Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 109

Re: Latest on Royce

Quote Originally Posted by CYEATHAWK View Post
    Somewhere, someone in his life has convinced him that being a professional victim has merit.
    His pyschaitrists? Hope they do not kill the golden goose or they will not get paid.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 7

He needs to quit playing the victim. Everyone in this world has issues. Hell most of these kids in the NBA grew up in the ghetto and had nothing. Now they are working their butts off to help their families and friends. Instead of being a little *****, he needs to get off his lazy *** and do something about it. Anxiety trooper my ***.

All-Star
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

does anyone else feel like he doesnt want to play?

he cares more about getting his name as an anxiety trooper in the news so the condition gets more awareness it seems

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M FEELING 22!

Rookie
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Messi View Post
    This is one of the stupidest things he's ever tweeted

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    If you haven't disclosed your illness to your employer, you should, b/c your entitled accommodations. #AnxietyTroopers
    I find it interesting that Royce had about 93,000 followers when all of this started a few weeks ago and now he is up to 125,000 followers.

All-Star
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    His pyschaitrists? Hope they do not kill the golden goose or they will not get paid.

No.....this happened well before he became a Rocket. And for that matter....even a Cyclone. This was a life lesson learned from a family member or friend. Where there's a will, there's a way. And a means to an end. I think that is what ISU gave him. He is no dumb a** and he didn't just wake up this morning and go......oh no. He thinks/feels that someone owes him a living....on his terms. And if I didn't know better, I might think he was nothing more than a self involved BS artist. But this goes a little deeper than that.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 12

Quote Originally Posted by clone26 View Post
    I find it interesting that Royce had about 93,000 followers when all of this started a few weeks ago and now he is up to 125,000 followers.
    Some people can't resist watching a slow motion train wreck take place.

All-Star
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6

Can someone objectively recount the situation for those of us who have not made up our mind?

TIA!

"I think that people are responding to someone standing up and saying this is what we want to do and let's not be afraid to go for it,'' Pollard said. "I think Iowa State has a very conservative, modest background. We never pound our chest and say `Let's do it.' It's OK to set a goal. You can't do it if you don't say what you want to do. You should be proud of it.''

Jamie Pollard, 6/2/2006

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by isugcs View Post
    Can someone objectively recount the situation for those of us who have not made up our mind?

TIA!
    Its hard not to be opinionated on this, because of the lack of real facts about what is going on.
    At this point Royce is making Hoiberg look bad, Freds recruiting pitch is that he knows the NBA guys and he can hook you up.
    What do you think Royce might have done to Fred's NBA friends, by being (so far) a bust like this?
    Royce isn't only letting himself and his family down, he is ****ing over Fred and the program at ISU

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 21

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonefan89 View Post
    Its hard not to be opinionated on this, because of the lack of real facts about what is going on.
    At this point Royce is making Hoiberg look bad, Freds recruiting pitch is that he knows the NBA guys and he can hook you up.
    What do you think Royce might have done to Fred's NBA friends, by being (so far) a bust like this?
    Royce isn't only letting himself and his family down, he is ****ing over Fred and the program at ISU
    Seems objective to me.

In all seriousness, I think it's hard to tell if Fred's reputation is tarnished because of this. It's not like Royce had zero special requests in college that would have been hard to accommodate in the NBA. Didn't he drive with his Dad to the 2nd round of the NCCA tournament while his teammates flew? I thought I remember the announcers saying that on the TV telecast.

Fred isn't stupid, and nothing is for certain. He had a whole year with Royce. I'm sure there was some caution to the NBA in his recommendation.

Also, this isn't what the NFL used to be where rookies break the bank. There's 2 rounds of the NBA draft and historically, it seems like anyone outside of the top half of the first round that makes it is a heck of a steal. It seems like a lot of these guys slip into obscurity. Royce was talented and he was going to get his shot regardless of what Fred said.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 109

With all the new Rocket people melding on the squad, sitting out is the wrong thing to do. I do not see any other NBA team wanting to deal with this situation. It is the Rockets or the highway. Royce needs to show some value for the millions spent on him and a highlight reel of ten pre season plays is a little like the minnesota scene.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 20

I'm not worried about Fred's standing in the NBA - it seems that actually he gains more respect

This is from Patrick Reusse - Star Tribune's columnist : "Turkey of the Year"

http://www.startribune.com/sports/18...tml?page=2&c=y

Royce White. Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg should get a parade for keeping the court-dodging, totally unreliable White in the lineup and productive for the Cyclones last winter.

Rookie
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Quote Originally Posted by ZJohnson View Post
    He needs to quit playing the victim. Everyone in this world has issues. Hell most of these kids in the NBA grew up in the ghetto and had nothing. Now they are working their butts off to help their families and friends. Instead of being a little *****, he needs to get off his lazy *** and do something about it. Anxiety trooper my ***.

The issues that people have are not equal. Mental health issues vary much in severity. Psychiatrists seem to have drugs to push no matter where you fall on the scale. I know several people who are being treated ranging from depression to bipolar. I have heard tales from the people or their family with the more severe conditions that they were made much worse when the psychiatrists pushed them on certain drugs. The people I am familiar with are not lazy, they are just unable to function at certain tasks.

Unless you have daily dealing with Royce, you have no idea where he falls with his condition.

All-Star
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

Quote Originally Posted by imnclone View Post
    The issues that people have are not equal. Mental health issues vary much in severity. Psychiatrists seem to have drugs to push no matter where you fall on the scale. I know several people who are being treated ranging from depression to bipolar. I have heard tales from the people or their family with the more severe conditions that they were made much worse when the psychiatrists pushed them on certain drugs. The people I am familiar with are not lazy, they are just unable to function at certain tasks.

Unless you have daily dealing with Royce, you have no idea where he falls with his condition.

That's fine........then give the money back. Can't have it both ways. Then find what task in which he is able to function(music, twitter) and earn his living that way. The Rockets do not owe him a living.

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    Seems objective to me.

In all seriousness, I think it's hard to tell if Fred's reputation is tarnished because of this. It's not like Royce had zero special requests in college that would have been hard to accommodate in the NBA. Didn't he drive with his Dad to the 2nd round of the NCCA tournament while his teammates flew? I thought I remember the announcers saying that on the TV telecast.

Fred isn't stupid, and nothing is for certain. He had a whole year with Royce. I'm sure there was some caution to the NBA in his recommendation.

Also, this isn't what the NFL used to be where rookies break the bank. There's 2 rounds of the NBA draft and historically, it seems like anyone outside of the top half of the first round that makes it is a heck of a steal. It seems like a lot of these guys slip into obscurity. Royce was talented and he was going to get his shot regardless of what Fred said.

My goodness. Fred built a NCAA Tourney team around the guy and he had these issues. If anything it's a feather in Fred's cap that he could work with a player like that. Think what he'll be able to do with "normal" recruits.

Pro
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18

Quote Originally Posted by clone26 View Post
    America LOVES to be front and center for a good train wreck... He's not creating awareness - we're all tuning in to see him crash and burn. Harsh but honest... And I only "tune-in" via these threads.