Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 6

CBS Sports Top 50 Bigs and Top 50 Wings

No Cyclones listed. I really thought Clyburn might get in there, but not so far.

Bigs:
    CBSSports.com Top 50 big men - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and RPI Rankings

Wings:
    CBSSports.com Top 50 wings - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and RPI Rankings

Man, Missouri is going to kick butt in the SEC. Also, looks like UNLV will be a tough match-up.

-Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

Addict
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 114

Re: CBS Sports Top 50 Bigs and Top 50 Wings

Frank Haith is building a monster IMO

Also I really wish we would have gotten Oriakhi

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 971
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 0

going to be fun watching the tweets of the cbs guys making fun of each other later this year for not listing clyburn.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 873
    Given: 602

It's hard not to love this kid. His dad (who is also his coach) didn't even think he was good enough to play for him when he was at Iowa State. Now he's on everyone's All-American team. He's not a big-time athlete, but scores in all sorts of ways and also does a nice job on the glass. -- Jeff Goodman

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Legend
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 442
    Given: 315

Clyburn will get drafted yet doesn't make a top 50 list at his position. What's even better about these things are how high some true freshman are listed based of 0 playing time.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,119
    Given: 3,676

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    It's hard not to love this kid. His dad (who is also his coach) didn't even think he was good enough to play for him when he was at Iowa State. Now he's on everyone's All-American team. He's not a big-time athlete, but scores in all sorts of ways and also does a nice job on the glass. -- Jeff Goodman

Or, more accurately, he and his dad saw the writing on the wall and knew that Dad wouldn't be here for all of Junior's four years.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    Clyburn will get drafted yet doesn't make a top 50 list at his position. What's even better about these things are how high some true freshman are listed based of 0 playing time.
    you don't think there are freshman who are top50 at their positions?? lists that don't include freshman are the idiotic ones if you ask me. besides its just a list/guess. but its put together by legit guys, its not like they don't pay attention or do their research. if clyburn puts up 18 and 9 and is 1st team all-conf he'll get his due. if he does 13 and 6 he won't.

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 13

CBS sports is high. They list lucious as number 40 and don't list clyburn. What a bunch of morons

Starter
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 47

Quote Originally Posted by brokenloginagain View Post
    you don't think there are freshman who are top50 at their positions?? lists that don't include freshman are the idiotic ones if you ask me. besides its just a list/guess. but its put together by legit guys, its not like they don't pay attention or do their research. if clyburn puts up 18 and 9 and is 1st team all-conf he'll get his due. if he does 13 and 6 he won't.
    Your expectations are a wee bit high. There was only one guy that went 18 and 9 in the conference last year, and he went #5 in the NBA draft. Only 2 players averaged over 9 rebounds a game, and neither was a small forward...in fact those were also the only two players with more than 8 rebounds a game. While there were 15 guys that averaged over 13 points a game in the conference, there were only 4 that averaged over 18.

2011-12 Men's Basketball Conference Statistics - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

Rookie
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    Frank Haith is building a monster IMO

Also I really wish we would have gotten Oriakhi
    Disagree (sort of if they were in the Big 12 I think they'd struggle but SEC they might be good) and I think Ratliffe was better than Oriakhi. I dont think Pressey is as good as Denmon or English were. I take Anderson over Haith even though it worked out for them last year making the change since they underachieved big time in 10/11.

09/10 Missou team (seriously fun to watch) was the best one with Zaire Taylor JT Tiller Justin Safford and Bowers along with Dixon, English, and Denmon. I am not certain Keon Bell will be as good as those guys despite his numbers at Pepperdine, and Ross and Brown were nothing special at Oregon and Auby.

Oriaki was pretty dissapointing last year at UCONN.

That list of wings blows. Course its B1G biased DeShaun Thomas isn't the #2 wing he's a similar shooter to Evan Turner and doesn't have Turner's refined game. In person when the refs stole them the elite 8 game a few months ago I him mixed up with Sully repeatedly Sully was in ft and I kept thinking Thomas was him so he has a great body but his game is average. Mohammed has done nothing. Porter was far from dominant for GTown and despite being just like Jeff Green will probably never be as good. Adonis Thomas and McClemore have done nothing and crack the top 10...Hardaway and Robinson clearly on the list b/c of their last name (put freakin Juwan Howards crappy kid who transfered to Detroit from some other small school on it while you're at it) and as for the Indy guys neither of those scrubs could carry a healthy Mo Creek's jock. Healthy Mo Creek was 2x the player SHeahy and Oladipo are.

Top 5 IMO Snaer Franklin McGruder Young Kilpatrick. Durand Scott and Nash probably my next couple guys.

Big man list is OK. Tony Mitchell is the best can't wait to see him smack Dougie around November 9th. Probably would go Leslie #2. Sucks we don't play Creighton that would be a nice NC game I'd even have gone to Omaha to get a shot at them.

Last edited by SyracuseCyclone; 10-24-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 9

Was I the only one who saw the title of this thread hoping that it was a mix of basketball and actual wings. Instantly thought Buffalo wild wings.

Just saying, carry on with your basketball discussion.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,119
    Given: 3,676

Quote Originally Posted by CyberJJJ View Post
    Your expectations are a wee bit high. There was only one guy that went 18 and 9 in the conference last year, and he went #5 in the NBA draft. Only 2 players averaged over 9 rebounds a game, and neither was a small forward...in fact those were also the only two players with more than 8 rebounds a game. While there were 15 guys that averaged over 13 points a game in the conference, there were only 4 that averaged over 18.

2011-12 Men's Basketball Conference Statistics - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

That may be a bit high for an expectation, but remember that Fred challenged Will to lead the league in rebounding. I imagine part of it is that Fred knows how Clyburn is wired and he knows that he doesn't have to challenge him in the scoring part of his game. Fred sees something in his game and knows that with a little bit of emphasis on that part of his game he can go from being a decent rebounder to being a really good rebounder.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

just to clarify i have no idea what #'s clyburn will put up, just making the point that should he produce, he'll get his deserved recognition.