Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Bowl Practices

  1. #1
    Recruit
    Points: 9,138, Level: 28
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    79
    Points
    9,138
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Bowl Practices

    Getting a little a head of myself but with the extra bowl practices for the team which of the freshman that redshirted this year would be able to possible crack the lineup for playing time next year. any who is everyone most hyped about seeing on the field next year



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 161,467, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,031
    Points
    161,467
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 60

    Re: Bowl Practices

    Quan West on offense. Pierre Aka on defense.

    I don't think they'll start, but should get in the rotations. I'm excited to see those two play.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 26,372, Level: 49
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Sloup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,188
    Points
    26,372
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bowl Practices

    Quote Originally Posted by GMackey32 View Post
    Quan West on offense. Pierre Aka on defense.

    I don't think they'll start, but should get in the rotations. I'm excited to see those two play.
    Did West get all healed up? I thought he tore his ACL or something in fall camp. I could be completely wrong, too.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 161,467, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,031
    Points
    161,467
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 60

    Re: Bowl Practices

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloup View Post
    Did West get all healed up? I thought he tore his ACL or something in fall camp. I could be completely wrong, too.
    Yeah he tore his ACL in August. Normal recovery time is 6 months but you can start running and doing "open chain" motions after 3 months. I've seen him around and he's moving pretty good so it wouldn't surprise me if he's running routes next month.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 433,238, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,882
    Points
    433,238
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 24

    Re: Bowl Practices

    Quote Originally Posted by GMackey32 View Post
    Yeah he tore his ACL in August. Normal recovery time is 6 months but you can start running and doing "open chain" motions after 3 months. I've seen him around and he's moving pretty good so it wouldn't surprise me if he's running routes next month.
    Normal recovery on an ACL is 6 months? Maybe if your name is Adrian Peterson. A normal person is looking at 9 months to a year before they're given clearance to resume all kinds of activity. Minimum.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 161,467, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,031
    Points
    161,467
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 60

    Re: Bowl Practices

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    Normal recovery on an ACL is 6 months? Maybe if your name is Adrian Peterson. A normal person is looking at 9 months to a year before they're given clearance to resume all kinds of activity. Minimum.
    Lulz, really? I tore my ACL and it was 6 months. And I'm not Adrian Peterson. Talk to any good orthopaedic surgeon and they'll tell you 6 months.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

  7. #7
    Prospect
    Points: 5,892, Level: 22
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsSocial
    SeeJay420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cyclone Country
    Posts
    24
    Points
    5,892
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bowl Practices

    I had a complete femoral tear of my ACL. 3 weeks after surgery I was already pedaling on a bike. 6 weeks later I was doing leg presses. 3 months later... I finished all my physical therapy and was back to as close to 100% as I'll ever be. 9 months to a year... man, you need to find some better doctors.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 398,619, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,793
    Points
    398,619
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

    Re: Bowl Practices

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeJay420 View Post
    I had a complete femoral tear of my ACL. 3 weeks after surgery I was already pedaling on a bike. 6 weeks later I was doing leg presses. 3 months later... I finished all my physical therapy and was back to as close to 100% as I'll ever be. 9 months to a year... man, you need to find some better doctors.
    But those Hok doctors talk such a good game....they specialized in running backs...


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM