Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Re: ***Official Prediction Thread: Iowa State @ Kansas***

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    This game reminds me of the 2005 Baylor game on certain levels. Baylor came to Ames riding an 37 game conference road game losing streak (ISU goes to Kansas to face a Jayhawk team riding a 20 game conference losing streak), Baylor had literally no talent on either side of the ball (Kansas has literally no talent on either side of the ball), Baylor statistically was one of the worst teams in the Big XII on offense & defense (Kansas is statistically one of the worst teams in the Big XII on offense & defense), Iowa State had one of the best defenses in recent memory in 2005 (ISU has a defense equally as good if not better then the 2005 defense this season), etc.... and Iowa State layed down and let Baylor roll them in one of the most embarrassing losses in ISU history due to inefficiency and turnovers on offense. This years ISU offense.... Inefficient and turnover prone. Uh oh....

Kansas 17
    Iowa State 3
    One glaring difference, that was the 5th game of the season, it was under McCarney, and this game has huge bowl implications on it....

This team will be focused, and hungry after the last two beat downs....they will looking to do the same....

If they come out flat it would be a huge let down from this fans perspective....

Don't see it happening!!!!

Plus not sure if you have seen weather forecast, but a great fall day for football, 50-55 degree high with little to no wind 5-10 mph....weather conditions should not be a factor....

ISU will out-execute this team and have a bowl clinching win.....regardless of score - w is a w!

Pro
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 237
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

When Rhoads allowed Jantz to continue to go back on the field last Saturday and continue the masterpiece of a game he was playing I lost a considerable amount of confidence in what this team is capable of doing the remainder of this season. The guy went 5 of 11 for 31 yards and an interception in the 2nd half. He went an amazing 1 of 4 for -1 yards in the 3rd quarter and the defense managed to hold Texas to only a FG. Iowa State was down 23-7 in the 3rd quarter... the game was not over had ISU been able to do anything on offense but leaving Jantz in the game was symbolic.... the raising of the white flag in surrender.
    Dont disagree with your numbers but the confidence is lack of it in Barnett....

Jantz is who your stuck with the rest of the season - we will all have to deal with it. Did you know that we were one of 8 offers for Johnny Football at A&M....

Oh well....the problem is that our receivers cannot separate from Texas corners and as such, the window for completions gets tighter and average qb's press and ultimately make bad decisions.....i.e. pick in first half at their red zone....

So i will be looking for the comments if Jantz comes out and goes 24-35 for 324 and 3 tds......PUT IT ON DA BOARD!!!!!!

If we establish a decent running game, don't be surprised to see some big shots over the top....

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 337

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    Dont disagree with your numbers but the confidence is lack of it in Barnett....

Jantz is who your stuck with the rest of the season - we will all have to deal with it. Did you know that we were one of 8 offers for Johnny Football at A&M....

Oh well....the problem is that our receivers cannot separate from Texas corners and as such, the window for completions gets tighter and average qb's press and ultimately make bad decisions.....i.e. pick in first half at their red zone....

So i will be looking for the comments if Jantz comes out and goes 24-35 for 324 and 3 tds......PUT IT ON DA BOARD!!!!!!

If we establish a decent running game, don't be surprised to see some big shots over the top....
    I hate being so negative but I just can't take it anymore. Thank God Jantz will be gone next season. I don't think I could take another season of him at QB.

All-Star
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 857
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

This game reminds me of the 2005 Baylor game on certain levels. Baylor came to Ames riding an 37 game conference road game losing streak (ISU goes to Kansas to face a Jayhawk team riding a 20 game conference losing streak), Baylor had literally no talent on either side of the ball (Kansas has literally no talent on either side of the ball), Baylor statistically was one of the worst teams in the Big XII on offense & defense (Kansas is statistically one of the worst teams in the Big XII on offense & defense), Iowa State had one of the best defenses in recent memory in 2005 (ISU has a defense equally as good if not better then the 2005 defense this season), etc.... and Iowa State layed down and let Baylor roll them in one of the most embarrassing losses in ISU history due to inefficiency and turnovers on offense. This years ISU offense.... Inefficient and turnover prone. Uh oh....

Kansas 17
    Iowa State 3
    One difference between 2005 and 2012: Paul Rhoads this and this alone is enough for me to believe that this team will NOT LAY DOWN against Kansas.

“It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

All-Star
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 857
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    I firmly believe that half the posters on this board need to consider medication for thier bipolar disorder.
    I agree. The people that are calling for a loss here were expecting us to beat UT and OU, which unless they had an off day was highly unlikely.

Now that ISU is playing probably the 1 team in the conference that we have an advantage on talent wise its doom and gloom. After we win this weekend it will be back to projecting a 20 pt win over WVU because their defense is sooooo bad.

“It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

Addict
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by istater7 View Post
    This game isnt as close to the CU game of 2010 as some of you think. ISU was just coming off of a 2OT loss to Nebraska, CU lost a debacle to KU and an interim coach was thrown in the week of the ISU game. That was a CU team that still went 5-7 that year. KU has one win. Much different situations. ISU wont be distracted by a heartbreaker and CPR knows not to overlook a team in this spot.
    While I agree with this analysis, I really wish KU would have just given up by now. But at this point they have not and for some reason they remain as hungry for win #2 as we do for win #6 and bowl eligibility. This game just scares me and I just dont think we can stop their running game with the loss of Knott.

Pro
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 3

I've had a bad feeling about this game since before the season started for some reason. It seems like we always take one game we should win and find a way to let it slip away. This feels like the one.

At the same time with CPR we also bounce back well and seem to always find a way to win a big one. WV isn't necessarily a big one, but I predict we drop one to Kansas, this board implodes, and then we end up beating WV soundly in Ames.

Legend
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 158

I hate being so negative but I just can't take it anymore. Thank God Jantz will be gone next season. I don't think I could take another season of him at QB.
    Do you think the coaches are starting Jantz just to spite you or something? He's the best option available. And other than two plays of the TCU game the offense didn't run even a smidgeon better with Barnett back there. Jantz took a huge step forward against Baylor and hasn't regressed the past two games, we've just played two really good football teams that we couldn't compete with athletically. We knew they were going to blitz a lot and we know that's the way to shut down our QBs, but we didn't adjust our playcalling to make them pay for it. Jantz isn't going to be all conference or anything but there's no way to put all the blame on him.

The QB doesn't call "missed block on two"
    The QB doesn't call "dropped pass on one"
    The QB doesn't make a check to a hot route that includes "but make sure you don't turn around and see the ball to catch it"
    The QB doesn't ask the offensive coordinator to go away from what's working.
    The QB doesn't tell our defensive backs to let guys get open.
    The QB doesn't tell our defensive line to miss tackles.
    The QB didn't cause Knott to get injured.
    The QB didn't cause Lenz to get injured.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Do you think the coaches are starting Jantz just to spite you or something? He's the best option available. And other than two plays of the TCU game the offense didn't run even a smidgeon better with Barnett back there. Jantz took a huge step forward against Baylor and hasn't regressed the past two games, we've just played two really good football teams that we couldn't compete with athletically. We knew they were going to blitz a lot and we know that's the way to shut down our QBs, but we didn't adjust our playcalling to make them pay for it. Jantz isn't going to be all conference or anything but there's no way to put all the blame on him.

The QB doesn't make a check to a hot route that includes "but make sure you don't turn around and see the ball to catch it"
    Boom. Roasted.

Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 177
    Given: 64

Not what I heard. Sources tell me Jantz turbo punched Lenz in the leg...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 104

24-17 Cyclones.

Pro
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,363
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 9

The more I really think about this game...ISU rolls. People should remember who's coaching on each sideline here. People really think CPR won't have the boys fired up for this game? Prepared for a fight in this game? That Wally can't shut down a one deminsional offense?

C'mon...

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Big 12 records:

Jantz: (1-6) Wins against.... The worst defense college football has ever seen - Also, gave Baylor a chance to come back in the game with his fumble with 6 mins left only up by 14 and trying to run the clock out.
    Barnett: (4-4) Wins against @#19 TTU, #2 OSU, @#13 TCU - Also, in position to beat #1 KSU by the way

Yeah lets go with Jantz though - he gives us our best chance at winning in the Big 12! Are the Jantz lovers just delusional? What is a better metric then winning?? I second CycloneState78... I can not wait until Jantz is gone next year.

Addict
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 194

I firmly believe that half the posters on this board need to consider medication for thier bipolar disorder.

I agree wholeheartedly ... not really.

Legend
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 158

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYGREG View Post
    Big 12 records:

Jantz: (1-6) Wins against.... The worst defense college football has ever seen - Also, gave Baylor a chance to come back in the game with his fumble with 6 mins left only up by 14 and trying to run the clock out.
    Barnett: (4-4) Wins against @#19 TTU, #2 OSU, @#13 TCU - Also, in position to beat #1 KSU by the way

Yeah lets go with Jantz though - he gives us our best chance at winning in the Big 12! Are the Jantz lovers just delusional? What is a better metric then winning?? I second CycloneState78... I can not wait until Jantz is gone next year.
    Sorry, sometimes I forget that the QB is the only player on the field and that no other players have any influence on the outcomes of games. Or that the performance of the other team also has no impact on how the game goes.