Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 165
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 15,696, Level: 38
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 754
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    ISUfan1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Boone IA
    Posts
    175
    Points
    15,696
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 17

    Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    Royce White not with Houston Rockets, but still has team's support - ESPN

    people are in an uproar about this... its kinda sad the people think he should put basketball first over his health. a healthy basketball player means a good basketball player obviously
    i know hes probably way busy but i think Hoiberg should give him a call but that just me


    Last edited by ISUfan1992; 11-14-2012 at 02:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    Bring em back!


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 279,229, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,249
    Points
    279,229
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 1,109

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUfan1992 View Post
    Royce White not with Houston Rockets, but still has team's support - ESPN

    people are in an uproar about this... its kinda sad the people think he should put basketball first over his health. a healthy basketball player means a good basketball player obviously
    i know hes probably way busy but i think Hoiberg should give him a call but that just me
    pretty good reason why....he just called Bullard (Rockets insider) and the Houston Rockets biggest message board liars...he's also retweeted pretty much every comment that frustrates him, and he also has been using words in his tweets that suggest he's threatening legal action. He's picking fights with whoever interacts on him.

    The fact that the Rockets have set up health sessions and he's not showing up is a big red flag. If the problem is that he can't see his own doctor, why not hint at that..it shouldn't be a big problem.

    He's using his disability to help his position...very low.

    As of now, I don't see how people are siding with him..he's coming off as an immature brat. Nobody knows the whole side of the story but based on his comments and comments from coaches, players, insiders, he's in the wrong.


    Last edited by Cy$; 11-14-2012 at 02:44 AM.
    **2014 CRZZZFFL REGULAR SEASON CHAMPION***

  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 15,696, Level: 38
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 754
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    ISUfan1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Boone IA
    Posts
    175
    Points
    15,696
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 17

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    pretty good reason why....he just called Bullard (Rockets insider) and the Houston Rockets biggest message board liars...he's also retweeted pretty much every comment that frustrates him, and he also has been using words in his tweets that suggest he's threatening legal action.

    As of now, I don't see how people are siding with him..he's coming off as an immature brat.
    and its that reason why i think he should have stayed with us for one more year it may have helped him prepare alittle for all this alittle more.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 279,229, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,249
    Points
    279,229
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 1,109

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    VIDEO: Matt Bullard talks with CSN Houston about Royce White's tweets - The Dream Shake

    Royce White

    @Highway_30 @bull50 Matt, How dare you say my comments are a representation of my #MentalIlness... if you don't know don't say. buzztap.com/-Qy82lF


    **2014 CRZZZFFL REGULAR SEASON CHAMPION***

  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 164,341, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    12,309
    Points
    164,341
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 707
    Given: 1,082

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    pretty good reason why....he just called Bullard (Rockets insider) and the Houston Rockets biggest message board liars
    Well, Bullard is a hawkeye.

    Joking aside, Royce could decide to never play a minute in the NBA and tell Bullard or the Rockets TGFY, and I would be in his camp.

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUfan1992 View Post
    and its that reason why i think he should have stayed with us for one more year it may have helped him prepare alittle for all this alittle more.
    Clearly that would have benefited ISU, but it is doubtful it would have been the best decision for Royce.


    Last edited by swarthmoreCY; 11-14-2012 at 04:12 AM.

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 37,728, Level: 59
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,316
    Points
    37,728
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 24

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    VIDEO: Matt Bullard talks with CSN Houston about Royce White's tweets - The Dream Shake

    Royce White

    @Highway_30 @bull50 Matt, How dare you say my comments are a representation of my #MentalIlness... if you don't know don't say. buzztap.com/-Qy82lF
    This is hard to watch. So to recap Bullard...No communication with coaches..players text him to see whats goin on and get no response..rockets set up "daily mental health appointments" to help him, and he hasn't showed up for a single one of them.. then the twitter fiasco. This is getting uglier and uglier. Someone close to him please take his phone and computer for a few days. I'm worried about the guy. I think the extra attention he's getting is just making him worse and worse. A week long camping trip with no technology would not be a bad idea.

    On a positive not, at the same time he allegedly no shows for practices, his music label is close to launching...



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 26,447, Level: 49
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    fatkid1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,197
    Points
    26,447
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 18

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    Well, deadspin got ahold of Royce now, opinions are sure to change drastically for the casual fan. I've been worried for a couple weeks reading random tweets that I see that he's become a little to vocal for a rookie to get away with.

    Rockets Demote Royce White, Who Blasts Team For "Inconsistent" Actions Regarding His Anxiety Disorder

    I hate to say it, but he needs to quit living his life in public, put his head down and play ball if thats the direction he wants to go. If not quit playing and concentrate on the charity work and music producing. He obviously can't handle both.


    That rug really tied the room together, did it not dude?

    Follow me unplugged on twitter @fatkid1974

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 34,489, Level: 57
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 961
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    BKLYNCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,890
    Points
    34,489
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 57

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    Royce is looking bad IMO. I agree that if he wants to play basketball, he needs to put his head down and play. He's not gaining any friends or fans by going public like this. I think most of us think that it is too bad he didn't stay another year, especially seeing the current situation unfold. However, I think we might have been lucky. I'm not sure he wouldn't have had the same issues in Ames this year. Love the guy for his incredible season and personality last year, but finding myself wishing he'd take care of his business this year. His anxiety is starting to look like an excuse, and that's too bad.


    "If baseball players speaking in front of Congress can be put on trial for perjury, then why shouldn't the politicians we vote for be held accountable to the same standard during their campaigns?" -Paraphrased from The Newsroom

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 102,111, Level: 99
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 939
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JP4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sommerset
    Posts
    6,643
    Points
    102,111
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 577
    Given: 232

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    Isn't Royce in a Union now? If the Rockets weren't meeting their requirements, you'd think the Union could file a a grievance.

    I also wonder what his teammates think about all of this. If I were one of them I might be frustrated.

    I was afraid the anxiety would affect him but not this much and this soon. Wonder how he'd be doing with a team closer to home.

    The ISU community supports you Royce, we want you to succeed. Just make sure you are politically correct in all of your social media posts. You don't want to burn bridges way too soon.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 212,483, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    9,836
    Points
    212,483
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,909
    Given: 1,790

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    It is a sad situation, but if you have ever had server anxiety you'd understand a bit more. It isn't that he has a fear of flying, or in similar situations. He feels like he is going to die on that plane. It's not a nut up and shut up situation. I am starting to wonder if Royce should just move on form basketball and do the other things in his life he wants to do.


    When Kids see the Hilton Atmosphere and our style of play, the get really interested in Iowa State
    - Fred Hoiberg

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 83,386, Level: 89
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,187
    Points
    83,386
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 469
    Given: 154

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    I have defended Royce so far, but this new "statement" he has made is putting me on the other side. Sounds like he wasn't ready for the NBA (and wouldn't have been ready next year either).He is going to get even less "support" in terms from road transportation etc in the D league. If he is going to make accusations against the Rockets, he should be more clear- what is he expecting from them, and what part of those expectations are they not meeting?

    I am all for an employer doing everything possible to accommodate a disabled/ill worker. But sooner or later the worker has to work. The Rockets organization is not a charity. They're fully justified in expecting something in return for writing big paychecks, providing counselling sessions, air travel waivers etc to Royce. That something need not be in terms of points, assists and steals. But he should at least be showing up and providing full effort.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,602, Level: 78
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,960
    Points
    64,602
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 142

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by isuchicago View Post
    This is hard to watch. So to recap Bullard...No communication with coaches..players text him to see whats goin on and get no response..rockets set up "daily mental health appointments" to help him, and he hasn't showed up for a single one of them.. then the twitter fiasco. This is getting uglier and uglier. Someone close to him please take his phone and computer for a few days. I'm worried about the guy. I think the extra attention he's getting is just making him worse and worse. A week long camping trip with no technology would not be a bad idea.

    On a positive not, at the same time he allegedly no shows for practices, his music label is close to launching...
    So his mental illness is bad enough to screw up his NBA basketball career but he still can function enough to get his music label launched. If that is true, my opinion of RW just hit the skids. He's wasting a lot of peoples time that are legitimately trying to help him.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 145,916, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    11,148
    Points
    145,916
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 696
    Given: 767

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by gogagig View Post
    I have defended Royce so far, but this new "statement" he has made is putting me on the other side. Sounds like he wasn't ready for the NBA (and wouldn't have been ready next year either).He is going to get even less "support" in terms from road transportation etc in the D league. If he is going to make accusations against the Rockets, he should be more clear- what is he expecting from them, and what part of those expectations are they not meeting?

    I am all for an employer doing everything possible to accommodate a disabled/ill worker. But sooner or later the worker has to work. The Rockets organization is not a charity. They're fully justified in expecting something in return for writing big paychecks, providing counselling sessions, air travel waivers etc to Royce. That something need not be in terms of points, assists and steals. But he should at least be showing up and providing full effort.
    Yeah, it really sounds like Royce isn't holding up his end of the deal. And is making a fool of himself publicly. He needs to quit social media for a while and play basketball. He should take care of his life and take care of his job before he starts worrying about other things. I'd feel sorry for him except it doesn't even seem like he is making an effort. First he shows up out of shape and now it is becoming clear the Rockets have been very accommodating and he is using his anxiety as an excuse for laziness and lack of interest.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 34,191, Level: 56
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Fairfield
    Posts
    1,086
    Points
    34,191
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Royce White Trending on Twitter tonight

    do we now see why all the national media thought his anxiety would be an issue prior to the draft?

    im with the rockets on this one, they seem to be letting him take the bus to some games and hes still whining about it

    we know you have an issue royce but quit using it as an excuse for not getting everything your way with them

    the odds the rockets trade him before he ever plays a minute for them has to be increasing


    I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M FEELING 22!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM