Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 34

2012-13 NBA Season

The NBA regular season gets underway tomorrow night. Who's ready to watch LeBron and Miami just destroy the rest of the league this year?

Pro
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 792
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 96

Re: 2012-13 NBA Season

Oh good gosh, didn't they just wrap up their 3-month playoffs last week?

"It's appropriate for leaders sometimes to move boldly against the flow of public opinion," she said. "That's called leadership." --- Sarah Swisher (D), Superdelegate, Iowa City

Pro
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,296
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 9

I'm so excited for the NBA that I'm actually watching the Cavs-Wizards right now.

It might be the last time I watch either team all year, though. Kyrie looks good. Beal is hitting shots.

Pro
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,296
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 9

If you have cable, you probably have a free week of League Pass, for anyone who is interested.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 359
    Given: 62

Hey Rulzzz, this Miami ring ceremony is pretty cool isn't it?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 899
    Given: 2,301

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Hey Rulzzz, this Miami ring ceremony is pretty cool isn't it?

Not watching that part of tonight :) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

If Miami doesn't have any major injuries this year, they will challenge the Bulls records for wins. Their offense looked terrific last night, their ball movement is unbelievable now. They have the ideal team around LeBron now, Allen and Lewis are going to be getting wide open looks all season.

Pro
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 187

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    If Miami doesn't have any major injuries this year, they will challenge the Bulls records for wins. Their offense looked terrific last night, their ball movement is unbelievable now. They have the ideal team around LeBron now, Allen and Lewis are going to be getting wide open looks all season.
    They looked very good. I think the only thing that could derail them (other than injuries) is clashing egos. LBJ hit his stride in the postseason last spring once it became clear that Dwayne Wade was way less than 100% with a bum knee. If Wade is completely healthy, I can't help but wonder if he'll accept playing second fiddle all season.
    But if those two can coexist with Lebron as the unquestioned go-to guy, then it's Miami and then everybody else.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jbindm View Post
    They looked very good. I think the only thing that could derail them (other than injuries) is clashing egos. LBJ hit his stride in the postseason last spring once it became clear that Dwayne Wade was way less than 100% with a bum knee. If Wade is completely healthy, I can't help but wonder if he'll accept playing second fiddle all season.
    But if those two can coexist with Lebron as the unquestioned go-to guy, then it's Miami and then everybody else.
    That's true, but as a fan of great basketball I hope Wade can accept his role as a great sidekick. The Heat's offense running through LeBron with two shooters spacing the floor and Wade cutting and Bosh running pick and pops is amazing to watch. Their offense over much of the previous two seasons was Wade and LeBron alternating being "the guy" and taking turns running isos and usually leading to a very stagnant offense. I think Pat Riley knew this is how it would eventually be when he signed LeBron and I think Wade will realize that Miami can't reach their full potential with him trying to be the number one guy too.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Boston's defense was atrocious. That ultra small lineup they went to helped their offense but they won't be able to stop anyone doing that. Terry and Barbosa couldn't guard me, let alone an actual NBA player.

Miami's defense is almost entirely reliant on Bosh, Wade, and Lebron being on the floor together. Their speed and athleticism makes up for their lack of size inside. If one of them aren't on the court though that defense gets exposed unless it's against the other teams bench.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Boston's defense was atrocious. That ultra small lineup they went to helped their offense but they won't be able to stop anyone doing that. Terry and Barbosa couldn't guard me, let alone an actual NBA player.

Miami's defense is almost entirely reliant on Bosh, Wade, and Lebron being on the floor together. Their speed and athleticism makes up for their lack of size inside. If one of them aren't on the court though that defense gets exposed unless it's against the other teams bench.
    Not true at all, Miami's defensive efficiency numbers are much better than league average even when all three of those guys aren't all the court at the same time. Their defense hasn't been exposed in the two years since they all joined up, they've struggled when their offense stalls. And who besides LA really has a big enough line up to expose Miami's lack of size? Maybe Memphis if Randolph is back to his 2010 form? The league is moving more and more toward small ball line ups, Miami can just do that better than everyone else.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

I dont see how everyone says the heat will roll to a championship. The Lakers have the best center, top 5 pf defensive stopper that rebounds and scores at sf all time great at 2 and while older, still a top pg. they also have a decent bench however it could be better. Othe than the Heats bench, and bron bron, i dont see where as the heat have much going for them when comparing them to the Lakers. The lakers win this year without a doubt.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    Not true at all, Miami's defensive efficiency numbers are much better than league average even when all three of those guys aren't all the court at the same time. Their defense hasn't been exposed in the two years since they all joined up, they've struggled when their offense stalls. And who besides LA really has a big enough line up to expose Miami's lack of size? Maybe Memphis if Randolph is back to his 2010 form? The league is moving more and more toward small ball line ups, Miami can just do that better than everyone else.
    Did I just imagine Boston cutting a near 20 point lead down to 4 when Lebron left with cramps? Did I just imagine Boston cutting the lead in the first half when Lebron went to the bench?

LeBron is the the glue, but Wade and Bosh are important as well. I suppose the Heat could bring in Joel Anthony for Bosh and not lose much defensively but the Heat don't really have a good defender to replace LeBron or Wade for long stretches.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bringmagicback View Post
    I dont see how everyone says the heat will roll to a championship. The Lakers have the best center, top 5 pf defensive stopper that rebounds and scores at sf all time great at 2 and while older, still a top pg. they also have a decent bench however it could be better. Othe than the Heats bench, and bron bron, i dont see where as the heat have much going for them when comparing them to the Lakers. The lakers win this year without a doubt.
    Yeah, other than having the best player in the league I don't see where the Heat have much going for them either.

Miami doesn't have anyone to guard Howard but who is Pau Gasol guarding on Miami?

Also, you realize that the Lakers just lost to a Dirk-less Mavs team right?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Did I just imagine Boston cutting a near 20 point lead down to 4 when Lebron left with cramps? Did I just imagine Boston cutting the lead in the first half when Lebron went to the bench?

LeBron is the the glue, but Wade and Bosh are important as well. I suppose the Heat could bring in Joel Anthony for Bosh and not lose much defensively but the Heat don't really have a good defender to replace LeBron or Wade for long stretches.
    Are you seriously using a one game sample size as evidence to back up your point?