Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Re: Royce White prepared to leave NBA

Royce has gone from ******, to good guy and back to ******.

His illness is sad, and nothing to joke about, but he uses it to his advantage. I love what he did for ISU basketball, but have next to no respect for him as a person.

He needs to get over himself and work for his employers, just like any of us would be expected too.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 43

I want to know how in the hell there was exactly zero issue here, at least as far as we know. I mean, this is some big time drama. I also agree that it seems like he's fighting a battle that never existed. It's like he just wanted to get into the public eye to make a big deal of this and instead of opposing the stigma he is actually making it more of a stigma. I honestly don't think this situation has to do with his anxiety. I think it has to do with him being on a crusade.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Legend
    Overall activity: 94.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 398

Last edited by IHavNoCyCash; 11-17-2012 at 01:17 AM.
    CyCash's Post of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    I bet he's a shoe in at Jimmy Johns though.

Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place, FA Cup Champions! COMMUNITY SHIELD WINNERS!
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

All-Star
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by TitanClone View Post
    Royce has gone from ******, to good guy and back to ******.

His illness is sad, and nothing to joke about, but he uses it to his advantage. I love what he did for ISU basketball, but have next to no respect for him as a person.

He needs to get over himself and work for his employers, just like any of us would be expected too.
    The way I've thought about him has done that..I've gone from sypathetic, to frustrated, to just sad. I can't say I have no respect for him, because I can't begin to judge how his mind works.

And every case of mental illness isn't the same. You can't just say "I have anxiety and I wouldn't be pulling this crap". The mind is a strange thing. I think there's a significant gap between the way Royce is seeing the World right now and reality. And no one apparently can convince him that it's not the way he's seeing it. It's a real shame.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    Royce-You aren't changing the business. Whether it be music or basketball, you aren't going to change anything here. I seriously don't get what his big issue. From everything I have heard or read, I cannot put much, if any, fault on the Rockets. I don't really know what he wants out of them.

Or so I have read.

All-Star
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    I want to know how in the hell there was exactly zero issue here, at least as far as we know. I mean, this is some big time drama. I also agree that it seems like he's fighting a battle that never existed. It's like he just wanted to get into the public eye to make a big deal of this and instead of opposing the stigma he is actually making it more of a stigma. I honestly don't think this situation has to do with his anxiety. I think it has to do with him being on a crusade.
    But do you think he is knowingly creating it to get into the public eye? I agree he's in a battle that doesn't exist. I also think he really believes its there.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by isuchicago View Post
    But do you think he is knowingly creating it to get into the public eye? I agree he's in a battle that doesn't exist. I also think he really believes its there.
    I don't know. I have trouble buying it's as severe as it is when he is so comfortable in front of a camera talking about it.

Or so I have read.

Starter
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    Exactly. He loves the attention. At this point it seems like he doesn't have an anxiety disorder. From what I have read (still ignorant on the subject) most people with his disorder would shy away from the attention. He clearly embraces it.

He needs to realize that he's hurting not only himself, but everyone with anxiety disorders.

Addict
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 231
    Given: 126

Every human being suffers from anxiety. It's called reacting to change, and a disorder means people like RW can't control what the reaction. Now you may be thinking I'm on his side, and well, no I'm not.

Just because you have a mental disorder you get special treatment? Fine, go play in the Paralympics. Oh so you're playing basketball with your mental illness? NBA you say? You can't though you're handicapped. Wait, so it won't affect how you play/act? Obviously that's not the case.

Royce is preaching transparency, but since none of us know what's going on, I'm not getting the transparency. In all honesty you have been talking in riddles to try and confuse people.

End of rant.

Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Addict
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,443
    Given: 385

IMHO, a player with a mental illness dealing with an NBA front office is just about the best situation I can think of to prove that message board people will draw rabid, pi$$ed off conclusions despite having no effing idea what's really going on.

I'm disheartened by this situation, partly because a lot of fans were "all in" with Royce, partly because Royce (a former Cyclone and current human being) seems to be having a rough time, and partly because I'm sure there's a lot of frustrated Rockets fans out there.

But to pass judgment on either side is only harmful, I think. Maybe Royce is whining like a baby, or maybe the Rockets decided it wasn't going to work and realized if they could push the guy with a mental issue hard enough, they'd save the buyout.

TO BE CLEAR, I'm not saying that's what happened, and don't think any of us here know either (the media stuff is spun and polished in so many ways). I'm not ready to defend Royce, but I'm not ready to crucify him either.

I will admit that on the surface it appears that his twitterants don't appear to be helping, but then again, maybe it's to have a forum when the Rockets have media folks on speed dial to work this for them, or maybe his instability is an actual symptom of his issues.

Addict
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 559
    Given: 7

1 interview, multiple stories and 197 Twitter messages later, and I still have no idea what he is trying to say. He may have a great point in all this, but I have no idea. If he truly believes he has been wronged, he needs to say so in some kind of concrete terms. Non-sensical tweets about "awareness" and "progress" tells people nothing and gives people the perception he has lost his mind.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,602
    Given: 1,373

Why did I watch that?
    I doubt that blaming "the system" was the best way to go about this, whatever 'this' is.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Pro
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 846
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 487

why are you so anxious about forming, and other people having, an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    IMHO, a player with a mental illness dealing with an NBA front office is just about the best situation I can think of to prove that message board people will draw rabid, pi$$ed off conclusions despite having no effing idea what's really going on.

I'm disheartened by this situation, partly because a lot of fans were "all in" with Royce, partly because Royce (a former Cyclone and current human being) seems to be having a rough time, and partly because I'm sure there's a lot of frustrated Rockets fans out there.

But to pass judgment on either side is only harmful, I think. Maybe Royce is whining like a baby, or maybe the Rockets decided it wasn't going to work and realized if they could push the guy with a mental issue hard enough, they'd save the buyout.

TO BE CLEAR, I'm not saying that's what happened, and don't think any of us here know either (the media stuff is spun and polished in so many ways). I'm not ready to defend Royce, but I'm not ready to crucify him either.

I will admit that on the surface it appears that his twitterants don't appear to be helping, but then again, maybe it's to have a forum when the Rockets have media folks on speed dial to work this for them, or maybe his instability is an actual symptom of his issues.

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.

Pro
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96

Love Royce's time here, was one of my favorites of all time here but c'mon, it's such a waste of talent. Drives me nuts when you see somebody that has the potential to do something but doesn't care enough to follow through. I understand its an illness but suck it up! Hes getting the chance to do what almost any guy would love and dream to do and he's just throwing it down the drain

Pro
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 11

He keep talking about honesty and transparency. Where was that predraft when he was telling everyone this would be a non issue.

At the point in his mind he is fighting a battle for all people with anxiety and making the world a better place for them. 6 months ago I would have agreed. He was doing amazing things for people with anxiety. Now he's basically cancelled that good work and moved everything backwards from where he started. I think his mind is so wrapped up in fighting the fight he doesn't realize it.

It's basically become this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	don-quixote.gif 
Views:	37 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	16427