VLOG: No clue on QB's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 813,279, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,752
    Points
    813,279
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 329

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 121,066, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,896
    Points
    121,066
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 520
    Given: 469

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    A reason to not play Richardson now may be because you don't want to preempt the QB race for next year. If you think Rohach has a good shot to be our QB next year, you don't want to put him behind Richardson before they even get to Spring practice.



  3. #3
    Publisher
    Points: 813,279, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,752
    Points
    813,279
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 329

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    A reason to not play Richardson now may be because you don't want to preempt the QB race for next year. If you think Rohach has a good shot to be our QB next year, you don't want to put him behind Richardson before they even get to Spring practice.
    I disagree. Play the guy who gives you the best chance to win right now. Period. If that's Richardson, you play him. Same with the others.

    Iowa State is 4-3 right now, not 2-5. Big difference. No point in throwing in the towel. A lot of winnable games left too.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 121,066, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,896
    Points
    121,066
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 520
    Given: 469

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    Just said "a" reason, not "the" reason. Like you, I have no idea what is going to happen.

    P.S. Care to comment in the other interesting thread this morning?



  5. #5
    Publisher
    Points: 813,279, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,752
    Points
    813,279
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 329

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    Just said "a" reason, not "the" reason. Like you, I have no idea what is going to happen.

    P.S. Care to comment in the other interesting thread this morning?
    Nothing for me to comment on. Nobody is talking about it in Ames. I'm not going to fuel fire to rumors of a young man's college career possibly being over. I'll report something of this magnitude if I have an on-the-record source to go by - which nobody does at this point in time - which is why media can't do much right now.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,129, Level: 62
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    NickTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    4,367
    Points
    41,129
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 300
    Given: 395

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I disagree. Play the guy who gives you the best chance to win right now. Period. If that's Richardson, you play him. Same with the others.

    Iowa State is 4-3 right now, not 2-5. Big difference. No point in throwing in the towel. A lot of winnable games left too.
    Agreed. It doesn't seem like CPR has a problem with a QB race. I would wager he'd prefer there to be good competition coming into the season (or at least in the Spring)



  7. #7
    KFitzy87
    Guest

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    Just said "a" reason, not "the" reason. Like you, I have no idea what is going to happen.

    P.S. Care to comment in the other interesting thread this morning?
    Did I miss something?



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 13,987, Level: 35
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Amesboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    969
    Points
    13,987
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 203

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    ESPN CFB Nation "Another week, another shuffle"
    OCT 25 10:15 AM ET

    " ...Jared Barnett was replaced by Steele Jantz. Who takes over this week against Baylor? Whoever it is has to produce, or the Cyclones will get rolled against a powerful Bears offense. "


    Steele Jantz - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN




  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 408,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,141
    Points
    408,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 885
    Given: 624

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    I still expect to see JB to start with a change in first half if we happen to get two TDs down.

    JB controls the game better at the start. When we get down and must throw since our running game collapses, then SJ or SR may get the call. We all will know about 10:15 Saturday.

    I think there is room for two qbs on this team under the circumstances.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 150,104, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    CLONECONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    7,217
    Points
    150,104
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 12

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    I fully expect to see at least JB & SJ, if not SR as well.

    Make sure we get the guy with a sound head and solid arm for the rest of the game




    Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

    CLONECONES

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 31,717, Level: 54
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CykoAGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Waukee, IA
    Posts
    1,693
    Points
    31,717
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 181

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I disagree. Play the guy who gives you the best chance to win right now. Period. If that's Richardson, you play him. Same with the others.

    Iowa State is 4-3 right now, not 2-5. Big difference. No point in throwing in the towel. A lot of winnable games left too.

    I agree 100%. If Im CPR I play the QB that gives me the best shot to win this game, end of story. If thats Jantz then hand him the ball and pat him on the butt on the way to the huddle, same with JB and same with SR.

    ISU still has a legit shot to go bowling PLAY TO WIN (I absolutely think that this is what CPR and staff are already doing so Im 100% behind whomever they put out there).

    No matter who they play in this game or the rest of the season there will be a QB battle going into spring and fall ball. The ONLY way that I see this not happening is if SR actually gets to play and has remarkable success and even then I would assume its an open competition although it might be his to lose.


    “It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,329, Level: 80
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 721
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adventureland
    Posts
    4,882
    Points
    67,329
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 0

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    Steele Jantz will start.


    Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 164,684, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    12,405
    Points
    164,684
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 725
    Given: 1,127

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    A reason to not play Richardson now may be because you don't want to preempt the QB race for next year. If you think Rohach has a good shot to be our QB next year, you don't want to put him behind Richardson before they even get to Spring practice.
    What?



  14. #14
    Prospect
    Points: 2,114, Level: 12
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    13
    Points
    2,114
    Level
    12
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    A reason to not play Richardson now may be because you don't want to preempt the QB race for next year. If you think Rohach has a good shot to be our QB next year, you don't want to put him behind Richardson before they even get to Spring practice.
    Sorry, Cycsk, but that's not a reasonable argument.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 121,066, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,896
    Points
    121,066
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 520
    Given: 469

    Re: VLOG: No clue on QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by CyPull View Post
    Sorry, Cycsk, but that's not a reasonable argument.

    I was just putting something out there that I hadn't heard anywhere else . . . maybe because it is stupid.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM