Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 28,403, Level: 51
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    587
    Points
    28,403
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 275
    Given: 0

    ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Someone did their homework...

    Richardson is an athletic pocket passer that is flying under the radar as a quality passer with a cool demeanor and upside to develop both his frame and physical tools. He has a calm swagger about him, a live arm and a fluid release. Has adequate height and a lean build. Looks to have a late-bloomers frame with room for growth. He really grows on you the more you watch him. Gets set quickly and gets rid of the ball very fast. Release is smooth, quick and compact; he doesn't waste any time and is very decisive in his reads. He will move around and buy more time with his feet when necessary. Shows good pocket presence, has a feel for the rush. Can throw the ball efficiently on the run. He has very good arm strength, delivery quickness may exaggerate it though. He will be able to make all the college-level throws. Shows good touch on the deep ball and can drop the ball in over coverage. His overall accuracy and timing are solid when his feet are set. He does a very good job of throwing from outside the pocket. He will make a lot of things happen after the initial play breaks down. Shows good vision and movement skills as a runner. Is competitive and tough. Richardson is a kid that has a release you cannot coach and if he can add bulk and strength to his frame over the coming years he could blossom into an entirely different player than he is now. We would be surprised if his recruitment does not heat up through the fall.



  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,609, Level: 31
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CysMyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southlake TX
    Posts
    283
    Points
    10,609
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    WOW -- that is exactly what we saw last night.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 170,088, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gunnerclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Beaverdale hood
    Posts
    12,748
    Points
    170,088
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,327
    Given: 2,830

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    "Richardson is a kid that has a release you cannot coach"


    ​Really was a thing of beauty last night.



  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 17,174, Level: 39
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    187
    Points
    17,174
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by CurvedAir View Post
    Someone did their homework...

    Richardson is an athletic pocket passer that is flying under the radar as a quality passer with a cool demeanor and upside to develop both his frame and physical tools. He has a calm swagger about him, a live arm and a fluid release. Has adequate height and a lean build. Looks to have a late-bloomers frame with room for growth. He really grows on you the more you watch him. Gets set quickly and gets rid of the ball very fast. Release is smooth, quick and compact; he doesn't waste any time and is very decisive in his reads. He will move around and buy more time with his feet when necessary. Shows good pocket presence, has a feel for the rush. Can throw the ball efficiently on the run. He has very good arm strength, delivery quickness may exaggerate it though. He will be able to make all the college-level throws. Shows good touch on the deep ball and can drop the ball in over coverage. His overall accuracy and timing are solid when his feet are set. He does a very good job of throwing from outside the pocket. He will make a lot of things happen after the initial play breaks down. Shows good vision and movement skills as a runner. Is competitive and tough. Richardson is a kid that has a release you cannot coach and if he can add bulk and strength to his frame over the coming years he could blossom into an entirely different player than he is now. We would be surprised if his recruitment does not heat up through the fall.
    This is exactly why I look at the ESPN recruiting instead of the Rivals... the scouts for ESPN seem to actually scout a kid instead of just looking at their offer list and then give them stars.

    By the way ISU has 16 3* recruits from ESPN in this class and that is not counting our 2 JUCO recruits!



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 307,916, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,205
    Points
    307,916
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,814
    Given: 2,123

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    I've never seen a more accurate scouting report. Do you have a name attached to that report?



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 245,431, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    27,071
    Points
    245,431
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,716
    Given: 757

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    I really liked what I saw out of the kid, but I'm afraid if some on this board don't temper their expectations of a freshman quarterback, they'll be setting themselves up for a massive collapse.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 90,599, Level: 93
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    7,648
    Points
    90,599
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 885

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    I really liked what I saw out of the kid, but I'm afraid if some on this board don't temper their expectations of a freshman quarterback, they'll be setting themselves up for a massive collapse.
    So we can't start calling him "Sammy Football"?


    #BEATIOWA

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 276,528, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,916
    Points
    276,528
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,987
    Given: 171

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Usually espn scouting reports are so general or neutral that they can't be wrong haha. This one is actually pretty good.


    The Official Paul Rhode's Salt Truck Driver.

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 245,431, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    27,071
    Points
    245,431
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,716
    Given: 757

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    So we can't start calling him "Sammy Football"?
    I'd probably personally hold off on it, being that all he did was beat a very bad Kansas team.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 42,556, Level: 63
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    tzjung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    1,417
    Points
    42,556
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 426
    Given: 443

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    I honestly think 'Sunshine' is a more appropriate nickname.



  11. #11
    Walk On
    Points: 9,639, Level: 29
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    143
    Points
    9,639
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by tzjung View Post
    I honestly think 'Sunshine' is a more appropriate nickname.

    thats what we were callin him all game



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 69,567, Level: 81
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bu4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,869
    Points
    69,567
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 702
    Given: 403

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    I'd probably personally hold off on it, being that all he did was beat a very bad Kansas team.
    IMO KU is a much better team than recent years. They did take Tech to OT last week



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 159,626, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,165
    Points
    159,626
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,271
    Given: 2,524

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    If we're going to rip off "Johnny Football," let's go with Sammy Touchdown.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 32,893, Level: 55
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cyinne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,453
    Points
    32,893
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 187
    Given: 86

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by tzjung View Post
    I honestly think 'Sunshine' is a more appropriate nickname.
    This is what i was thinking while watching the highlight tape. lol.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 58,157, Level: 74
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,934
    Points
    58,157
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 359
    Given: 400

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Great analysis by ESPN. SR's hs highlight videos from his junior and senior years showed an incredible major college prospect and I can't believe we stole him out of SEC/ACC country. Amazing how open our receivers looked last night when you have a qb with the ability to look off defenders and go to open receivers instead of constantly throwing into double coverage as Barnett and SJ often do. Yes it was Kansas, but an improving Kansas that's played some good football lately, and was off to a good prety good start last night until we kept scoring on them. It was an incredible performance for a rs freshman and as the game went on he was making it look easy. I'll try to temper my enthusiasm but it feels so good to finally see an ISU qb that may be the real deal.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM