Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 91
  1. #46
    Legend
    Points: 154,050, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,163
    Points
    154,050
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 459
    Given: 633

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by FootballinTexas View Post
    You mean like that TCU defense that gave UT fits and that OSU defense that's giving OU fits right now. BTW, our other two conference wins.....TCU has more wins in conference than those two combined. But, JB can't play here. That's what's laughable.
    You mean the TCU did as well as the KU defense against Texas? Sam should be proud. Or the TCU defense that gave up 50+ to Baylor (OTs)? 30 points by the 3rd quarter is giving OU fits?



  2. #47
    Pro
    Points: 150,005, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ZJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Snottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    3,480
    Points
    150,005
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 42

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    OMG. This is some great comedy. JB regressed b/c of the coaches yet our other QB's either stayed the same or improved (SR since he jumped JB on the depth chart). Maybe JB needs to put in more work toward getting better. Naw, blame the coaches.
    Exactly, he sounds like all the Hawk fans right now.



  3. #48
    All-Star
    Points: 48,408, Level: 68
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,342
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    FootballinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    Points
    48,408
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    So other QB's improved this year and JB didn't because of the coaches is what you're saying?
    You really think SJ improved? His completion percentage went up because of three cupcake defenses (WI, BU, Tulsa). He was 50% in his other starts and turned the ball over at least 2 times per game. There was nothing for SR to improve on. So how can you say the other QB's improved?

    I'm just saying, a coach has the responsibility of training and developing his players. Anyone that's ever coached will tell you that.



  4. #49
    Speechless
    Points: 560,102, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,356
    Points
    560,102
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 118

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by FootballinTexas View Post
    There was nothing for SR to improve on. So how can you say the other QB's improved?
    Depth chart. SR moved from 3 to 1 or 2. Yet, he didn't improve?




  5. #50
    All-Star
    Points: 48,408, Level: 68
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,342
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    FootballinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    Points
    48,408
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    I know you're all riding a high and that's good. I am too because SR showed great promise. That doesn't mean I'm going to just push aside our QB that's played and won against some top 25 competition.



  6. #51
    Addict
    Points: 143,072, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    WhatchaGonnaDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,146
    Points
    143,072
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 331
    Given: 204

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    Depth chart. SR moved from 3 to 1 or 2. Yet, he didn't improve?
    Get that logic out of here!



  7. #52
    Speechless
    Points: 560,102, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,356
    Points
    560,102
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 118

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    FootballinTexas, want to address the question about Sam improving (you know jumping JB on the depth chart)? I notice you've dodged that again. No, can't do that because that would mean it's not on the coaches.




  8. #53
    Addict
    Points: 143,072, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    WhatchaGonnaDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,146
    Points
    143,072
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 331
    Given: 204

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by FootballinTexas View Post
    I know you're all riding a high and that's good. I am too because SR showed great promise. That doesn't mean I'm going to just push aside our QB that's played and won against some top 25 competition.
    He's also played and lost miserably against other competition



  9. #54
    Legend
    Points: 154,050, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,163
    Points
    154,050
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 459
    Given: 633

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    I can certainly see where Tex is coming from. I did not see notable improvement in Jantz going from a good athlete with a good arm into a QB, JB seems the same in the passing game, and I have no previous data on Sam. CPR also said if Sam showed in practice what he is showing in games they would have played him. Hard to say though it is coaching. Maybe SJ is just not a QB, JB will never have a good arm, and again, no data on Sam. Perhaps SJ and JB do not fit what Mess wants to run as well as they "fit" Herman.



  10. #55
    Speechless
    Points: 864,032, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,814
    Points
    864,032
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,774
    Given: 1,490

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    Certainly, Sam improved.
    It's really hard to argue that the other two improved. I don't know how someone could prove that after the play we saw from them.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #56
    All-Star
    Points: 48,408, Level: 68
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,342
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    FootballinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    Points
    48,408
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    FootballinTexas, want to address the question about Sam improving (you know jumping JB on the depth chart)? I notice you've dodged that again. No, can't do that because that would mean it's not on the coaches.
    Not going to discuss that because there's more to that than anyone on the outside knows. I'm strictly basing improvement on previous game experience.



  12. #57
    Speechless
    Points: 560,102, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,356
    Points
    560,102
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 118

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by FootballinTexas View Post
    Not going to discuss that because there's more to that than anyone on the outside knows. I'm strictly basing improvement on previous game experience.
    LOL. Can't discuss it because it kills your "coaches dropped the ball" theory.




  13. #58
    All-Star
    Points: 48,408, Level: 68
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,342
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    FootballinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,258
    Points
    48,408
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by WhatchaGonnaDo View Post
    He's also played and lost miserably against other competition
    Really, a 6 point loss to the #6 team that eventually went to #1 and a 14 point loss to the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big 12 in OSU. Then last year to a 6 point loss a 10-2 KSU team and 14 point loss to 10-2 OU team. Yes, i would call that miserable.



  14. #59
    Addict
    Points: 127,538, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,807
    Points
    127,538
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 78

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    Would Barnett or Steele completed a pass in those elements yesterday?



  15. #60
    Legend
    Points: 154,050, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,163
    Points
    154,050
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 459
    Given: 633

    Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by FootballinTexas View Post
    Really, a 6 point loss to the #6 team that eventually went to #1 and a 14 point loss to the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big 12 in OSU. Then last year to a 6 point loss a 10-2 KSU team and 14 point loss to 10-2 OU team. Yes, i would call that miserable.
    Did you see the Baylor-KSU game?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM