Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdriveCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 126

Re: Oregon passes Irish in latest BCS standings

Quote Originally Posted by MJ271 View Post
    Oregon is much more likely to lose though, since the Civil War is on the road for them
    Oregon St. is overrated. Also look at Mississippi St., with their schedule through the first 7-8 games, we'd easily be 7 or 8-0.

Fred's Fanatics- Member
    Fans of Fred Hoiberg and the 2013-2014 Iowa State Cyclones. Copy and Paste to Join.

Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by tyler24 View Post
    Oregon may have the better team, but Bill Snyder is a better coach than Chip Kelly. Snyder is a wizard on both sides of the ball compared to Kelly just having a freakish offense. Give Snyder as much time as they get to prep for the national title and he will have a great game plan. I just could never put my money against that guy, he is too good.
    Snyder is not the offensive coach Chip Kelly is and it's not close. People forget that in that 2010 season he was rolling with his backup QB after suspending/booting Masoli. Suspend Klein and see what happens offensively. It will be really interesting to see what happens with KSU offensively once Kleins gone and you don't have that guy just ******* consistency and you have to get big plays. I doubt KSU will regress to a 7 win team or anything but I bet there is some regression. Kelly is sitting there scoring 50 points a game with a freshman and not even trying in the second half of most games. He could have hung 100 up a couple of times.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

If you had the first 4 team football game and you had

Oregon, Kansas St., Notre Dame, and Alabama playing, it would go like(imo):

Alabama
    Oregon
    Notre Dame
    Kansas St.

A good example of why this is, is look at the ISU vs OU game. Iowa St. lost primarily because of less talent. ISU was in the game somewhat (around 2 scores throughout), but never broke through due to OU superior talent.

Same would happen here. Snyder is a great coach, but going against Alabama and Oregon especially, he would have a tough time beating them due to AU and Oregon's talent.

Notre Dame beat OU pretty easily and I think they would do the same to KSU.

The Big 12 doesn't have a superior team this year, just a bunch of good-solid-average teams besides Kansas.

I'd put OU and KSU as good, and OSU, Texas, and Tech as solid. ISU, TCU, WVU, and Baylor as average.

Alabama would win because they have a REALLY good defense and their offense is pretty good too. Last year their offense was average but it's better this year.

Oregon has the best offense but their defense is below average.

Offense
    ________
    1)Oregon
    2)Alabama
    3)Kansas St.
    4)Notre Dame

Defense
    4)Oregon

Last edited by IHavNoCyCash; 11-04-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    Fred's Fanatics- Member
    Fans of Fred Hoiberg and the 2013-2014 Iowa State Cyclones. Copy and Paste to Join.

All-Star
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    Oregon St. is overrated. Also look at Mississippi St., with their schedule through the first 7-8 games, we'd easily be 7 or 8-0.
    Agreed. Oregon will probably be a 2-3 TD favorite. And if Bama doesn't lose to Texas A&M, they're in the NC. After that, they have western carolina, Auburn then Georgia in the SEC Championship. And I think Georgia is pretty overrated too

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by isuchicago View Post
    Agreed. Oregon will probably be a 2-3 TD favorite. And if Bama doesn't lose to Texas A&M, they're in the NC. After that, they have western carolina, Auburn then Georgia in the SEC Championship. And I think Georgia is pretty overrated too
    I somewhat agree with Georgia.

Alabama will stomp them. Georgia's first 5 games were against creampuffs...ISU would have likely went 4-1 during that slate. They got stomped by SC and their only impressive win is against Florida.

Think it'll be like last year when LSU played. Georgia hangs for a quarter then Alabama smokes them.

I think ND loses @USC on the last week, making it a 3 team race. Think Kansas St. is going to get snubbed by Oregon.

Fred's Fanatics- Member

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I somewhat agree with Georgia.

Alabama will stomp them. Georgia's first 5 games were against creampuffs...ISU would have likely went 4-1 during that slate. They got stomped by SC and their only impressive win is against Florida.

Think it'll be like last year when LSU played. Georgia hangs for a quarter then Alabama smokes them.

I think ND loses @USC on the last week, making it a 3 team race. Think Kansas St. is going to get snubbed by Oregon.
    Yep. I would kill to have georgias schedule. The only ranked teams on their schedule are South Carolina and Florida. Exactly like last year. I hope they don't pull off a crazy upset against Bama. If someone gets left out over a 1 loss Georgia team, it would be a disgrace.

Just Win Baby
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    Snyder is not the offensive coach Chip Kelly is and it's not close. People forget that in that 2010 season he was rolling with his backup QB after suspending/booting Masoli. Suspend Klein and see what happens offensively. It will be really interesting to see what happens with KSU offensively once Kleins gone and you don't have that guy just ******* consistency and you have to get big plays. I doubt KSU will regress to a 7 win team or anything but I bet there is some regression. Kelly is sitting there scoring 50 points a game with a freshman and not even trying in the second half of most games. He could have hung 100 up a couple of times.
    Huh? Chip Kelly is great but Snyder not close? Chip Kelly has much better talent around him to coach. Snyder doesn't play 2nd to anyone when it comes to X's and O's and coaching. I think KState would beat this Oregon team. Especially in a bowl game where Snyder had a month to scheme. They would slow down that offense of Oregon's enough. Just like Auburn did 2 years ago.

Can't go wrong with either but being overdramatic with this "not close" talk. Snyder's resume speaks for itself

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Huh? Chip Kelly is great but Snyder not close? Chip Kelly has much better talent around him to coach. Snyder doesn't play 2nd to anyone when it comes to X's and O's and coaching. I think KState would beat this Oregon team. Especially in a bowl game where Snyder had a month to scheme. They would slow down that offense of Oregon's enough. Just like Auburn did 2 years ago.

Can't go wrong with either but being overdramatic with this "not close" talk. Snyder's resume speaks for itself
    Only difference is that Oregon offense wasn't as much of a threat in the passing game. Mariota is a lot faster than Thomas and a much, much better passer. I think they're harder to defend than that team was.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 756
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 10

Agree. If there were a Mt. Rushmore for offensive geniuses at the collegiate level, Bill Synder would be on it.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 9

He had how long for Arkansas last year? Arkansas wasn't even close to Oregon this year. Auburn had Fairley who pretty much wrecked Oregon by himself for most of the game. KSU doesn't have that. Also, getting talent is part of coaching. Kelly is a better offensive coach. His resume speaks for itself. No Masoli, no problem. Freshman QB? Hang 60 on USC. I am talking offensively here. Not overall. Snyder is a better coach to this point in an overall sense. Snyder did have 3 fairly rough years well into his first stint as well and Kelly has yet to do that.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Addict
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 1

If you had the first 4 team football game and you had

Oregon, Kansas St., Notre Dame, and Alabama playing, it would go like(imo):

Alabama
    Oregon
    Notre Dame
    Kansas St.

A good example of why this is, is look at the ISU vs OU game. Iowa St. lost primarily because of less talent. ISU was in the game somewhat (around 2 scores throughout), but never broke through due to OU superior talent.

Same would happen here. Snyder is a great coach, but going against Alabama and Oregon especially, he would have a tough time beating them due to AU and Oregon's talent.

Notre Dame beat OU pretty easily and I think they would do the same to KSU.

The Big 12 doesn't have a superior team this year, just a bunch of good-solid-average teams besides Kansas.

I'd put OU and KSU as good, and OSU, Texas, and Tech as solid. ISU, TCU, WVU, and Baylor as average.

Alabama would win because they have a REALLY good defense and their offense is pretty good too. Last year their offense was average but it's better this year.

Oregon has the best offense but their defense is below average.

Offense
    ________
    1)Oregon
    2)Alabama
    3)Kansas St.
    4)Notre Dame

Defense
    4)Oregon
    Who knows, Notre Dame should never have gone to OT at home against Pitt either. KSU has a better defense that OU, it would be a slugfest imo.

I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

Starter
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

I think TCU may get KSU, but nothing would give me more pleasure to see ND left out of a NC game because Oregon played in a conference championship game. With their refusal to join a conference it would be the ultimate payback.

Last edited by M3MEPLEASE; 11-05-2012 at 01:08 AM.