Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 143, Level: 1
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    12
    Points
    143
    Level
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Thumbs up Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    First off just want to say good luck this saturday.your program always gives people trouble and ive been told that the game day atmosphere is among the best in the big 12. I think the game will be a good one. Hope our players dress warm!

    Some friends and i are making the trip to ames from nebraska. Let me explain ... my girlfriend and i are baylor fans from waco who are going to college in nebraska(not UNL) we are traveling with a husker fan (lame) and meeting up with one of his friends (iowa st student).

    We are all in our earlier 20's and would like to hit up the tailgate scene. One iowa st fan already said we were welcome at WRL, just dropping by to get more information on what to do.

    Ps. on our site visiting fans always post on game week to talk about tailgating so im not sure if thats accepted here or not. If not, my apologies.

    Thanks and good luck !



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 22,744, Level: 46
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 806
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Topshelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    835
    Points
    22,744
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 39

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    Only rule is you must write about your experience when you return home. Cyclone fans are generally nice as long as you are nice. You will be given a lot if advice here, so take notes.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 118,234, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,402
    Points
    118,234
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 335

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    The Iowa State student should be able to guide you to the right spot and show you a good time. We are a pretty friendly bunch, as long as you are not jerks ... cough ... Nebraska ... cough.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 161,530, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,037
    Points
    161,530
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 63

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    Hit up the grass lots on South 16th (as that's where most of the students tailgate) when you are done in G7 with the WRNL crew.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 37,440, Level: 59
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    farminclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,506
    Points
    37,440
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 9

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    If you want a wild and crazy time go to the grass lots south of the stadium. If you prefer a more safisticated type of tailgating (less students, more families and adults) find a place in the paved lots around the staduim. If you are friendly most people will offer food and drink no problem.

    Dress warmer than you think. JTS is always colder than you would think.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 118,234, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,402
    Points
    118,234
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 335

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    The Baylor section is at the southwest corner of the stadium. Easy entrance from the 16th Street student tailgate lot.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 59,288, Level: 75
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 762
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    BoxsterCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Golden Valley, MN
    Posts
    3,558
    Points
    59,288
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 393
    Given: 355

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Topshelf View Post
    Only rule is you must write about your experience when you return home. Cyclone fans are generally nice as long as you are nice. You will be given a lot if advice here, so take notes.
    Your followup post saying what a great time you had win or lose do require pictures or it "didn't happen".



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 84,061, Level: 90
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,489
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Tailg8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,851
    Points
    84,061
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 573

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    Yep, come to the big grass lot at the corner of S 16th & University, just south of the stadium. The ISU student should know where the student lot.

    If you don't know anybody come to the big red van with loud music & tv's in the back. I'll be the only guy in Ames wearing a #20 jersey!



  9. #9
    Prospect
    Points: 143, Level: 1
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    12
    Points
    143
    Level
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Tailg8er View Post
    Yep, come to the big grass lot at the corner of S 16th & University, just south of the stadium. The ISU student should know where the student lot.

    If you don't know anybody come to the big red van with loud music & tv's in the back. I'll be the only guy in Ames wearing a #20 jersey!
    ok im taking you up on this. ill probably be hitting the scene around 2 or so. so when a random person comes up to you wearing baylor its probably me and my friends lol. my names chavis btw, pronounced like travis (dont know what my parents were thinking ) sounds like a good time and cant wait. Thanks for the hospitality



  10. #10
    Prospect
    Points: 143, Level: 1
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    12
    Points
    143
    Level
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxsterCy View Post
    Your followup post saying what a great time you had win or lose do require pictures or it "didn't happen".
    will do



  11. #11
    Prospect
    Points: 143, Level: 1
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    12
    Points
    143
    Level
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by farminclone View Post
    If you want a wild and crazy time go to the grass lots south of the stadium. If you prefer a more safisticated type of tailgating (less students, more families and adults) find a place in the paved lots around the staduim. If you are friendly most people will offer food and drink no problem.

    Dress warmer than you think. JTS is always colder than you would think.
    thanks .. yall have all been helpful. Already left a good impression with me so far



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 127,811, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,849
    Points
    127,811
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 88

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by GMackey32 View Post
    Hit up the grass lots on South 16th (as that's where most of the students tailgate) when you are done in G7 with the WRNL crew.
    What's a guy got to do to party with WRNL crew?



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 161,530, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,037
    Points
    161,530
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 63

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    What's a guy got to do to party with WRNL crew?

    Probably just walk up. I've never partied over there but from the posts I've seen from them, they are pretty welcoming.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

  14. #14
    Prospect
    Points: 143, Level: 1
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    12
    Points
    143
    Level
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    What's a guy got to do to party with WRNL crew?
    not sure .. i got invited just for being a baylor fan so i would bet your invited too lol



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 409,095, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,700
    Points
    409,095
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 284

    Re: Baylor fan making the trip to iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by cbsmith View Post
    ok im taking you up on this. ill probably be hitting the scene around 2 or so. so when a random person comes up to you wearing baylor its probably me and my friends lol. my names chavis btw, pronounced like travis (dont know what my parents were thinking ) sounds like a good time and cant wait. Thanks for the hospitality
    This made me laugh.

    But yes, head to the Student lots G2/G3 just south of the stadium like others have said. Pretty good party atmosphere and lots of students. Drink a lot of beer and have a good time. Dress warm for the game, especially since its a night game and you will be sitting there not moving.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM