ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 19,805, Level: 42
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    473
    Points
    19,805
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 0

    ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Someone did their homework...

    Richardson is an athletic pocket passer that is flying under the radar as a quality passer with a cool demeanor and upside to develop both his frame and physical tools. He has a calm swagger about him, a live arm and a fluid release. Has adequate height and a lean build. Looks to have a late-bloomers frame with room for growth. He really grows on you the more you watch him. Gets set quickly and gets rid of the ball very fast. Release is smooth, quick and compact; he doesn't waste any time and is very decisive in his reads. He will move around and buy more time with his feet when necessary. Shows good pocket presence, has a feel for the rush. Can throw the ball efficiently on the run. He has very good arm strength, delivery quickness may exaggerate it though. He will be able to make all the college-level throws. Shows good touch on the deep ball and can drop the ball in over coverage. His overall accuracy and timing are solid when his feet are set. He does a very good job of throwing from outside the pocket. He will make a lot of things happen after the initial play breaks down. Shows good vision and movement skills as a runner. Is competitive and tough. Richardson is a kid that has a release you cannot coach and if he can add bulk and strength to his frame over the coming years he could blossom into an entirely different player than he is now. We would be surprised if his recruitment does not heat up through the fall.



  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 9,568, Level: 29
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    CysMyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southlake TX
    Posts
    281
    Points
    9,568
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    WOW -- that is exactly what we saw last night.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,554, Level: 91
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,896
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gunnerclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Beaverdale hood
    Posts
    4,784
    Points
    85,554
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 969
    Given: 514

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    "Richardson is a kid that has a release you cannot coach"


    ​Really was a thing of beauty last night.



  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 14,962, Level: 37
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    176
    Points
    14,962
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 0

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by CurvedAir View Post
    Someone did their homework...

    Richardson is an athletic pocket passer that is flying under the radar as a quality passer with a cool demeanor and upside to develop both his frame and physical tools. He has a calm swagger about him, a live arm and a fluid release. Has adequate height and a lean build. Looks to have a late-bloomers frame with room for growth. He really grows on you the more you watch him. Gets set quickly and gets rid of the ball very fast. Release is smooth, quick and compact; he doesn't waste any time and is very decisive in his reads. He will move around and buy more time with his feet when necessary. Shows good pocket presence, has a feel for the rush. Can throw the ball efficiently on the run. He has very good arm strength, delivery quickness may exaggerate it though. He will be able to make all the college-level throws. Shows good touch on the deep ball and can drop the ball in over coverage. His overall accuracy and timing are solid when his feet are set. He does a very good job of throwing from outside the pocket. He will make a lot of things happen after the initial play breaks down. Shows good vision and movement skills as a runner. Is competitive and tough. Richardson is a kid that has a release you cannot coach and if he can add bulk and strength to his frame over the coming years he could blossom into an entirely different player than he is now. We would be surprised if his recruitment does not heat up through the fall.
    This is exactly why I look at the ESPN recruiting instead of the Rivals... the scouts for ESPN seem to actually scout a kid instead of just looking at their offer list and then give them stars.

    By the way ISU has 16 3* recruits from ESPN in this class and that is not counting our 2 JUCO recruits!



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 260,077, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,183
    Points
    260,077
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 869
    Given: 751

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    I've never seen a more accurate scouting report. Do you have a name attached to that report?



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 112,521, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    9,427
    Points
    112,521
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,133
    Given: 130

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    I really liked what I saw out of the kid, but I'm afraid if some on this board don't temper their expectations of a freshman quarterback, they'll be setting themselves up for a massive collapse.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 83,128, Level: 89
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,900
    Points
    83,128
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 237

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    I really liked what I saw out of the kid, but I'm afraid if some on this board don't temper their expectations of a freshman quarterback, they'll be setting themselves up for a massive collapse.
    So we can't start calling him "Sammy Football"?


    #BEATIOWA

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 224,777, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,656
    Points
    224,777
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,522
    Given: 94

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Usually espn scouting reports are so general or neutral that they can't be wrong haha. This one is actually pretty good.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 112,521, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    9,427
    Points
    112,521
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,133
    Given: 130

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    So we can't start calling him "Sammy Football"?
    I'd probably personally hold off on it, being that all he did was beat a very bad Kansas team.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 30,902, Level: 54
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,048
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    tzjung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    1,002
    Points
    30,902
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 127

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    I honestly think 'Sunshine' is a more appropriate nickname.



  11. #11
    Walk On
    Points: 8,605, Level: 27
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    140
    Points
    8,605
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by tzjung View Post
    I honestly think 'Sunshine' is a more appropriate nickname.

    thats what we were callin him all game



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 45,757, Level: 66
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,193
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Bu4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,031
    Points
    45,757
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 196

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    I'd probably personally hold off on it, being that all he did was beat a very bad Kansas team.
    IMO KU is a much better team than recent years. They did take Tech to OT last week



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 97,238, Level: 97
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,812
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,634
    Points
    97,238
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 701

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    If we're going to rip off "Johnny Football," let's go with Sammy Touchdown.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 23,152, Level: 46
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyinne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,217
    Points
    23,152
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 42

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by tzjung View Post
    I honestly think 'Sunshine' is a more appropriate nickname.
    This is what i was thinking while watching the highlight tape. lol.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,036, Level: 70
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,184
    Points
    52,036
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 15

    Re: ESPN's 2010 scouting report on Richardson

    Great analysis by ESPN. SR's hs highlight videos from his junior and senior years showed an incredible major college prospect and I can't believe we stole him out of SEC/ACC country. Amazing how open our receivers looked last night when you have a qb with the ability to look off defenders and go to open receivers instead of constantly throwing into double coverage as Barnett and SJ often do. Yes it was Kansas, but an improving Kansas that's played some good football lately, and was off to a good prety good start last night until we kept scoring on them. It was an incredible performance for a rs freshman and as the game went on he was making it look easy. I'll try to temper my enthusiasm but it feels so good to finally see an ISU qb that may be the real deal.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM