Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preseason NIT

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Preseason NIT

Of all the Big XII teams to select...Baylor?!

Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck
    - Don Schula.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Re: Preseason NIT

We didn't want in. Not enough guaranteed games.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Baylor is gonna be a good team. If not this year, the following year. If you have been following their recruiting you will see they have been bringing in some studs.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I know they'll be decent enough, but for them to be representing the Big XII in the preseason NIT...i just think we could have done a little better. i was thinking either Texas or Kansas would get themselves in, seeing as UNC, Gonzaga, Tennessee and Notre Dame were announced.

Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck
    - Don Schula.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Do you really think ISU is going to hold a candle to baylor next year. We should not be allowed on national tv next year just so recruits will not see the season that is about to happen. Then again, maybe there are 2 or 3 that want immediate playing time, and this would clearly give them the place to do that and shine for the nba sco....... oh yeah, i forgot, we are only going to score 60 pts a game. and to quote a post long ago, jacobsen could have scored more, but the way the offence works they spread it around and the star doesn't get all of the shots... so why would a star want to come to us? because we have roy williams,no, mike k.,no oh yeah, we have that guy who is only going to recruit iowa, minnisota, nd, sd, nebraska, illinois, and wisconsin.. awesome, that will put eyes on the tv

Let the bid to become the newest conf. USA team begin

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 644
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Do you really think ISU is going to hold a candle to baylor next year. We should not be allowed on national tv next year just so recruits will not see the season that is about to happen. Then again, maybe there are 2 or 3 that want immediate playing time, and this would clearly give them the place to do that and shine for the nba sco....... oh yeah, i forgot, we are only going to score 60 pts a game. and to quote a post long ago, jacobsen could have scored more, but the way the offence works they spread it around and the star doesn't get all of the shots... so why would a star want to come to us? because we have roy williams,no, mike k.,no oh yeah, we have that guy who is only going to recruit iowa, minnisota, nd, sd, nebraska, illinois, and wisconsin.. awesome, that will put eyes on the tv
    [/b][/quote]

You need to stop trolling this board, Sir BrokenRecord, because that's all you're doing anymore.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

And just so everyone here knows, trolling is posting inflammatory babble, grossly exaggerated and based on pure conjecture, in a lame and weak-minded attempt to anger the popular vein on the boards. A troll's only purpose is to frustrate and annoy others, and by doing so, gain as much attention as possible.

So in short: Don't feed the trolls.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

YES!!!!! my petition to be knighted was finally approved, funny how i would hear it here first, but i guess I'll take it. I finally can be seen in the same class as such luminaries as elton john, george michael, and judi dench. What an honor, thank you benjay, thank you Queen of England, it is such an honor.
    We still don't deserve to be in the NIT, we have one star player, not enought to get in, but at least we now play teams from the valley as our espn2 showcased game, and that my friends is awesome. Hmmm ohio state or bradley, i know who puts butts in seats and that has to be bradley. I am glad that short sighted people who cried about having to drive to des moines last year for our "best" pre-season game got their way and guarenteed that we will never have another featured game on the duece again, that is brillliant.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

And just so everyone here knows, trolling is posting inflammatory babble, grossly exaggerated and based on pure conjecture, in a lame and weak-minded attempt to anger the popular vein on the boards. A troll's only purpose is to frustrate and annoy others, and by doing so, gain as much attention as possible.

[/b][/quote]
    since i am now a knight, i had better speak in the queens english... Me thinks Benjay enjoth making upeth definitions. And btw, i just respond to all of you MCD is the greatest ever, and i never get contradicted, all I get is bashed. He hasn't coached a game here yet... guess what, thats right, so why you all insist that he is the greatest is beyond me.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Did anyone say he's the greatest coach ever or expecting you to instantly love him? Why do you feel the need to blow everything out of proportion in order to make a point?

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Did anyone say he's the greatest coach ever or expecting you to instantly love him? Why do you feel the need to blow everything out of proportion in order to make a point?
    [/b][/quote]
    Are you ever going to say anything about iowa state bball, or are you just going to post about me? I think that may be a point

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Wild doomsday predictions with no factual base are not worth debating.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Wild doomsday predictions with no factual base are not worth debating.
    [/b][/quote]
    yet another post non-isu. At least I have an opinion, your only concern seems to be what I think and how you can try your hardest to comeup with a witty comeback, a task in which you fail mightily.
    I say"we are not in the pre-season NIT due to lack of established star players, a coach that is less than exciting, and predictions that we will finish well below the mendoza line in conference"
    now you go

All-Star
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 17

Take your Own advice Benjay.

'00 Grad
    "Can I borrow your towel, my car just hit a water buffalo" Erwin Fletcher

alwjohnson

OK, stop. Let's look at discombobulated's points.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I say"we are not in the pre-season NIT due to lack of established star players, a coach that is less than exciting, and predictions that we will finish well below the mendoza line in conference"[/b][/quote]

I would contend that we have more than one star player. But, I assume you are talking about Rashon. One man does not make a team, but one star player and several role players, can. I think Hubalek and Marsden are role players, and we are hoping some recruits pan out.

I don't think the coach is less than exciting. He coaches strong defense and a structure offense. Tim Floyd did the same thing. I would say he was exciting. Do you really think that when Rashon has an open break and is ready to dunk, McDermott will tell him not to?

We probably will have a losing season, but the story still has some national feel. I'm not worried about the wins and losses more than I am about the fan support for these new kids.

One other note,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>no oh yeah, we have that guy who is only going to recruit iowa, minnisota, nd, sd, nebraska, illinois, and wisconsin.. awesome, that will put eyes on the tv[/b][/quote]

I think McD has proven otherwise. Please, get your facts right.