Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 41,666, Level: 63
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,284
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BloodyBuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,614
    Points
    41,666
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 31

    Globetrotters interested in Royce??


  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 98,355, Level: 97
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,244
    Points
    98,355
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 0

    Re: Globetrotters interested in Royce??

    I'm thinking the Globetrotters might just be the best fit for RW. He would be their best player, and could have a long career, and a lot of fun. He's great with people, and would be away from the premadonnas in the NBA.
    Here's a link

    Harlem Globetrotters offer Houston Rockets rookie Royce White support, job opportunity | abc13.com



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 27,241, Level: 50
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Amesboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,085
    Points
    27,241
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 339

    Re: Globetrotters interested in Royce??

    Royce needs to find a good psychiatrist and take some medications before his flights that knock him out. This is getting ridiculous. The Rockets went out of their way making Royce a high draft choice and a very rich man. They didn't sugar coat anything for him. I don't think he should be bad mouthing the Rockets. The expectations wouldn't have been any different for any other NBA franchise. The NBA travel is a grind and your expected to play at the highest level every night on the court. You could travel by private RV if you were in the NFL and had one game a week but not close to being do-able in the NBA where you often have two or three road games a week, stretching from Portland to New Jersey. I'm a big Royce White fan and I'd love to see him get it together and be successful in the NBA but he's in a difficult place right now and if he doesn't get his anxiety issues worked on soon his NBA career will be a bust and he might have to go play for the Globetrotters which would be really Sad to see. We need to send him a card with all our support. How do we do that.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 20,786, Level: 44
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 864
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Points
    20,786
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 0

    Re: Globetrotters interested in Royce??

    The problem with the Globetrotters is that they travel about 10 times more than the NBA. They play several games per week, all year long, all over the world. Just looked up their European tour from March-April. They are playing 24 games in a month, in 24 different cities in 5 different countries. Doesn't sound like a good fit for somebody with travel anxiety.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 566,827, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Close Enough, IA
    Posts
    21,745
    Points
    566,827
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 348

    Re: Globetrotters interested in Royce??

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCy View Post
    The problem with the Globetrotters is that they travel about 10 times more than the NBA. They play several games per week, all year long, all over the world. Just looked up their European tour from March-April. They are playing 24 games in a month, in 24 different cities in 5 different countries. Doesn't sound like a good fit for somebody with travel anxiety.
    They already said he would be excused from international tours and all US tours are traveled by luxury buses. (Not saying this will happen but the travel won't be a problem.)




  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 280,181, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,922
    Points
    280,181
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 183

    Re: Globetrotters interested in Royce??

    Ending up on the Globetrotters would be a fitting end to this whole saga.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,161, Level: 60
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 889
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    cyclones12321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Newton Ia
    Posts
    4,496
    Points
    38,161
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 521
    Given: 221

    Re: Globetrotters interested in Royce??

    Quote Originally Posted by Amesboy View Post
    Royce needs to find a good psychiatrist and take some medications before his flights that knock him out. This is getting ridiculous. The Rockets went out of their way making Royce a high draft choice and a very rich man. They didn't sugar coat anything for him. I don't think he should be bad mouthing the Rockets. The expectations wouldn't have been any different for any other NBA franchise. The NBA travel is a grind and your expected to play at the highest level every night on the court. You could travel by private RV if you were in the NFL and had one game a week but not close to being do-able in the NBA where you often have two or three road games a week, stretching from Portland to New Jersey. I'm a big Royce White fan and I'd love to see him get it together and be successful in the NBA but he's in a difficult place right now and if he doesn't get his anxiety issues worked on soon his NBA career will be a bust and he might have to go play for the Globetrotters which would be really Sad to see. We need to send him a card with all our support. How do we do that.
    Just like they did to mr t on A-Team



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 9,930, Level: 29
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    ISU1294's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    460
    Points
    9,930
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 51

    Re: Globetrotters interested in Royce??

    Quote Originally Posted by Amesboy View Post
    Royce needs to find a good psychiatrist and take some medications before his flights that knock him out. This is getting ridiculous. The Rockets went out of their way making Royce a high draft choice and a very rich man. They didn't sugar coat anything for him. I don't think he should be bad mouthing the Rockets. The expectations wouldn't have been any different for any other NBA franchise. The NBA travel is a grind and your expected to play at the highest level every night on the court. You could travel by private RV if you were in the NFL and had one game a week but not close to being do-able in the NBA where you often have two or three road games a week, stretching from Portland to New Jersey. I'm a big Royce White fan and I'd love to see him get it together and be successful in the NBA but he's in a difficult place right now and if he doesn't get his anxiety issues worked on soon his NBA career will be a bust and he might have to go play for the Globetrotters which would be really Sad to see. We need to send him a card with all our support. How do we do that.
    How many times has Royce said its not about traveling, he can deal with that. Its the fact that Houston wants him to use their doctor and Royce wants his own and the fact Houston ins't too concerned about his health. He's addressed this numerous times.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 199,722, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9,384
    Points
    199,722
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 10

    Re: Globetrotters interested in Royce??

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU1294 View Post
    How many times has Royce said its not about traveling, he can deal with that. Its the fact that Houston wants him to use their doctor and Royce wants his own and the fact Houston ins't too concerned about his health. He's addressed this numerous times.
    I seriously doubt that the Rockets are not concerned about his health. That may be Royce's perception....does not make it a fact. The fact is, by contract, the team has the right to select and approve the doctor, in particular when the athelte has missed practices or games due to a medical condition. Royce knew that going in when he signed the contract. To ***** about it now, and try to make it something it isn't is unprofesional, and extremely immature.

    The Rockets took a chance on Royce by making him their 2nd draft pick and paying him well. To come out and bad-mouth them now for something he knew going in is just ridiculous. Sorry, but the Rockets are not in the wrong here. They no doubt have their reasons why they do not want to use Royce's choice of doctors. It's not like they are doing it just to be mean to him or something.


    -Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM