Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 141

Thread: Starting QB

  1. #106
    Addict
    Points: 288,143, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    6,533
    Points
    288,143
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 32

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by Bader View Post
    So if a record doesn't say what a team is, what does define a good/bad team?

    It's all Sabermetrics these days, duh.



  2. #107
    All-Star
    Points: 26,805, Level: 50
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CloneLawman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,057
    Points
    26,805
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by JDDCy View Post
    Maybe there is something I do not see or understand but here are the facts for our 2 QB's over the last 2 seasons in the Big XII

    Barnett 4-4
    Jantz 1-7

    I don't care how bad someone's throws look as long as they get the job done. In one of Barnett's losses he engineered 3 TD drives against the team that might end up winning the National Title. Something Geno Smith and Landry Jones could not accomplish. Jared got pulled in the fourth quarter of the Okie State game in which he struggled but still managed to put 2 scoring drives together. Jantz stunk it up against a bad Texas D and never was pulled even after the game was over early in the third quarter. Jantz's only win unless I am forgetting one was against one of the worst defenses(Baylor) that I have ever seen in Jack Trice stadium. That includes some of our own back during the Walden years.
    Yawn.



  3. #108
    Rookie
    Points: 14,411, Level: 36
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    406
    Points
    14,411
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneLawman View Post
    Yawn.
    Thanks for your intelligent reply. I could care less who
    starts at QB. Those of us who think Barnett should just like to see the Cyclones have a chance at winning. In Barnett's 4 losses we were in 2 of them against rated K-state teams twice and hung around against Oklahoma and stunk it up against Okie State.

    In Jantz's 7 losses:
    Misssouri = blowout
    Baylor = blowout
    Texas = blowout X2
    Texas A&M = blowout(probably the worst opening 2 drives I have ever seen by an ISU QB)
    Texas Tech = not a blowout because our defense played tough and scored 1/2 of our TD's
    Oklahama = hung around like the previous year


    I guess being results oriented is a bad thing. Maybe I am coming around on the idea of giving Richardson a chance but to think Jantz is getting it done is just plain stupid.



  4. #109
    All-Star
    Points: 26,805, Level: 50
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CloneLawman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,057
    Points
    26,805
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by JDDCy View Post
    Thanks for your intelligent reply. I could care less who
    starts at QB. Those of us who think Barnett should just like to see the Cyclones have a chance at winning. In Barnett's 4 losses we were in 2 of them against rated K-state teams twice and hung around against Oklahoma and stunk it up against Okie State.

    In Jantz's 7 losses:
    Misssouri = blowout
    Baylor = blowout
    Texas = blowout X2
    Texas A&M = blowout(probably the worst opening 2 drives I have ever seen by an ISU QB)
    Texas Tech = not a blowout because our defense played tough and scored 1/2 of our TD's
    Oklahama = hung around like the previous year


    I guess being results oriented is a bad thing. Maybe I am coming around on the idea of giving Richardson a chance but to think Jantz is getting it done is just plain stupid.
    It is very obvious you COULD care less. I therefore agree with your sloppy grammar, but not with your intent. I never opined that Jantz is "getting it done". In my opinion, not that anyone cares, neither Jantz NOR the object of your man crush,Mr. Barnett, have been "getting it done" THIS season. That should be obvious to any garden variety rube.

    I yawned because your discussion is pointless. Jantz WILL start, no matter what statistics you marshal here on Cyclonefanatic. You can blather on from now until doomsday, but that fact will not change.



  5. #110
    Legend
    Points: 130,259, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,130
    Points
    130,259
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 158

    Re: Starting QB

    Two things;

    Nobody is happy that Jantz is our QB. A lot if us just feel he is the least bad option.

    Quoting win/loss as if that was all that matters means you don't understand football. The QB is a very important player but it isn't like baseball where the pitcher can be assigned a win or a loss.



  6. #111
    Speechless
    Points: 846,213, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    53,747
    Points
    846,213
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 529

    Re: Starting QB

    OK, I'll break the secret. I'm starting.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  7. #112
    Speechless
    Points: 265,856, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,357
    Points
    265,856
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 9

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    Two things;

    Nobody is happy that Jantz is our QB. A lot if us just feel he is the least bad option.

    Quoting win/loss as if that was all that matters means you don't understand football. The QB is a very important player but it isn't like baseball where the pitcher can be assigned a win or a loss.
    You cannot convince me that W's and L's are not all that matter. Fact is, that is all that matters.



  8. #113
    Speechless
    Points: 556,115, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,214
    Points
    556,115
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 42

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    You cannot convince me that W's and L's are not all that matter. Fact is, that is all that matters.
    You cannot convince me that replacing Jantz with Barnett in this season's loses would change the W/L column. Fact is, it wouldn't matter.




  9. #114
    All-Star
    Points: 26,805, Level: 50
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CloneLawman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,057
    Points
    26,805
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    OK, I'll break the secret. I'm starting.
    Now there's a quarterback I support!!



  10. #115
    All-Star
    Points: 20,033, Level: 43
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 717
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Newton Ia
    Posts
    1,730
    Points
    20,033
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 0

    Re: Starting QB

    Seneca Wallace!!!



  11. #116
    Rookie
    Points: 8,649, Level: 27
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    431
    Points
    8,649
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    OK, I'll break the secret. I'm starting.
    I knew it.....



  12. #117
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,053, Level: 82
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,519
    Points
    71,053
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 0

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    You cannot convince me that W's and L's are not all that matter. Fact is, that is all that matters.
    Agreed. That's why Tim Tebow is tearing it up with the Broncos this year after single-handidly leading them to a playoff win last year.



  13. #118
    Pro
    Points: 28,552, Level: 51
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,456
    Points
    28,552
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    Agreed. That's why Tim Tebow is tearing it up with the Broncos this year after single-handidly leading them to a playoff win last year.
    This is not the NFL. There is a finite amount of time that a player can play in the NCAA. In the NFL they actually build toward the future and the dynasty.



  14. #119
    Speechless
    Points: 265,856, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,357
    Points
    265,856
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 9

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    You cannot convince me that replacing Jantz with Barnett in this season's loses would change the W/L column. Fact is, it wouldn't matter.
    I think we beat Tech at home with JB. I really do. He owned them last year.



  15. #120
    All-Star
    Points: 27,002, Level: 50
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 548
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,926
    Points
    27,002
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    Re: Starting QB

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    I think we beat Tech at home with JB. I really do. He owned them last
    year.
    At least wd know he could not have done as bad as Jantz, easily his worst game.....



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM