Page 368 of 447 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 6704
  1. #5506
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,443, Level: 62
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    4,767
    Points
    41,443
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 630
    Given: 827

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    A KU offer for a kid that age is officially "blowing up". The fact that you not only didn't know that but didn't trumpet it out your ***, astonishes me.
    KU already has three other offers out to Class of '17 kids. This isn't out of the ordinary for Self. ISU has five offers out to '17 kids.


    Last edited by twocoach; 08-19-2014 at 09:55 PM.

  2. #5507
    Addict
    Points: 112,248, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    madcityCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,867
    Points
    112,248
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 294

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    No, he just hasn't blown up yet. I think that he WILL blow up next summer. The AAU cycle heading into a HS junior season tends to see lots of guys "discovered" by all the big boys. But he'll need to pack on some size if he wants to get meaningful minutes at a big program such as ISU or Kansas.
    "blowing up" is a abstract term. It means something a bit different to everyone. You have your definition, other poster's have there's. It's really not worth a big argument over.

    Unless that's just what you like to do?



  3. #5508
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 90,472, Level: 93
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 778
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    GTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,522
    Points
    90,472
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,769
    Given: 5,853

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Here we go again...



  4. #5509
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 47,853, Level: 67
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    IAStubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,948
    Points
    47,853
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 666
    Given: 194

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by madcityCY View Post
    "blowing up" is a abstract term. It means something a bit different to everyone. You have your definition, other poster's have there's. It's really not worth a big argument over.

    Unless that's just what you like to do?
    Tuco is captain literal though. He probably thought you mentioned he was being blown up as into pieces.



  5. #5510
    Addict
    Points: 70,590, Level: 82
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 860
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    CoKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,972
    Points
    70,590
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,388
    Given: 2,531

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by IAStubborn View Post
    Tuco is captain literal though. He probably thought you mentioned he was being blown up as into pieces.
    If he literally implodes he could get an offer from Oklahoma State. Maybe that's what he's going for



  6. #5511
    All-Star
    Points: 30,288, Level: 53
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thomasrickj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    1,723
    Points
    30,288
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 370
    Given: 50

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    No, he just hasn't blown up yet. I think that he WILL blow up next summer. The AAU cycle heading into a HS junior season tends to see lots of guys "discovered" by all the big boys. But he'll need to pack on some size if he wants to get meaningful minutes at a big program such as ISU or Kansas.
    He's a freaking sophomore in high school. He's still going to grow a little and fill out more, but he's a freaking sophomore in high school for goodness sake.



  7. #5512
    Recruit
    Points: 4,889, Level: 20
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    114
    Points
    4,889
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    @coreyevans_10: 2015 Cape Henry wing Chris Clarke will likely narrow his college list tomorrow



  8. #5513
    Addict
    Points: 70,133, Level: 82
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,317
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,145
    Points
    70,133
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,255
    Given: 662

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonefanwill3 View Post
    @coreyevans_10: 2015 Cape Henry wing Chris Clarke will likely narrow his college list tomorrow
    Please don't eliminate us, CC!



  9. #5514
    All-Star
    Points: 31,205, Level: 54
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    LLCoolJansma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,379
    Points
    31,205
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 109

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Esa Ahmad has 3 visits set up for the fall first two MSU and Maryland but Tulane? (already visited OSU)
    In eany case it appears EA would want immediate playing time and I would think due to the roster make up of ISU next year wouldn't be likely.

    http://zagsblog.com/articles/esa-ahm...tulane-visits/



  10. #5515
    Speechless
    Points: 285,105, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,919
    Points
    285,105
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 391
    Given: 61

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonefanwill3 View Post
    @coreyevans_10: 2015 Cape Henry wing Chris Clarke will likely narrow his college list tomorrow
    If he eliminates us, it's most likely down to Diallo and Dime for 2015. Good thing I don't think he does.



  11. #5516
    All-Star
    Points: 16,152, Level: 38
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,319
    Points
    16,152
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Does anyone have any links that indicate Clarke has high interest in us ? Guess I haven't ran across them. Think he turned some heads this summer and received several additional high offers. Hope we have a chance.



  12. #5517
    Pro
    Points: 60,349, Level: 76
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,594
    Points
    60,349
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 32

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by allfourcy View Post
    Does anyone have any links that indicate Clarke has high interest in us ? Guess I haven't ran across them. Think he turned some heads this summer and received several additional high offers. Hope we have a chance.
    This is probably the best news I've seen regarding Clarke and Iowa State. Hopefully Travis Hines is correct.

    Travis Hines ‏@TravisHines21

    @alexbenbow11 Think Iowa State will get an official.



  13. #5518
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 72,517, Level: 83
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,083
    Points
    72,517
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 611
    Given: 891

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post
    This is probably the best news I've seen regarding Clarke and Iowa State. Hopefully Travis Hines is correct.
    I hope we can get tuco's input on this one.


    Ill put any dollar that if I get this ball again, Long said, Its going in.
    - Naz Long to Markel Brown before hitting the game tying shot.

  14. #5519
    Addict
    Points: 69,156, Level: 81
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Rural's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,569
    Points
    69,156
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 425
    Given: 302

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by LLCoolJansma View Post
    Esa Ahmad has 3 visits set up for the fall first two MSU and Maryland but Tulane? (already visited OSU)
    In eany case it appears EA would want immediate playing time and I would think due to the roster make up of ISU next year wouldn't be likely.

    http://zagsblog.com/articles/esa-ahm...tulane-visits/


    Plenty of playing time available, it's 14 months away and I don't think any team is stacked enough that this kid won't get time.



  15. #5520
    All-Star
    Points: 31,205, Level: 54
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    LLCoolJansma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,379
    Points
    31,205
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 109

    Re: Recruit Lists v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    Plenty of playing time available, it's 14 months away and I don't think any team is stacked enough that this kid won't get time.
    From ISU's perspective there would be room and would take him as insurance for 14 months out, but he wouldn't start over Niang, McKay and Nadar as a frosh. Esa is most likely choosing a college this fall and the suprise addition of Tulane indicates he values starters minutes as a freshmen over just contributing to a high major. I agree a lot of roster transition could happen but I doubt we see any by the time Ahmad decides, not to mention he only has one official visit left. Not saying ISU is out but I wouldn't be suprised if the staff has moved on (especially with Williams already in the fold and only two scholarships currently available and two other posts officially visiting).



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNews
  • Iowa State @ TCU
  • March 7, 2015
  • 07:30 PM