Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 118
  1. #1
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 497,936, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,646
    Points
    497,936
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 756
    Given: 3,039

    Favorite crappy TV?

    Some people thought the "overrated/underrated" threads were just a chance for people to be elitist. Well, let's flip it.

    Confession time: what's the crappiest TV show you watch on a regular basis?

    I'll start, and I'll use the absolute worst one possible, so nobody can be embarrassed after it. Absolutely anything you have can be better than Gossip Girl. I think I've seen every episode, and it sucks, and it's always sucked (although it's even worse now), but there are only about six episodes left - I've invested too much time at this point to stop.

    Yours?


    M 7/09

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 485,263, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,116
    Points
    485,263
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 114

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    How I Met Your Mother

    They keep recycling the same jokes, the show has drug on far longer than the story necessitates, but I'm too invested to quit.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  3. #3
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 497,936, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,646
    Points
    497,936
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 756
    Given: 3,039

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    How I Met Your Mother

    They keep recycling the same jokes, the show has drug on far longer than the story necessitates, but I'm too invested to quit.
    I've heard that about that show - I've never seen an episode, which is dumb because I know it started off awesome, but at some point you've GOT to meet the mother, right?


    M 7/09

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 205,424, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    longtimeclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Up north
    Posts
    7,794
    Points
    205,424
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 37

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I've heard that about that show - I've never seen an episode, which is dumb because I know it started off awesome, but at some point you've GOT to meet the mother, right?
    That is what they will have you believe but we are probably at least one season away from that point.



  5. #5
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 600,197, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,297
    Points
    600,197
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,279
    Given: 116

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Some people thought the "overrated/underrated" threads were just a chance for people to be elitist. Well, let's flip it.

    Confession time: what's the crappiest TV show you watch on a regular basis?

    I'll start, and I'll use the absolute worst one possible, so nobody can be embarrassed after it. Absolutely anything you have can be better than Gossip Girl. I think I've seen every episode, and it sucks, and it's always sucked (although it's even worse now), but there are only about six episodes left - I've invested too much time at this point to stop.

    Yours?
    You went with Gossip Girl? When you made us DVR every episode of Mad About You for like 3 years? And buy the entire series on DVD? And you never miss an opportunity to remind me that the girl who played first base in A League of Their Own also played Helen Hunt's sister on the show?

    Don't get me wrong, Gossip Girl is terrible. You've made me sit through enough episodes for me to know that tenfold, but I am shocked that it would be the first show you list, because Mad About You is clearly the King of that mountain.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  6. #6
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 497,936, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,646
    Points
    497,936
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 756
    Given: 3,039

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    I also feel a little guilty that I'm "too invested at this point" to stop watching crappy Gossip Girl. I loved the first several seasons of The Office, but gave up somewhere in the first year of Pam and Jim's marriage, when it started to go downhill. I think the last episode I saw was one where Holly and Dwight were following Michael as he wandered Scranton or something. I stopped a show that was at least good at SOME point, but kept up with the crap show.


    M 7/09

  7. #7
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 497,936, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,646
    Points
    497,936
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 756
    Given: 3,039

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    You went with Gossip Girl? When you made us DVR every episode of Mad About You for like 3 years? And buy the entire series on DVD? And you never miss an opportunity to remind me that the girl who played first base in A League of Their Own also played Helen Hunt's sister on the show?

    Don't get me wrong, Gossip Girl is terrible. You've made me sit through enough episodes for me to know that tenfold, but I am shocked that it would be the first show you list, because Mad About You is clearly the King of that mountain.
    Incorrect. I have no shame about Mad About You. Up until Helen Hunt's character started getting super-shrill, it was a solid show.


    M 7/09

  8. #8
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 600,197, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,297
    Points
    600,197
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,279
    Given: 116

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Incorrect. I have no shame about Mad About You. Up until Helen Hunt's character started getting super-shrill, it was a solid show.
    so, right after the first commercial break in episode one, then?


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  9. #9
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 497,936, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,646
    Points
    497,936
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 756
    Given: 3,039

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    so, right after the first commercial break in episode one, then?
    Meh. You laughed at several episodes.

    Also, that's an awful lot of deflection for someone who still DVRs The Simpsons​. Care to contribute to the thread, or just snipe?


    M 7/09

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 205,424, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    longtimeclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Up north
    Posts
    7,794
    Points
    205,424
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 37

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    Scrambling to find appropriate popcorn gif.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 166,801, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    CLONECONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    7,197
    Points
    166,801
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 7

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    this is fun.




    Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

  12. #12
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 497,936, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,646
    Points
    497,936
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 756
    Given: 3,039

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeclone View Post
    Scrambling to find appropriate popcorn gif.


    M 7/09

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 91,351, Level: 94
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,799
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CRcyclone6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    5,414
    Points
    91,351
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 200
    Given: 970

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    Real Housewives of Orange County


    Are you a member?

  14. #14
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 497,936, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,646
    Points
    497,936
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 756
    Given: 3,039

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRcyclone6 View Post
    Real Housewives of Orange County
    I haven't ever watched these - do they just sort of follow the wives around? Do they show the famous husbands much, or do they sort of stay out of it?


    M 7/09

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 205,424, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    longtimeclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Up north
    Posts
    7,794
    Points
    205,424
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 37

    Re: Favorite crappy TV?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Ah I see you plan mini cat fight with janny to draw people into the thread. Well done!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM