Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Speechless
    Points: 559,564, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,281
    Points
    559,564
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 74

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    You know it's been a rough year for Iowa and the Big 10 as a whole when all they have to talk **** about is how future conference members have beaten ISU...




  2. #32
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 161,029, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    4,983
    Points
    161,029
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 31

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    You know it's been a rough year for Iowa and the Big 10 as a whole when all they have to talk **** about is how future conference members have beaten ISU...


    Charlie Murphy Approves


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

  3. #33
    Pro
    Points: 50,570, Level: 69
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 580
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,219
    Points
    50,570
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    You know it's been a rough year for Iowa and the Big 10 as a whole when all they have to talk **** about is how future conference members have beaten ISU...
    I know it's been a rough year for Iowa and the Big 10.

    What I'm saying is that ISU fans taking shite about Rutgers football is kind of like Iowa fans talking shite about ISU football.



  4. #34
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I know it's been a rough year for Iowa and the Big 10.



  5. #35
    Pro
    Points: 50,570, Level: 69
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 580
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,219
    Points
    50,570
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post




  6. #36
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 161,029, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    4,983
    Points
    161,029
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 31

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

  7. #37
    Speechless
    Points: 559,564, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,281
    Points
    559,564
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 74

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by GMackey32 View Post






  8. #38
    Addict
    Points: 93,814, Level: 95
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,236
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,633
    Points
    93,814
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 38

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by CyAndrew23 View Post
    Yes because they have played ranked teams week in and week out...oh wait. They play cupcakes then one or two "tough" games.
    Are you talking about tOSU or Rutgers? I guess the same could be said for both.



  9. #39
    All-Star
    Points: 24,083, Level: 47
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,496
    Points
    24,083
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    All you guys are missing the point of this expansion. It isn't about bringing a quality product to the conference it is about raising the television revenue for each school.

    I would have to go back and find it but I think the Maryland president said after the Big Ten renegotiates their tier 1 tv package for 2016 or 2017 and along with the BTN each school will be bringing in somewhere between $38 and $42 million a year. Each school currently gets about $25 millioin a year, that is a huge increase for schools to their athletic budgets. That is what this expansion is about.



  10. #40
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyescott View Post
    All you guys are missing the point of this expansion. It isn't about bringing a quality product to the conference it is about raising the television revenue for each school.

    I would have to go back and find it but I think the Maryland president said after the Big Ten renegotiates their tier 1 tv package for 2016 or 2017 and along with the BTN each school will be bringing in somewhere between $38 and $42 million a year. Each school currently gets about $25 millioin a year, that is a huge increase for schools to their athletic budgets. That is what this expansion is about.
    I think most people comprehend this...but that doesn't mean we can't also make fun of how bad Big Ten football is.



  11. #41
    Legend
    Points: 326,623, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    14,477
    Points
    326,623
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 516
    Given: 1,033

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Yes, Rutgers is #18 in the BCS.

    They have also played **** poor competition all year and their one loss, was to KENT ****ING STATE!

    The Big East is even worse on the whole than the Big 10 at this point. Heck, the Big East champion from last year is 5-5 in the Big 12 this year.

    Until Rutgers plays a non-cupcake schedule do not tout them as a really good team based on their ranking.



  12. #42
    Speechless
    Points: 391,210, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,079
    Points
    391,210
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 257

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Barfknecht: 16 members sounds sweet for Big Ten - Omaha.com
    That's no comfort to league commissioners and member schools who hear that ACC school North Carolina (where Delany played basketball) and the Big 12's Kansas are high on the list of possible targets.
    Is this corner barstool chatter?
    Doesn't sound like it. Four BCS conference coaches and administrators I talked to Tuesday said they think the Big Ten is actively hunting for members 15 and 16, and mentioned the Tar Heels and Jayhawks
    .

    They must want the J Hawks for their football prowess. Wait. They do. Marvelous.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  13. #43
    Legend
    Points: 326,623, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    14,477
    Points
    326,623
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 516
    Given: 1,033

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Barfknecht: 16 members sounds sweet for Big Ten - Omaha.com
    .

    They must want the J Hawks for their football prowess. Wait. They do. Marvelous.
    If KU really wants to leave for the Big Ten I will be happy for the conference to collect all of their TV money for the next several years.



  14. #44
    Addict
    Points: 175,340, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    9,104
    Points
    175,340
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 279
    Given: 59

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    If KU really wants to leave for the Big Ten I will be happy for the conference to collect all of their TV money for the next several years.
    Kansas has tv money?



  15. #45
    Addict
    Points: 97,060, Level: 97
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,990
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    5,925
    Points
    97,060
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 36

    Re: Rutgers Official to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    If KU really wants to leave for the Big Ten I will be happy for the conference to collect all of their TV money for the next several years.
    I haven't read the contracts, so i don't know, but I've read on here that this does not include 3rd tier rights. would there be a way for the B1G to skirt this by just not showing that team on any Tier one or Tier two networks for the length of the contract? I mean they are trying to push the Big 10 network, so just show them on that channel all the time, keep them off of ESPN and ABC.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM