Matt Thomas Today
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 12,301, Level: 33
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    sportsfreak77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Urbandale/Ames
    Posts
    206
    Points
    12,301
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Matt Thomas Today

    Not much to discuss, but he was in attendance for today's exhibition game. I wonder if he like Ames? Making a trip on a Sunday afternoon with school the next day. I can tell he likes being a cyclone.


    Mr. Samantha Steele <3


  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 76,434, Level: 85
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    7,223
    Points
    76,434
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 433
    Given: 719

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    He lives in Ames during basketball season and commutes home for high school



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 50,422, Level: 69
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thompsonclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,019
    Points
    50,422
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 107

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    With most of our good 3 point shooters graduating (McGee, Babb, Clyburn, Lucious and somewhat Booker) Matt Thomas is exactly what we need. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting next year. (Long, Thomas, Ejim, Niang and Gibson). He definitley has a bright future.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 185,047, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranSocial
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    11,335
    Points
    185,047
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 442
    Given: 315

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Thompsonclone21 View Post
    With most of our good 3 point shooters graduating (McGee, Babb, Clyburn, Lucious and somewhat Booker) Matt Thomas is exactly what we need. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting next year. (Long, Thomas, Ejim, Niang and Gibson). He definitley has a bright future.
    I agree with this. Naz looks legit imo.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 7,804, Level: 26
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    CY88CE11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Des
    Posts
    764
    Points
    7,804
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 114

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    I agree with this. Naz looks legit imo.
    I agree. He and Georges looked very solid, especially for freshmen. I was a little underwhelmed by Clyburn, but hopefully that's just a senior realizing that this game meant nothing. Lucious had some incredible passes, but also had some bad turnovers. Fred will tighten that up.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 440,227, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,024
    Points
    440,227
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 279
    Given: 32

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    I'd hope most of our players looked really solid against the high school team they played yesterday.



  7. #7
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 26,514, Level: 49
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    rhino3382's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    15 min South of Hilton
    Posts
    301
    Points
    26,514
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 4

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    It's was just capital city league but naz impressed me back then. You could tell he was a gamer from the start



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 66,794, Level: 80
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,256
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Rural's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,202
    Points
    66,794
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 221

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    Quote Originally Posted by CY88CE11 View Post
    I agree. He and Georges looked very solid, especially for freshmen. I was a little underwhelmed by Clyburn, but hopefully that's just a senior realizing that this game meant nothing. Lucious had some incredible passes, but also had some bad turnovers. Fred will tighten that up.

    I just wish that a few on here............



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 15,543, Level: 37
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    610
    Points
    15,543
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    I think Matt Thomas could be the next Fred Hoiberg. Just watching his highlights, the guy is an athlete who can compete. The fact that he can shoot is even better. I think Fred sees himself in Matt.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 126,923, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bringmagicback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    CF Resident Dog Lover
    Posts
    5,202
    Points
    126,923
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 164

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    Quote Originally Posted by tee1up View Post
    I think Matt Thomas could be the next Fred Hoiberg. Just watching his highlights, the guy is an athlete who can compete. The fact that he can shoot is even better. I think Fred sees himself in Matt.
    So many choices for comments on the last sentance



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 64,434, Level: 78
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    2,016
    Points
    64,434
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 13

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    Matt Thomas will be the next Matt Gatens. That is the best comparison there is.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 171,182, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    7,239
    Points
    171,182
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 442
    Given: 116

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    Quote Originally Posted by nallen34 View Post
    Matt Thomas will be the next Matt Gatens. That is the best comparison there is.
    Huh? Matt is way more athletic and a better shooter. Gatens was a solid player, but Matt will be a much better overall player.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 64,434, Level: 78
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    2,016
    Points
    64,434
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 13

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewo View Post
    Huh? Matt is way more athletic and a better shooter. Gatens was a solid player, but Matt will be a much better overall player.
    Gatens was very athletic. Could both take it to the hole and shoot it with ease. Gatens averaged 11 pts as a freshman, 12 pts as a sophomore, 13 pts as a junior, and 15 pts as a senior. Only shot a combined 36% from 3. 51% of his total shots were from 3 pt range, 49% of his shots were from 2 pt range.

    Thomas will shoot a higher percentage from 3 than Gatens. I compared him to Gatens and not Scott because I see Thomas being more of a dual threat(driving/shooting) his whole career; unlike scott who only started driving the ball a lot when he was a senior and somewhat as a junior.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 64,434, Level: 78
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    2,016
    Points
    64,434
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 13

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    I think Thomas has a better chance of starting next year now since Dorsey-Walker is red-shirting.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 35,120, Level: 57
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    DurangoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Durango, CO
    Posts
    1,896
    Points
    35,120
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 216

    Re: Matt Thomas Today

    Quote Originally Posted by nallen34 View Post
    Gatens was very athletic. Could both take it to the hole and shoot it with ease. Gatens averaged 11 pts as a freshman, 12 pts as a sophomore, 13 pts as a junior, and 15 pts as a senior. Only shot a combined 36% from 3. 51% of his total shots were from 3 pt range, 49% of his shots were from 2 pt range.

    Thomas will shoot a higher percentage from 3 than Gatens. I compared him to Gatens and not Scott because I see Thomas being more of a dual threat(driving/shooting) his whole career; unlike scott who only started driving the ball a lot when he was a senior and somewhat as a junior.

    Never heard of this Matt Gatens guy, I've got him penciled in with a floor of JJ Redick and a ceiling of Ray Allen.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM