Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 25,872, Level: 49
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 678
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    F5cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    1,200
    Points
    25,872
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 77

    Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    TU athletic director is an 'admitted gambler,' FBI says

    University of Tulsa Athletic Director Ross M. Parmley was suspended with pay Tuesday after the FBI identified him as an “admitted gambler” who was involved with Teddy Mitchell, who authorities believe acted as a bookmaker. Parmley has not been charged.

    TU athletic director is an 'admitted gambler,' FBI says | NewsOK.com



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 22,795, Level: 46
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Gorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Amana, IA
    Posts
    1,011
    Points
    22,795
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 173

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Welcome to the Big East!


    Good times on Hawkeyenation.com after the 2010 Wisconsin Game!


  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Can we use this to get out of that stupid road game next year?



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 424,051, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,800
    Points
    424,051
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 420

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    Can we use this to get out of that stupid road game next year?
    No kidding. Awful, and a waste of a prime september weekend.



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 9,472, Level: 29
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    559
    Points
    9,472
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    Can we use this to get out of that stupid road game next year?
    Yup terrifying game. Pollard should be doing whatever he can to get out of it. He can play anyone in Ames at night in early september and get a full house.

    3 wins from UNI, Iowa, @ Tulsa is far from a certainty and each would be a horrible loss with a killer 9 game Big 12 run looming



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 113,097, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    awd4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,920
    Points
    113,097
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,011
    Given: 645

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Wow, I can't believe some of you are still afraid of Tulsa.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    Wow, I can't believe some of you are still afraid of Tulsa.
    I'm not "afraid" of Tulsa, I just think its stupid for any BCS conference team to go on the road against someone like that. If we were going to play someone like Mizzu or Nebraska, fine as long as they returned it, but we shouldn't have to make return games with schools like that anymore.



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 72,208, Level: 83
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 942
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Bader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    4,454
    Points
    72,208
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 50

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    I'm not "afraid" of Tulsa, I just think its stupid for any BCS conference team to go on the road against someone like that. If we were going to play someone like Mizzu or Nebraska, fine as long as they returned it, but we shouldn't have to make return games with schools like that anymore.
    I think it's worth it to buy out of this to guarantee we have 7 home games a year. We won't ever have an 8-game slate (Big XII gave us the 5 home conference games the years we play @Iowa), going 7 and then 6 home games every year is not appealing to me



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 309,970, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    17,396
    Points
    309,970
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,792
    Given: 4,004

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bader View Post
    I think it's worth it to buy out of this to guarantee we have 7 home games a year. We won't ever have an 8-game slate (Big XII gave us the 5 home conference games the years we play @Iowa), going 7 and then 6 home games every year is not appealing to me
    Yep, a home game vs a patsy is worth more to the AD than the potential buy-out I would think.



  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 9,472, Level: 29
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    559
    Points
    9,472
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    Wow, I can't believe some of you are still afraid of Tulsa.
    SMU game they had nothing to play for since they were in CUSA championsip and they were competitive in the other losses in Ames and Fayettville and next year Green will be back and better and he is a big boy.

    ISU needs to put up 40 or more points to go in there and leave with a win Tulsa will most certainly score some points.

    Just an awful game to play and there is no reason not to make sure the team plays 7 home games every year particularly when the non conference games like WIU sold better than the Texas Tech one and the game in IC will be in years with 5 Big 12 home games. ISU can't think of raising Season Ticket prices at all next year now specifically because of this stupid game @ Tulsa.


    You think Bill Snyder would ever dream of playing a game away to the best CUSA team? No chance in hell.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 113,097, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    awd4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,920
    Points
    113,097
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,011
    Given: 645

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseCyclone View Post
    SMU game they had nothing to play for since they were in CUSA championsip and they were competitive in the other losses in Ames and Fayettville and next year Green will be back and better and he is a big boy.

    ISU needs to put up 40 or more points to go in there and leave with a win Tulsa will most certainly score some points.

    Just an awful game to play and there is no reason not to make sure the team plays 7 home games every year particularly when the non conference games like WIU sold better than the Texas Tech one and the game in IC will be in years with 5 Big 12 home games. ISU can't think of raising Season Ticket prices at all next year now specifically because of this stupid game @ Tulsa.


    You think Bill Snyder would ever dream of playing a game away to the best CUSA team? No chance in hell.
    ISU doesn't have to put up 40 points to win at Tulsa and Cody Green is not that good. I would be actually slightly worried if we faced the QB that was there before him. It's not like other major schools haven't done the same. OU only had 6 home games this year and they played UTEP on the road. It would be nice to have 7 home games every year and not have to play road games like this but it is what it is.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 36,860, Level: 59
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 990
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    iacyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dirty Dodge
    Posts
    2,090
    Points
    36,860
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 56

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    ISU doesn't have to put up 40 points to win at Tulsa and Cody Green is not that good. I would be actually slightly worried if we faced the QB that was there before him. It's not like other major schools haven't done the same. OU only had 6 home games this year and they played UTEP on the road. It would be nice to have 7 home games every year and not have to play road games like this but it is what it is.
    bit of a difference between isu and ou though..



  13. #13
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    OMG, Tulane's AD is under investigation now, too?



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 113,097, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    awd4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,920
    Points
    113,097
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,011
    Given: 645

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by iacyguy View Post
    bit of a difference between isu and ou though..
    Which would make it even more ridiculous complaining about playing a C-USA team on the road.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 560,608, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,524
    Points
    560,608
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 397
    Given: 191

    Re: Tulsa's AD suspended; under investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    OMG, Tulane's AD is under investigation now, too?
    Only news story that says "Tulane" has the Tulsa AD's name and info. Guessing some editor didn't catch the "Tulane" error.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM