking ahead to the Big 12 in 2013

if Pachall returns
    I bet the kid finishes his degree and doesn't suit up again for TCU. Move forward with Boykin and keep the drama out of the locker room. TCU will be a much improved team next season.

Pro
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,078
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 56

Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    I bet the kid finishes his degree and doesn't suit up again for TCU. Move forward with Boykin and keep the drama out of the locker room. TCU will be a much improved team next season.
    i think boykin could be a superstar someday... scary

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,529
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 96

I think its good for ISU that they will draw KU at home next year. KU is going to get a win or 2 next year.

I gotta say that I'm impressed with Weis deciding they need to run the ball this season.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 758
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 300

I predict we will be 6-6, just because that's what we do.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by 2020cy View Post
    lol, this

Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

All-Star
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 371
    Given: 110

Quote Originally Posted by cyfan15 View Post
    Unfortunately, the Cyclones play all four of these "toss-up" games on the road.
    Am I the only one not worried about playing on the road anymore? We seem to play just fine on the road. What we need to work on is playing at home.
    We were what? 50% on the road and like 20% at home? Keep that 50% road and bump the home up to 100% and baby you can get a stew going.

Pro
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 669
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 55

1. Texas
    2. Oklahoma State
    3. TCU
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Kansas State
    6. Iowa State
    7. Texas Tech
    8. West Virginia
    9. Baylor
    10. Kansas

Speechless
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 139

I think we go 6-6, unless the defense really comes together. I think the offense will absolutely improve (how can't it?).

We will go undefeated in the non-conference, beat KU and Baylor, and pull another upset. Maybe someone (West Virginia?) will be surprisingly bad, but I don't see it. If Snyder hangs it up, I'd throw KSU in the win column too.

It seems like a lot of our toss-ups are on the road, but that doesn't really seem to phase our guys.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Addict
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 4

With Texas, TCU, and OSU at home, we need to get one of those unlike this season. I'm also not sold that TCU is ready to compete for the conference championship, but I'll reserve my judgement after I see them play this weekend.

Legend
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 403

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I think we go 6-6, unless the defense really comes together. I think the offense will absolutely improve (how can't it?).

We will go undefeated in the non-conference, beat KU and Baylor, and pull another upset. Maybe someone (West Virginia?) will be surprisingly bad, but I don't see it. If Snyder hangs it up, I'd throw KSU in the win column too.

It seems like a lot of our toss-ups are on the road, but that doesn't really seem to phase our guys.
    Hell, it almost seems like the opposite. I'm starting to wonder if our guys get psyched out when they have these big opportunity games at home. The only big upset that happened at home was Oklahoma State and that game was never really pegged as a big potential upset.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 10

Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

Legend
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 357
    Given: 277

This is probably how I see it.
    1. Oklahoma State - Young qbs will hit their groove, OLine is great and short of losing their star running back, should be great
    2. TCU - Being young this year and if Pachel returns, I think they will be extremely dangerous
    3. Texas - Young team should be improved. Will still lose a couple games they shouldn't
    4. Oklahoma - Always have the talent, can't imagine they wont this year either but will struggle at QB
    5. Iowa State - I honestly think we take a step up this year as the talent in the league drops a bit but as a team, we are more efficient on offense, still don't give up much big plays on defense but do take a slight step back on D.
    6. KSU - They do get their whole OLine back as well as Hubert at RB. Colin is gone so they will take a step back there and their defense will all be inexperienced for the most part.
    7. Baylor - I know they lose Nick Florrence, but their running backs are top notch, offense is usually pretty effective now. Defense has to be a bit better right???
    8. TTech - With an improvement in the defense, that will help keep them in games but losing Doege, Stephens and a few other playmakers on offense, they will take a step back.
    9. WVU - Not sure they return any playmakers on this team and the defense has serious issues. Big step back for these guys
    10. Kansas - I picked them last but they will take a huge step forward. With a 5 star transfer from BYU at qb, this team will win a conference game or two. Would not surprise me to see them move up to 9th or 8th.

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    This is probably how I see it.
    1. Oklahoma State - Young qbs will hit their groove, OLine is great and short of losing their star running back, should be great
    2. TCU - Being young this year and if Pachel returns, I think they will be extremely dangerous
    3. Texas - Young team should be improved. Will still lose a couple games they shouldn't
    4. Oklahoma - Always have the talent, can't imagine they wont this year either but will struggle at QB
    5. Iowa State - I honestly think we take a step up this year as the talent in the league drops a bit but as a team, we are more efficient on offense, still don't give up much big plays on defense but do take a slight step back on D.
    6. KSU - They do get their whole OLine back as well as Hubert at RB. Colin is gone so they will take a step back there and their defense will all be inexperienced for the most part.
    7. Baylor - I know they lose Nick Florrence, but their running backs are top notch, offense is usually pretty effective now. Defense has to be a bit better right???
    8. TTech - With an improvement in the defense, that will help keep them in games but losing Doege, Stephens and a few other playmakers on offense, they will take a step back.
    9. WVU - Not sure they return any playmakers on this team and the defense has serious issues. Big step back for these guys
    10. Kansas - I picked them last but they will take a huge step forward. With a 5 star transfer from BYU at qb, this team will win a conference game or two. Would not surprise me to see them move up to 9th or 8th.
    I pretty much agree with this, however I would swap OU and TCU. I just don't think TCU has the depth (for lack of a better word) to go 9 games in the Big 12 without losing a few and somehow OU always gets themselves into title contention. I too think OSU is going to be scary good. They are still great on offense and are improving on defense, it is also a younger team than they had last year.

If nothing else, I'm grateful for the new big 12 because of OU's inability to close the deal for the conference crown year after year. That was getting old.

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 829

Quote Originally Posted by 2020cy View Post
    Just the type of mentaility that CPR is trying to break.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidoosh View Post
    Am I the only one not worried about playing on the road anymore? We seem to play just fine on the road. What we need to work on is playing at home.
    We were what? 50% on the road and like 20% at home? Keep that 50% road and bump the home up to 100% and baby you can get a stew going.
    Personally, I'd rather have the "easy" games on the road, and the tougher guys in front of 50K screaming Cyclone fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue52 View Post
    With Texas, TCU, and OSU at home, we need to get three of those unlike this season. I'm also not sold that TCU is ready to compete for the conference championship, but I'll reserve my judgement after I see them play this weekend.
    Fixed that for ya. I was gonna stick in "two", but why be a wimp?

Part of this fanbase is like the parable of the blind men and the elephant.

Who knew?