Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 9,592, Level: 29
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    331
    Points
    9,592
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4

    Excuses and ***holes

    I am usually on of the positive people on this site, and still keep optimism as each week is a new week, and I love my Cyclones.
    That said, we were owned today, same as last week. Don't start with how awesome Texas is, they were frantic 2 weeks ago and could have been with a better effort today from our team. And we will be owned as long as we make excuses for poor performances, as long as we don't expect more from our coaches and team.
    Reality is that human will is a very powerful thing. We can continue with the feel good ******** and talk about getting over the hump but we won't unless our coaches demand better performance from our players. It is a tough thing, but I see it at work every day, we can be happy with a decent effort or we can expect and demand excellence from both our coaching staff and players and hold them accountable if it is not achieved.
    We must execute better, we must expect better if we are to get where we want to go. I didn't see "All in" today, but know it can come back at any time. Will our team leadership ensure this happens?



  2. #2
    Rookie
    Points: 8,750, Level: 27
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    434
    Points
    8,750
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    I agree, we looked sooooo flat today... our body language was bad right from the get go... we judt didn't look hungry, didn't seem like anyone even cared that we were getting thumped...



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 211,270, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,804
    Points
    211,270
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 763
    Given: 43

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    Yes? is that the right answer? Yes?



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 93,814, Level: 95
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,236
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,633
    Points
    93,814
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 38

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    Our coaches are undermanned most of the time against B12 opponents. It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 33,839, Level: 56
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cabot, AR
    Posts
    1,676
    Points
    33,839
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    Um ok, I don't think what anyone of posts on a message board will have any effect on the teams performance. Texas is playing well, has good talent and will be better next year. It's life in the big 12. Iowa state is not as good as we thought or hoped. So goes it. Not an excuse just a fact. Two winnable games that I expect to win, but not going to get crazy on a message board if it doesn't happen either.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 74,624, Level: 84
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    2,934
    Points
    74,624
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 136

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    This loss goes a long way in removing excuses. We got our *** whipped and it hurts. It hurts bad. And I'm certain that it will burn in the bellies of the players and coaches. We were able to say "we were close" in the other losses and not necessarily hold each other accountable. This wasn't close. We were beaten at the player level and coaching level. Enough that excuses and rationalizing are gone.

    Even though this week didn't go how we'd have liked it, we are not Hawlkeye fans. Quit being a bunch of little **tches and support your team. We'll come back strong next week. We have a knack for bouncing back.


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 391,238, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,083
    Points
    391,238
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 257

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    We need someone on offense to make plays. We lack playmakers.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  8. #8
    Recruit
    Points: 6,545, Level: 23
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    eddiepishammerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    omaha
    Posts
    116
    Points
    6,545
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    We'll come back strong next week. We have a knack for bouncing back.
    We do? We have two 2 game losing streaks and beat a terrible Baylor team and a TCU team that will finish 6-6.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 317,363, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    7,656
    Points
    317,363
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,037
    Given: 215

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyhops View Post
    I am usually on of the positive people on this site, and still keep optimism as each week is a new week, and I love my Cyclones.
    That said, we were owned today, same as last week. Don't start with how awesome Texas is, they were frantic 2 weeks ago and could have been with a better effort today from our team. And we will be owned as long as we make excuses for poor performances, as long as we don't expect more from our coaches and team.
    Reality is that human will is a very powerful thing. We can continue with the feel good ******** and talk about getting over the hump but we won't unless our coaches demand better performance from our players. It is a tough thing, but I see it at work every day, we can be happy with a decent effort or we can expect and demand excellence from both our coaching staff and players and hold them accountable if it is not achieved.
    We must execute better, we must expect better if we are to get where we want to go. I didn't see "All in" today, but know it can come back at any time. Will our team leadership ensure this happens?

    So how's this tie to the thread title? I'm going to assume we're supposed to pick one of each. I'll go first. For excuse, I pick Jake Knott getting hurt, and for ***hole, I pick Cyhops.

    The internet is full of people who know all the answers, you just have to ask them, or maybe not, they'll spam you. IF we just try harder, we'll win.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 41,936, Level: 63
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,272
    Points
    41,936
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 75

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyhops View Post
    I am usually on of the positive people on this site, and still keep optimism as each week is a new week, and I love my Cyclones.
    That said, we were owned today, same as last week. Don't start with how awesome Texas is, they were frantic 2 weeks ago and could have been with a better effort today from our team. And we will be owned as long as we make excuses for poor performances, as long as we don't expect more from our coaches and team.
    Reality is that human will is a very powerful thing. We can continue with the feel good ******** and talk about getting over the hump but we won't unless our coaches demand better performance from our players. It is a tough thing, but I see it at work every day, we can be happy with a decent effort or we can expect and demand excellence from both our coaching staff and players and hold them accountable if it is not achieved.
    We must execute better, we must expect better if we are to get where we want to go. I didn't see "All in" today, but know it can come back at any time. Will our team leadership ensure this happens?
    Do you really think that people getting ****** on this thread is why the team and coaches try to win? I'm pretty sure they are competitive and want to win no matter how "demanding" you are. You can be upset, but bottom line is Texas is a good team, and we didn't play well. That's as simple as I can make it. I don't think this is as catastrophic as you are making it.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 74,624, Level: 84
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    2,934
    Points
    74,624
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 136

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiepishammerd View Post
    We do? We have two 2 game losing streaks and beat a terrible Baylor team and a TCU team that will finish 6-6.
    Well, there it is. We have a two game losing streak guys! Pack it in! Season's over! Yes, we beat TCU, an average team, after losing to TT. We lost to KSU and OSU and came back and beat Baylor, an average-to-less-than-average- team, handily. Now we've lost to OU and UT before playing KU, a less than average team. So, yes, we bounce back. And win. Back to back.


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  12. #12
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 9,592, Level: 29
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    331
    Points
    9,592
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    So how's this tie to the thread title? I'm going to assume we're supposed to pick one of each. I'll go first. For excuse, I pick Jake Knott getting hurt, and for ***hole, I pick Cyhops.

    The internet is full of people who know all the answers, you just have to ask them, or maybe not, they'll spam you. IF we just try harder, we'll win.

    If you haven't heard the qoute, excuses are like ***holes, everyone has one. The link is that we as Cyclone fans seem to always have an excuse.....there is a break in period for a qb, we lost an all big 12 lb, we don't have 4 and 5 stars, etc, but the challenge is to overcome whatever obstacle that presents itself. Winners do this, those in the middle of the pack or at the bottom make excuses. I remain a die hard Cyclone and always will, I no longer read this board during a game because the pancake fans disgust me, I believe that we will win every game we play, and remain positive regardless of the outcome. I just wish others on the board would expect the same excellence and provide similar support. And yes, I am an ***hole.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 41,936, Level: 63
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,272
    Points
    41,936
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 75

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyhops View Post
    If you haven't heard the qoute, excuses are like ***holes, everyone has one. The link is that we as Cyclone fans seem to always have an excuse.....there is a break in period for a qb, we lost an all big 12 lb, we don't have 4 and 5 stars, etc, but the challenge is to overcome whatever obstacle that presents itself. Winners do this, those in the middle of the pack or at the bottom make excuses. I remain a die hard Cyclone and always will, I no longer read this board during a game because the pancake fans disgust me, I believe that we will win every game we play, and remain positive regardless of the outcome. I just wish others on the board would expect the same excellence and provide similar support. And yes, I am an ***hole.
    Good thing that's settled.



  14. #14
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 9,592, Level: 29
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    331
    Points
    9,592
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    My pleasure



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 32,863, Level: 55
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    kilroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    hills to flat lands
    Posts
    2,299
    Points
    32,863
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 19

    Re: Excuses and ***holes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    We need someone on offense to make plays. We lack playmakers.
    We have an offense? I want proof.


    I'm not trying to be difficult, it comes naturally....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM