Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

Re: I can only laugh..would be funny if he wasnt serious

I dunno, I would be down to laugh at ND but fact is Oregon and Kansas St should have played each other this year. They cancelled the game. Hard to tell who is more to blame for it seems like Orgeon is the one who punked out but I could be wrong. If both get in the NC over ND it is kind of B.S.

Now...KSU's worst game was against us and we all know any QB not named Jared Barnett punches in a touchdown when he gets 2 shots to drive for a win with under 5 minutes to go. I don't know if that is a worse showing than the Irish winning seemingly rigged games against Stanford and BYU.

We'll see where ND end up if they beat USC the weekend after THanksgiving. I have to expect they jump KSU in the polls. I also think the Texas team who just smoked us can beat K State in Manhattan the following Saturday. Klein is awesome but he doesn't look close to 100%.

Addict
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,698
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 994
    Given: 703

So because ND has more prestiege they should be up number 1? Exactly why voters are dumb. Fact is if kstate and oregon did play one of them wouldnt be in this discussion so its a moot point. Kstate being in this position only helps schools like isu.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 344

I can't believe Oky choked, but Bobby always does in big games. USC will beat them.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 743
    Given: 92

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseCyclone View Post
    I dunno, I would be down to laugh at ND but fact is Oregon and Kansas St should have played each other this year. They cancelled the game. Hard to tell who is more to blame for it seems like Orgeon is the one who punked out but I could be wrong. If both get in the NC over ND it is kind of B.S.

Now...KSU's worst game was against us and we all know any QB not named Jared Barnett punches in a touchdown when he gets 2 shots to drive for a win with under 5 minutes to go. I don't know if that is a worse showing than the Irish winning seemingly rigged games against Stanford and BYU.

We'll see where ND end up if they beat USC the weekend after THanksgiving. I have to expect they jump KSU in the polls. I also think the Texas team who just smoked us can beat K State in Manhattan the following Saturday. Klein is awesome but he doesn't look close to 100%.
    Any evidence of this?

It's all snark from here on out

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 162

No chance ND passes KSU in the human polls for beating a 3-loss USC team. Even if they did, KSU beating Texas would probably be enough to bump them back to #2. I think KSU could be #3 in the human polls and still be ahead of ND in the BCS standings though.

Pro
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,268
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 23

There arent going to be 3 undefeated teams by the end of the regular season.
    Lets not get upset about someone getting left out until it actually happens.

All-Star
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 738
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by johnwayne View Post

their main argument is that ND is #3 simply because they started the season ranked behind k-state and oregon, thus they will remain there until one of those team loses.

although this argument could have worked in a number of other years, it doesn't apply here. ND has looked worse than the other two teams by far and have won some very ugly games against inferior competition. k-state and oregon on the other hand haven't really been tested. yes we tested k-state on the scoreboard but honestly i never felt during that game that k-state was ever worried. they seemed in control the entire game. regardless, that is only one game, it was on the road and depending on how we finish, may look like quality win. k-state has destroyed everyone else but TCU (road game) and at oklahoma (road game).

ND on the other hand has struggled with the likes of:

purdue 20-17 (4-6) AT HOME
    michigan 13-6 (7-3) AT HOME
    byu 17-14 (6-4) AT HOME
    pitt 29-26 (4-6) AT HOME

if this guy thinks the coaches and media wouldn't have ND leapfrog k-state had ND whooped the **** out of teams like k-state and oregon he is an idiot. the media would LOVE to see ND in the title game. they just haven't looked good at all in their undefeated season. fact is, k-state and oregon LOOK and PLAY like teams that deserve a shot at a title. ND has looked like crap, but just sneak by. luck is important in sports, but so far k-state and oregon haven't needed it. they have just been that much better than everyone they have played. not so sure about ND.

won't matter after usc pastes them anyway. ****

Rookie
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 26

This is exactly why I loathe Notre Dame. Well, this and Lou Holtz. And his lisp.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 745
    Given: 343

That's quite a statement. I have trouble saying that it was their worst game. They've been pretty consistent. The fact that we kept it close makes it look like they played bad but frankly I thought each team played pretty well until the very end. And as far as Barnett, it's an elite defense. Most QB's would have gotten at least some movement down field but to imply that any other starting QB would have scored 7 is ridiculous.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

ND/KSU would be a good game. ND/Oregon would be a bloodbath. Oregon would kill them. I don't believe Oregon would kill KSU but I don't think KSU would win. I would like to see a full skill position group mature at Oregon for once. It seems like they never have a senior QB. I watch Barner and Thomas and be like dang. Then Mariota does something and I be like daym.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Luth4Cy View Post
    That's quite a statement. I have trouble saying that it was their worst game. They've been pretty consistent. The fact that we kept it close makes it look like they played bad but frankly I thought each team played pretty well until the very end. And as far as Barnett, it's an elite defense. Most QB's would have gotten at least some movement down field but to imply that any other starting QB would have scored 7 is ridiculous.
    It looks the worst. Having said that, it was a game we should have won and we are also the worst matchup in the conference for them IMO. They aren't built to exploit our specific defensive weaknesses like OSU or TT are. They are built to do what they do. Bill Snyder is a damn wizard. That said, I think Texas gets them somehow. That team is playing some pretty decent football.

Rookie
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaCy View Post
    No chance ND passes KSU in the human polls for beating a 3-loss USC team. Even if they did, KSU beating Texas would probably be enough to bump them back to #2. I think KSU could be #3 in the human polls and still be ahead of ND in the BCS standings though.
    That is what I think too.

Even if KSU ends up at 3 in the polls the win over Texas pushes them back to top 2 in the computers.

However...if ND jumps them in the polls they may jump Oregon too (not likely of course.)

The USC game is on the road which will make it a legit win 3 losses or not (beating two preseason top 5 teams on the road is impressive and top 10 Sparty is legit.)

As to the previous quoted post the KSU game was on the platter it was right there for the taking and the receivers were wide open Barnett just crapped the bed. I seriously have never seen a QB play so poorly when his D gives him not one but 2 shots to drive and beat an unranked top 5 team. Oh well.

But I seriously dislike ND however I hope I am not alone in acknowledging they have a serious gripe if the 3 teams go undefeated and its a year when Oregon and KSU were supposed to meet each other but the game ended up being cancelled.

And the fact is both teams ******* out, Snyder didn't schedule Oregon (wimp) Ron Prince did and the old coffin dodger thought a crappy Miami team was enough for his NC schedule so for Snyder playing a poor Miami team and the Ducks in one month was too much for him (for 2011 both would have been road games and 2012 both home.) And Oregon didn't want to play KSU in the same month as LSU even though that game would have been in Eugene since it was 2011 not 2012 that caused the series to be cancelled.

It was a punk move on both schools part and I have no problems if voters elevate ND over the two teams because of it. If you beat 3 preseason top 10 teams on the road you can go to the NC game over 2 schools who were too scared to play each other. Just my opinion of course. If all 3 are still undefeated in 2 weeks I expect a lot of that talk to arise... which will be the only way ND jumps them in the polls.

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 438
    Given: 741

Notre Dame finally had a year where most of their schedule was down compared to normal. Unfortunately, the Big 10 was overrated but still ranked when they played ND. Oklahoma really ****** their opportunity down their leg but I think the three undefeated's have a pretty similar schedule strength, it's just the fact that K St. and Oregon looked a lot better against their schedule. I realize ND plays only BCS teams but the teams that they played have not been overly impressive. The Big 12 had 9 of 10 teams ranked this year and KSU plays them all as well as the BCS game against Miami. I don't blame Oregon and KSU for cancelling their game, a lot of teams don't even play another BCS team in their non-conference and KSU has a 9 game conference schedule plus the Miami game. Smart call by both of them if it gets them in the national title game.

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Where's the jimlad? The article should have had a jimlad at the end, right?