Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 199,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9,390
    Points
    199,745
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 483
    Given: 10

    Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    -Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 75,007, Level: 85
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,543
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,371
    Points
    75,007
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 788
    Given: 1,157

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    This just pisses me off even more that Mac couldn't win with Wes, Diante, Craig, and Rahshon all on the same team.


    Last edited by peteypie; 11-20-2012 at 10:41 AM.

  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 12,604, Level: 33
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    CY88CE11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Des
    Posts
    998
    Points
    12,604
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 341

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    This just pisses me off even more that Mac couldn't win with Wes, Diante, Craig, and Gilstrap all on the same team.
    Gilstrap was only on the team for a year, and that was two years after Wes took off. However, I agree with the premise, as he had Wes, Diante, and Craig, as well as Diante, Craig, and Gilstrap on the same teams.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 75,007, Level: 85
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,543
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,371
    Points
    75,007
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 788
    Given: 1,157

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    Quote Originally Posted by CY88CE11 View Post
    Gilstrap was only on the team for a year, and that was two years after Wes took off. However, I agree with the premise, as he had Wes, Diante, and Craig, as well as Diante, Craig, and Gilstrap on the same teams.
    Sorry, I was thinking of Clark. But yes, later, he still couldn't win with Craig, Diante, and Gilsrtrap



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 12,604, Level: 33
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    CY88CE11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Des
    Posts
    998
    Points
    12,604
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 341

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    Sorry, I was thinking of Clark. But yes, later, he still couldn't win with Craig, Diante, and Gilsrtrap
    Understandable. Similar type of player. Makes you wonder what CFH could have done with Brackins though.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 102,421, Level: 99
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,143
    Points
    102,421
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,221
    Given: 294

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    This just pisses me off even more that Mac couldn't win with Wes, Diante, Craig, and Rahshon all on the same team.
    I was never a fan of chewie, but even I couldn't expect him to win with those 4 on the same team, since they never were.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 39,130, Level: 61
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,220
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mitten1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,422
    Points
    39,130
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 63

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    It is hard to fault Johnson. Those years were some of the most miserable basketball years of my life. DG was amazing to have survived it. I wonder what DG would have done 4 years under CFH.


    "Cómo te va", dijo el murguista a la muchacha. Que lo cortó con su mirada indiferente
    Le dijo "Bien" y lo dejó como si nada
    Nuevamente... La princesa... Se perdía entre la gente (Jaime Roos)

  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 75,007, Level: 85
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,543
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,371
    Points
    75,007
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 788
    Given: 1,157

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    I was never a fan of chewie, but even I couldn't expect him to win with those 4 on the same team, since they never were.
    Wes, Diante, Craig, and Clark were, I typed before I thought. Along with Hubalek



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 21,631, Level: 44
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    BringBackJohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    812
    Points
    21,631
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 20

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    I had to stop watching ISU basketball toward the end of the Greg Mac years. It was probably the most frusterating thing I have ever put myself through. He was a nice guy but why did it take so long to get him out of town? Wes made a great move for his career. When you have a boss that does not appreciate your tallents you take your tallents to south beach.


    Smoke um if you got um

  10. #10
    Prospect
    Points: 4,588, Level: 19
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18
    Points
    4,588
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    Quote Originally Posted by BringBackJohnny View Post
    I had to stop watching ISU basketball toward the end of the Greg Mac years. It was probably the most frusterating thing I have ever put myself through. He was a nice guy but why did it take so long to get him out of town? Wes made a great move for his career. When you have a boss that does not appreciate your tallents you take your tallents to south beach.

    I agree with you. I traveled to the Cal game in Berkley, and it was painful to watch. Toss the ball to Brackins while 4 guys watch him force a shot. Terrible basketball.



  11. #11
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 525,822, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    18,726
    Points
    525,822
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,485
    Given: 6,235

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    Quote Originally Posted by calclone View Post
    I agree with you. I traveled to the Cal game in Berkley, and it was painful to watch. Toss the ball to Brackins while 4 guys watch him force a shot. Terrible basketball.
    I love DG, but there was also a good amount of time where he'd take the ball coast to coast, it would look good, and then he'd force up a shot he couldn't make (often resulting in the other team getting possession). He got himself much more under control his last year or two - he was great at making plays, sometimes they just weren't the right ones.


    M 7/09

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter4Cy View Post
    I got 99 problems but angie isn't one.

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 43,296, Level: 64
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    NickTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    4,956
    Points
    43,296
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 486
    Given: 638

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    I was really sore with Wes at the time, but after the fact, it's really hard to fault the guy.

    Nice read, though



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 43,296, Level: 64
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    NickTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    4,956
    Points
    43,296
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 486
    Given: 638

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I love DG, but there was also a good amount of time where he'd take the ball coast to coast, it would look good, and then he'd force up a shot he couldn't make (often resulting in the other team getting possession). He got himself much more under control his last year or two - he was great at making plays, sometimes they just weren't the right ones.
    McDermott coaching is kinda like herpes. You think you got it out of your system, and it'll flare up again making life miserable.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 32,311, Level: 55
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Urbandale,Ia
    Posts
    3,368
    Points
    32,311
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 5

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    Was Mike Taylor the year before DG got to Ames? Too bad he didn't make it more than a year here



  15. #15
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 525,822, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    18,726
    Points
    525,822
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,485
    Given: 6,235

    Re: Article on Wes Johnson and DG reunited

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarrior View Post
    Was Mike Taylor the year before DG got to Ames? Too bad he didn't make it more than a year here
    I don't think they ever played together. Wasn't Mike only here McDermott's first year? I really liked watching that team, even though they weren't successful - Wes, Dodie, Taylor. Jiri was Jiri.


    M 7/09

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter4Cy View Post
    I got 99 problems but angie isn't one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM