Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 148

Re: Looking ahead to Next Year

Did anyone ever figure out what the deal was with JQ?

Starter
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 6

Usually what happens is some of the guys that are predicted to really step up and contribute, end up not getting it done. Then you have guys that end up playing really well when not a lot was expected of them. It's hard to project how guys are going to play next year....just like recruiting it's often a crapshoot.

All-Star
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,105
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cyinne View Post
    Does anybody see Barnett transferring? Being that he has now been passed up by someone that is younger than him and the possibility that a redshirt this year would possibly be higher on the depth chart... He has won some big games here but his inconsistency is his crutch. I think he could be a pretty good, consistent qb in the MAC/CUSA.
    I've known the Barnett family for several years now and I spoke with his uncle that I played college ball with today. He was very adamant that JB is not going snywhere. JB will be in the thick of it this offseason and spring. And this team, coaches, and fan base should want that. I think CPR is a great coach however, he better make sure that the QB coach figures out why he let JB regress and get that fixed this coming offseason, spring, and summer considering he is the only returning QB that's been in those huge battles and has true ski s on the wall

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 384
    Given: 219

JB will never start again unless there are injuries. He seems to do well with the headset on, and I think he should get used to that role.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 200

Quote Originally Posted by FootballinTexas View Post
    I think CPR is a great coach however, he better make sure that the QB coach figures out why he let JB regress and get that fixed this coming offseason, spring, and summer considering he is the only returning QB that's been in those huge battles and has true ski s on the wall
    OMG. This is some great comedy. JB regressed b/c of the coaches yet our other QB's either stayed the same or improved (SR since he jumped JB on the depth chart). Maybe JB needs to put in more work toward getting better. Naw, blame the coaches.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 745
    Given: 345

I've known the Barnett family for several years now and I spoke with his uncle that I played college ball with today. He was very adamant that JB is not going snywhere. JB will be in the thick of it this offseason and spring. And this team, coaches, and fan base should want that. I think CPR is a great coach however, he better make sure that the QB coach figures out why he let JB regress and get that fixed this coming offseason, spring, and summer considering he is the only returning QB that's been in those huge battles and has true ski s on the wall
    Glad to hear that he is going to stick around. I'm not sure he will ever play any more meaningful snaps as a Cyclone, simply because of Richardson, Rohach, and the fact it looks like he hit a ceiling. He seems like a great teammate though, possibly a coach in the future, and a high football IQ guy that is good to have on the sideline.

All-Star
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

I want JB to compete for the job as I want Rohach to compete as well. All we know about SR is that he is a deceptive runner and has nice ball placement. Those hailing him as the future of cyclone football are premature. He has played two good games vs two of the worst big 12 defenses in the league, glad he got a chance and glad he played well but competition is good and will make the team better, I just hope they pick one and give him a chance through good and bad next year.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    OMG. This is some great comedy. JB regressed b/c of the coaches yet our other QB's either stayed the same or improved (SR since he jumped JB on the depth chart). Maybe JB needs to put in more work toward getting better. Naw, blame the coaches.
    I'll probably get grilled for this, but I'm not sure JB regressed. Our O-line was worse meaning it was harder for him to run the zone read and get time to pass. He also had to play better defenses than last year IMO. I thought Okie State's defense was much better than the one we played last year, and he certainly didn't have to face a cupcake defense like Tech had down in Lubbock last season.

Addict
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 384
    Given: 219

Quote Originally Posted by justcynn View Post
    I want JB to compete for the job as I want Rohach to compete as well. All we know about SR is that he is a deceptive runner and has nice ball placement. Those hailing him as the future of cyclone football are premature. He has played two good games vs two of the worst big 12 defenses in the league, glad he got a chance and glad he played well but competition is good and will make the team better, I just hope they pick one and give him a chance through good and bad next year.
    Just wait until Sunshine leads us to a bowl victory this year

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    I train HS QB's everyday and YES, it's my responsibility as their QB trainer to make sure they leave me in a better position than they come. That's what the word "coach" means.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I train HS QB's everyday and YES, it's my responsibility as their QB trainer to make sure they leave me in a better position than they come. That's what the word "coach" means.
    Wouldn't you agree though that some guys do hit a ceiling and can't improve?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 200

So other QB's improved this year and JB didn't because of the coaches is what you're saying?

Legend
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 726
    Given: 1,128

JB will be in the thick of it this offseason and spring. And this team, coaches, and fan base should want that. I think CPR is a great coach however, he better make sure that the QB coach figures out why he let JB regress and get that fixed this coming offseason, spring, and summer considering he is the only returning QB that's been in those huge battles and has true ski s on the wall
    He will be in the mix. If he wins, I hope Mess has looked at what Weis did at KU with Cummings. Our running backs are solid, and JB just good enough at passing that he is a real threat as the 2nd or 3rd rb. His decision making and skills (timing/fakes/etc) on the read are superior to what we have seen from AA, Jantz, and Sam (although not much of a sample). KU would probably be in bowl if Cummings was as good as JB.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Luth4Cy View Post
    I'll probably get grilled for this, but I'm not sure JB regressed. Our O-line was worse meaning it was harder for him to run the zone read and get time to pass. He also had to play better defenses than last year IMO. I thought Okie State's defense was much better than the one we played last year, and he certainly didn't have to face a cupcake defense like Tech had down in Lubbock last season.
    You mean like that TCU defense that gave UT fits and that OSU defense that's giving OU fits right now. BTW, our other two conference wins.....TCU has more wins in conference than those two combined. But, JB can't play here. That's what's laughable.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

You mean like that TCU defense that gave UT fits and that OSU defense that's giving OU fits right now. BTW, our other two conference wins.....TCU has more wins in conference than those two combined. But, JB can't play here. That's what's laughable.
    You just said JB regressed, but now you are talking about how well he played vs. TCU. I'm confused. And I have to agree with agronomist that it's hard to put regression of a player on the coaches when others improved.