Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Quarterbacks

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 21,643, Level: 44
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    MIClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central Michigan
    Posts
    2,029
    Points
    21,643
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 243

    Quarterbacks

    Sorry for another QB thread, but I've been thinking about this all week and wanted to throw it out.
    Based on what I've seen*, this is what I'd like to see...

    Start Steele against the teams that have been highly succeptible against the pass.
    Start Barnett against the teams that are succeptable against the run (e.g. Texas).
    Start Barnett if it isn't clear.

    Whoever the starter is, if they have gone a quarter without significant production, switch to the other QB. If neither are doing anything, let's see what Richardson can do.

    *I haven't seen Richardson except for one series against WIU. Maybe he has/can prove in practice that he is worth starting.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 171,367, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyguytillidie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,784
    Points
    171,367
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 354

    Re: Quarterbacks

    If Richardson doesn't start today, he is clearly not ready to play.
    With that said, don't go calling for him when the offense starts to stall.



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 10,074, Level: 30
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Guetterdone1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    751
    Points
    10,074
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 38

    Re: Quarterbacks

    I just want the dude that can make the easy throws and run the zone read. so far steele can make the easy throw and sometimes the tough one, but cannot run the zone read. Barnett is very good at the zone read, but is very inaccurate at times. He gets the ball batted down a lot as well cause he's so short. He's listed 6 feet or 6'1 or something. I walked right next to him on campus last year. I'm 6'2, he's like 5'10 tops. Paul is very high on SR, hopefully he's the guy of the future, but might not be ready as of yet.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 10,681, Level: 31
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    BuffettClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Altoona, Iowa
    Posts
    1,126
    Points
    10,681
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 5

    Re: Quarterbacks

    I hope the competition between Richardson and Rohach in the next couple years is more an argument on who is better...not which one will hurt the team least



  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,273, Level: 21
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    goclones69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    269
    Points
    5,273
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

    Re: Quarterbacks

    60% chance barnett starts, 35% jantz starts, 5% chance richardson starts



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 353,866, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    ISUCubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    14,855
    Points
    353,866
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,230
    Given: 1,021

    Re: Quarterbacks

    Barnett won't see the field today. Jantz missed out last week, Barnett misses out this week.

    If it goes to ****, give it to Richardson.


    Self-Proclaimed Smartest and Goodest Looking Poster on Cyclone Fanatic 4 years running*

    *Fitzy not included

  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 19,457, Level: 42
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    cycophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    609
    Points
    19,457
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 207

    Re: Quarterbacks

    There's no clear answer on who to start at QB, but it will be a big opportunity for whoever gets the nod. Baylor's defense has been horrid. I would prefer to see Steele get a shot, given his last outing was against what has turned out to be a one of the better defenses in Texas Tech. Going vertical early and often may be the order of the day. And if Jake Knott is held out today, as is being rumorred, then that will be even more true.



    "Never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield ... to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. ― Winston Churchill

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 900,084, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    59,880
    Points
    900,084
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,410
    Given: 3,595

    Re: Quarterbacks

    My shoulders feel fresh and loose today. I am tired but focused. I am ready for the spotlight.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 38,302, Level: 60
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 748
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU_phoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    1,914
    Points
    38,302
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 5

    Re: Quarterbacks

    Minnesota is on their 3rd quarterback this year (a freshman, I believe) and he is lighting it up against Purdue. I've seen several Gopher games this year and I an pretty sure he will be the starter for the rest of the year based on his play.

    He was 3rd string going into the year, but I think you (or a coach) never really knows how a player will perform until given a chance.

    I'm not saying we should stay Richardson, but if we continue to see poor QB play the first half, I really think we should see how Richardson reacts in a real game.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 128,985, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    WhatchaGonnaDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,211
    Points
    128,985
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 388
    Given: 222

    Re: Quarterbacks

    Just look at that hair!




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM