Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
  1. #31
    Speechless
    Points: 556,115, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,214
    Points
    556,115
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 41

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Quote Originally Posted by cymate View Post
    well i guess Kentucky and Iowa state are alike
    Jeeze dude you been on an idiot run recently. If you've grown to dislike ISU so much this year why don't you just leave? Nobody needs or wants your whiny comments.




  2. #32
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 160,600, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    4,951
    Points
    160,600
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 19

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Quote Originally Posted by cymate View Post
    well i guess Kentucky and Iowa state are alike


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

  3. #33
    Addict
    Points: 103,464, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JP4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sommerset
    Posts
    5,885
    Points
    103,464
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 16

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Why doesn't Kentucky just cheat and pay players like they currently/always have in basketball?



  4. #34
    All-Star
    Points: 117,870, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    stevefrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,236
    Points
    117,870
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 8

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Quote Originally Posted by cymate View Post
    well i guess Kentucky and Iowa state are alike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	you-are-a-*********.gif 
Views:	213 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	16563



  5. #35
    Pro
    Points: 38,311, Level: 60
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,039
    Points
    38,311
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 30

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Quote Originally Posted by JP4CY View Post
    Why doesn't Kentucky just cheat and pay players like they currently/always have in basketball?
    Because the SEC only allows teams to cheat in either football or basketball, hence the reason SEC teams usually aren't known for having strong programs in both.



  6. #36
    All-Star
    Points: 37,744, Level: 59
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU_phoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    1,855
    Points
    37,744
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    But apparently they do have an SEZ!



  7. #37
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,775, Level: 62
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 875
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bondurant, IA
    Posts
    3,540
    Points
    40,775
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Kentucky is not a dead end job. THey just need to recruit more juco and find a coach who can sell the program. Play 4 patsies (because they still get 4 non conference games) then beat 2 teams in the league. Do that for a few years. I do think they are similiar to ISU in the fact that we will always have a hard time finishing in the upper half of the league (as it is right now)



  8. #38
    All-Star
    Points: 12,129, Level: 33
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    InCytful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    1,219
    Points
    12,129
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Kentucky will find someone that will take the job for the right amount of money. Why not swing for the fences first? So what if a few name guys turn you down? If they're offering low-ball money to top tier coaches, they're going to get quite a few rejections.



  9. #39
    Legend
    Points: 148,499, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    10,302
    Points
    148,499
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 182

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    I'm not the one that gets on here after every game (win or loss) and acts like I would have made better calls or done this differently than our current coaches.


    But this could be an opportunity for some posters who say "we need to keep doing the same thing until the defense stops it", "we need to blitz more", "we need our corner backs to not play 10 yards off the ball", "we need to throw the deep pass more", etc. to actually use their wisdom in a real situation.
    Will you stop begging if I ask it? Please, why can you claim false authority?...
    Okay, yes, I understand, as a former player you know better than other posters.

    I do appreciate your effort to keep this board pristine. There is value in filtering one's opinions and only making comments of praise for all things ISU.
    However, you are failing to realize post-fact critiques are not are not the same as "acting like they would have made better calls". With the benefit of hindsight, it does not take much aptitude on a subject to say something else should have been done. Frankly, if you cannot handle that fact, you are being too sensitive. If you have ever given praise to the coaches for success, you are not in position to make claims of false authority when others give criticism.



  10. #40
    Legend
    Points: 280,176, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdriveCreated Album pictures
    IHavNoCyCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,697
    Points
    280,176
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 126

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    I'm pretty sure cymate was mocking Chizik


    Fred's Fanatics- Member
    Fans of Fred Hoiberg and the 2013-2014 Iowa State Cyclones. Copy and Paste to Join.

    Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

  11. #41
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,273, Level: 77
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 977
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ficklone02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    3,901
    Points
    62,273
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 10

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Will you stop begging if I ask it? Please, why can you claim false authority?...
    Okay, yes, I understand, as a former player you know better than other posters.

    I do appreciate your effort to keep this board pristine. There is value in filtering one's opinions and only making comments of praise for all things ISU.
    However, you are failing to realize post-fact critiques are not are not the same as "acting like they would have made better calls". With the benefit of hindsight, it does not take much aptitude on a subject to say something else should have been done. Frankly, if you cannot handle that fact, you are being too sensitive. If you have ever given praise to the coaches for success, you are not in position to make claims of false authority when others give criticism.
    I think you're the one being too sensitive, if you'd have actually played Big XII football you'd probably be frustrated by people mindlessly criticizing the staff as well. Its ok, because its a message board, just like its ok for Curt to get in a little ribbing on here as well. Lighten up Francis.



  12. #42
    Pro
    Points: 59,699, Level: 75
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    3,284
    Points
    59,699
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    why wouldn't Mark Mangino take that job? Whatever happened to him? He took KANSAS to an Orange Bowl. Is he still at the buffet?


    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

  13. #43
    Legend
    Points: 148,499, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    10,302
    Points
    148,499
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 182

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ficklone02 View Post
    I think you're the one being too sensitive, if you'd have actually played Big XII football you'd probably be frustrated by people mindlessly criticizing the staff as well. Its ok, because its a message board, just like its ok for Curt to get in a little ribbing on here as well. Lighten up Francis.
    Yep, and it is okay for me to rib his ribbing. And for you to rib my ribbing of his ribbing....and the cycle of okay ribbing continues. That was part of my point- ribbing of ribbing, is ribbing. Is this where I tell you to lighten up?

    The other part, which you missed, is that Curt's experience gives him the capital to make an assessment of the soundness of the comments, not to call for the silence of such comments.


    Last edited by swarthmoreCY; 11-26-2012 at 10:14 PM.

  14. #44
    Starter
    Points: 19,346, Level: 42
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    becrisgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    861
    Points
    19,346
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 12

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Quote Originally Posted by Luth4Cy View Post
    Because the SEC only allows teams to cheat in either football or basketball, hence the reason SEC teams usually aren't known for having strong programs in both.
    Now I understand Urban Meyer to Ohio St. Billy Donavan called dibs on cheating.


    Last edited by becrisgreg; 11-26-2012 at 10:24 PM.

  15. #45
    All-Star
    Points: 57,591, Level: 74
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 959
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    BBHMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,606
    Points
    57,591
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 86

    Re: Apparently nobody wants the Kentucky job....

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    Jeeze dude you been on an idiot run recently. If you've grown to dislike ISU so much this year why don't you just leave? Nobody needs or wants your whiny comments.
    He hasn't grown to hate ISU. He's ALWAYS hated ISU and is just gettin' his trollin' rollin'.


    Cy has balls of steel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM