Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 822,607, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,903
    Points
    822,607
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,384
    Given: 345

    Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    Remember these guys right? We all know about the success that LaRon Dendy had last season at Middle Tennessee State. Here are a few more former Cyclones...

    --- Dominique Buckley, Toledo --- Scored 19 points in an overtime loss last night to Northern Iowa.

    Toledo Drops Overtime Thriller at Northern Iowa, 84-81 - University of Toledo Rockets Athletics Official Site - UTRockets.com

    --- Eric McKnight, Florida Gulf Coast --- Had 14 and 8 in an upset season-opening win over Miami. McKnight and his new team will travel to Hilton on Dec. 4.

    FGCUAthletics.com - FGCU Powers Past Miami, 63-51, in Front of Record Crowd in Home Opener

    --- Wes Eikmeyer, Colorado State --- Scored 10 in his season-opener for Colorado State, now playing for former Iowa State coach Larry Eustachy.

    CSU downs Montana in Eustachy's debut - Colorado State University Official Athletic Site

    --- Clinton Mann, Davidson --- Scored 12 in a season-opening loss to New Mexico.

    Davidson vs New Mexico (11/12/12 at The Pit/Bob King Court)



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 68,068, Level: 81
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,682
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Rural's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,399
    Points
    68,068
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 267

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    What about the late spring signee that Gmac was battling Nothern Arizona for?

    If GMac didn't bail when he did, the guy would have been a Clone.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 79,212, Level: 87
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,236
    Points
    79,212
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    What about the late spring signee that Gmac was battling Nothern Arizona for?

    If GMac didn't bail when he did, the guy would have been a Clone.
    Think he went to Colorado? Ben something. Real tall and real thin. Or bo barnes went to hawaii i think?



  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 8,537, Level: 27
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    174
    Points
    8,537
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    You forgot one Chris! Antwon Oliver, who I believe redshirted under GMac for one year will be playing in Hilton this Sunday night for the Fighting Camels of Campbell. Antwon went to a junior college last year and is playing for Campbell this year. I'm not sure what his stats are this year.


    Drews79

  5. #5
    Publisher
    Points: 822,607, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,903
    Points
    822,607
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,384
    Given: 345

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    Quote Originally Posted by Drews79 View Post
    You forgot one Chris! Antwon Oliver, who I believe redshirted under GMac for one year will be playing in Hilton this Sunday night for the Fighting Camels of Campbell. Antwon went to a junior college last year and is playing for Campbell this year. I'm not sure what his stats are this year.
    Missed that one! Thanks!



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 61,956, Level: 77
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,294
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,475
    Points
    61,956
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 0

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    GMAC all transfer to team! At least those that are still playing. Otherwise, Wesley Johnson would need a mention here.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 19,590, Level: 42
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    bufante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    DMI
    Posts
    982
    Points
    19,590
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 11

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    What's really telling about all of this is that not one of the people mentioned above is on a team in a major conference. Says something about the level of talent GMAC was looking at.

    On the other hand, I'm glad they all seem to be doing well and contributing.


    Untapped: Bufante
    Twitter: bufantes

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 92,639, Level: 94
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,734
    Points
    92,639
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 32

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    Quote Originally Posted by bufante View Post
    What's really telling about all of this is that not one of the people mentioned above is on a team in a major conference. Says something about the level of talent GMAC was looking at.

    On the other hand, I'm glad they all seem to be doing well and contributing.
    I was about to point this out, have to take their stats with a grain of salt considering the competition they play against. There was a reason they were not getting starter minutes in the Big 12.


    Go Cubs Go!

  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 317,990, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    14,930
    Points
    317,990
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 68

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    I was about to point this out, have to take their stats with a grain of salt considering the competition they play against. There was a reason they were not getting starter minutes in the Big 12.
    Whats more telling is to why they were recruited to play at the Big 12 level.



  10. #10
    Walk On
    Points: 6,148, Level: 23
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    138
    Points
    6,148
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 29

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    Quote Originally Posted by bufante View Post
    What's really telling about all of this is that not one of the people mentioned above is on a team in a major conference. Says something about the level of talent GMAC was looking at.

    On the other hand, I'm glad they all seem to be doing well and contributing.
    To be fair-- Buckley, Mcknight, and Oliver were TJ recruits and I'm not sure on Mann and Eikmeyer. GMAC had plenty of talent (TJ's recruiting) during his ISU run, just wasn't able to get production out of them.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 103,767, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JP4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sommerset
    Posts
    6,780
    Points
    103,767
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 694
    Given: 279

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    Did L.A. Pomlee "retire" after his time at ISU?



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,653, Level: 63
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,297
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,094
    Points
    41,653
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 43

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    Quote Originally Posted by JP4CY View Post
    Did L.A. Pomlee "retire" after his time at ISU?
    https://twitter.com/FLEE_POM35

    Still alive has a twitter acct, but can see anything.


    Hooray for Metaphors!

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 157,092, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,923
    Points
    157,092
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 6

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Remember these guys right? We all know about the success that LaRon Dendy had last season at Middle Tennessee State. Here are a few more former Cyclones...

    --- Dominique Buckley, Toledo --- Scored 19 points in an overtime loss last night to Northern Iowa.

    Toledo Drops Overtime Thriller at Northern Iowa, 84-81 - University of Toledo Rockets Athletics Official Site - UTRockets.com

    --- Eric McKnight, Florida Gulf Coast --- Had 14 and 8 in an upset season-opening win over Miami. McKnight and his new team will travel to Hilton on Dec. 4.

    FGCUAthletics.com - FGCU Powers Past Miami, 63-51, in Front of Record Crowd in Home Opener

    --- Wes Eikmeyer, Colorado State --- Scored 10 in his season-opener for Colorado State, now playing for former Iowa State coach Larry Eustachy.

    CSU downs Montana in Eustachy's debut - Colorado State University Official Athletic Site

    --- Clinton Mann, Davidson --- Scored 12 in a season-opening loss to New Mexico.

    Davidson vs New Mexico (11/12/12 at The Pit/Bob King Court)

    Thank you Chris for the reminder of how great we have it now....and how happy we should be that former terrible coach crawled out of town on his own....


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 21,016, Level: 44
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 634
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    greatshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    1,821
    Points
    21,016
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 21

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    What happened to Godfrey after not being able to enroll LSU? What a waste of such a talent.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 565,676, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,631
    Points
    565,676
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 511
    Given: 248

    Re: Where are they now? - Buckley, McKnight, Eikmeyer and Mann

    Quote Originally Posted by greatshu View Post
    What happened to Godfrey after not being able to enroll LSU? What a waste of such a talent.
    He's not at the previous JUCO so I'd guess nothing good unfortunately.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • Iowa State vs. TCU
  • January 31, 2015
  • 01:00 PM