Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4

Excuses and ***holes

I am usually on of the positive people on this site, and still keep optimism as each week is a new week, and I love my Cyclones.
    That said, we were owned today, same as last week. Don't start with how awesome Texas is, they were frantic 2 weeks ago and could have been with a better effort today from our team. And we will be owned as long as we make excuses for poor performances, as long as we don't expect more from our coaches and team.
    Reality is that human will is a very powerful thing. We can continue with the feel good ******** and talk about getting over the hump but we won't unless our coaches demand better performance from our players. It is a tough thing, but I see it at work every day, we can be happy with a decent effort or we can expect and demand excellence from both our coaching staff and players and hold them accountable if it is not achieved.
    We must execute better, we must expect better if we are to get where we want to go. I didn't see "All in" today, but know it can come back at any time. Will our team leadership ensure this happens?

Rookie
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Excuses and ***holes

I agree, we looked sooooo flat today... our body language was bad right from the get go... we judt didn't look hungry, didn't seem like anyone even cared that we were getting thumped...

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 763
    Given: 43

Yes? is that the right answer? Yes?

Addict
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,236
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 38

Our coaches are undermanned most of the time against B12 opponents. It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Um ok, I don't think what anyone of posts on a message board will have any effect on the teams performance. Texas is playing well, has good talent and will be better next year. It's life in the big 12. Iowa state is not as good as we thought or hoped. So goes it. Not an excuse just a fact. Two winnable games that I expect to win, but not going to get crazy on a message board if it doesn't happen either.

Pro
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 136

This loss goes a long way in removing excuses. We got our *** whipped and it hurts. It hurts bad. And I'm certain that it will burn in the bellies of the players and coaches. We were able to say "we were close" in the other losses and not necessarily hold each other accountable. This wasn't close. We were beaten at the player level and coaching level. Enough that excuses and rationalizing are gone.

Even though this week didn't go how we'd have liked it, we are not Hawlkeye fans. Quit being a bunch of little **tches and support your team. We'll come back strong next week. We have a knack for bouncing back.

Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 257

We need someone on offense to make plays. We lack playmakers.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Recruit
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    We'll come back strong next week. We have a knack for bouncing back.
    We do? We have two 2 game losing streaks and beat a terrible Baylor team and a TCU team that will finish 6-6.

Addict
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,037
    Given: 215

Quote Originally Posted by Cyhops View Post
    I am usually on of the positive people on this site, and still keep optimism as each week is a new week, and I love my Cyclones.
    That said, we were owned today, same as last week. Don't start with how awesome Texas is, they were frantic 2 weeks ago and could have been with a better effort today from our team. And we will be owned as long as we make excuses for poor performances, as long as we don't expect more from our coaches and team.
    Reality is that human will is a very powerful thing. We can continue with the feel good ******** and talk about getting over the hump but we won't unless our coaches demand better performance from our players. It is a tough thing, but I see it at work every day, we can be happy with a decent effort or we can expect and demand excellence from both our coaching staff and players and hold them accountable if it is not achieved.
    We must execute better, we must expect better if we are to get where we want to go. I didn't see "All in" today, but know it can come back at any time. Will our team leadership ensure this happens?

So how's this tie to the thread title? I'm going to assume we're supposed to pick one of each. I'll go first. For excuse, I pick Jake Knott getting hurt, and for ***hole, I pick Cyhops.

The internet is full of people who know all the answers, you just have to ask them, or maybe not, they'll spam you. IF we just try harder, we'll win.

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 75

Do you really think that people getting ****** on this thread is why the team and coaches try to win? I'm pretty sure they are competitive and want to win no matter how "demanding" you are. You can be upset, but bottom line is Texas is a good team, and we didn't play well. That's as simple as I can make it. I don't think this is as catastrophic as you are making it.

Pro
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 136

Quote Originally Posted by eddiepishammerd View Post
    We do? We have two 2 game losing streaks and beat a terrible Baylor team and a TCU team that will finish 6-6.
    Well, there it is. We have a two game losing streak guys! Pack it in! Season's over! Yes, we beat TCU, an average team, after losing to TT. We lost to KSU and OSU and came back and beat Baylor, an average-to-less-than-average- team, handily. Now we've lost to OU and UT before playing KU, a less than average team. So, yes, we bounce back. And win. Back to back.

Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    So how's this tie to the thread title? I'm going to assume we're supposed to pick one of each. I'll go first. For excuse, I pick Jake Knott getting hurt, and for ***hole, I pick Cyhops.

The internet is full of people who know all the answers, you just have to ask them, or maybe not, they'll spam you. IF we just try harder, we'll win.

If you haven't heard the qoute, excuses are like ***holes, everyone has one. The link is that we as Cyclone fans seem to always have an excuse.....there is a break in period for a qb, we lost an all big 12 lb, we don't have 4 and 5 stars, etc, but the challenge is to overcome whatever obstacle that presents itself. Winners do this, those in the middle of the pack or at the bottom make excuses. I remain a die hard Cyclone and always will, I no longer read this board during a game because the pancake fans disgust me, I believe that we will win every game we play, and remain positive regardless of the outcome. I just wish others on the board would expect the same excellence and provide similar support. And yes, I am an ***hole.

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 75

If you haven't heard the qoute, excuses are like ***holes, everyone has one. The link is that we as Cyclone fans seem to always have an excuse.....there is a break in period for a qb, we lost an all big 12 lb, we don't have 4 and 5 stars, etc, but the challenge is to overcome whatever obstacle that presents itself. Winners do this, those in the middle of the pack or at the bottom make excuses. I remain a die hard Cyclone and always will, I no longer read this board during a game because the pancake fans disgust me, I believe that we will win every game we play, and remain positive regardless of the outcome. I just wish others on the board would expect the same excellence and provide similar support. And yes, I am an ***hole.
    Good thing that's settled.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

My pleasure

Pro
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    We need someone on offense to make plays. We lack playmakers.
    We have an offense? I want proof.

I'm not trying to be difficult, it comes naturally....