Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 63,866, Level: 78
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 984
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,937
    Points
    63,866
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8

    Juco visitor this weekend

    Tyler Community College Sophomore Daniel Edozie will be on an unofficial visit this weekend.

    Here are his rivals and ESPN profiles(couldn't find any high school profiles for him):

    Daniel Edozie - Yahoo! Sports

    Basketball Recruiting - Daniel Edozie - Player Profiles - ESPN

    Edozie is a 6'8 240 lb PF from Compton, California. He is originally from London but moved to California in middle school. He averaged 5 ppg and 5 rpg as a freshman at Tyler C.C. He is known for playing good defense and blocking shots.

    Here are his stats from last year:

    NJCAA | Colleges | Tyler Junior College | Basketball I | Daniel Edozie

    He verbally committed to Minnesota 3 weeks ago. Then 2 weeks ago there was a mutual agreement between Edozie and Minnesota that he should open up his recruitment again.

    In his high school career he was at 3 different high schools and was under the radar. Fresno State, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Washington and Idaho State were the schools recruiting him the hardest. Iowa State was recruiting him out of high school but did not offer.

    Before he verbally committed to Minnesota he said that Oregon and Oklahoma were showing interest in him but hadn't offered yet.

    He would be a Junior for the 2013-14 if we land him.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 161,847, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,472
    Points
    161,847
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 352

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Hmm, not good enough for MN, not sure I want. But I'll trust Fred.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 112,923, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    madcityCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,698
    Points
    112,923
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 116

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by nallen34 View Post
    Tyler Community College Sophomore Daniel Edozie will be on an unofficial visit this weekend.

    Here are his rivals and ESPN profiles(couldn't find any high school profiles for him):

    Daniel Edozie - Yahoo! Sports

    Basketball Recruiting - Daniel Edozie - Player Profiles - ESPN

    Edozie is a 6'8 240 lb PF from Compton, California. He is originally from London but moved to California in middle school. He averaged 5 ppg and 5 rpg as a freshman at Tyler C.C. He is known for playing good defense and blocking shots.

    Here are his stats from last year:

    NJCAA | Colleges | Tyler Junior College | Basketball I | Daniel Edozie

    He verbally committed to Minnesota 3 weeks ago. Then 2 weeks ago there was a mutual agreement between Edozie and Minnesota that he should open up his recruitment again.

    In his high school career he was at 3 different high schools and was under the radar. Fresno State, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Washington and Idaho State were the schools recruiting him the hardest. Iowa State was recruiting him out of high school but did not offer.

    Before he verbally committed to Minnesota he said that Oregon and Oklahoma were showing interest in him but hadn't offered yet.

    He would be a Junior for the 2013-14 if we land him.
    you should mention who you heard this from.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 63,866, Level: 78
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 984
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,937
    Points
    63,866
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by madcityCY View Post
    you should mention who you heard this from.
    First reported by Travis Hines of the Tribune. Then Recruit Lists. All the other information i gathered from researching him through 5-10 different articles on Google.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 65,392, Level: 79
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,058
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arrowheaddrive.com
    Posts
    4,617
    Points
    65,392
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 0

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    I'd say its pretty common for Jucos to not get those offers after HS, but improve. I could be wrong, but I don't think all jucos are kids who couldn't make grades.


    Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 38,850, Level: 60
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cydar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,101
    Points
    38,850
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 219

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by nallen34 View Post
    First reported by Travis Hines of the Tribune. Then Recruit Lists. All the other information i gathered from researching him through 5-10 different articles on Google.
    A pair visiting ISU this weekend | Ames Tribune



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 421,759, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10,646
    Points
    421,759
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    Hmm, not good enough for MN, not sure I want. But I'll trust Fred.
    This could be a case of Minnesota landing or close to landing a bigger recruit and decided to bank this for either him or the 2014 class. I like the idea of a big body that has great defense. Exactly what we need, got enough scorers around him.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 93,814, Level: 95
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,236
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,633
    Points
    93,814
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 38

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    This could be a case of Minnesota landing or close to landing a bigger recruit and decided to bank this for either him or the 2014 class. I like the idea of a big body that has great defense. Exactly what we need, got enough scorers around him.
    This. It's all about matching up needs at this point. For ISU, we'll have a pretty stocked backcourt with Naz, SDW, Thomas, Monte along with either Bubu or Maurice Jones to play the 1-2 positions.

    Wings of Hogue and Okoro, plus sometimes Ejim.

    We'll have plenty of front court scoring by Niang, Ejim and Percy. Then you add guys like Armardi and Edozie as bruisers that can rebound and defend in the paint.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 253,598, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,408
    Points
    253,598
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 384
    Given: 348

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Edozie is an underwhelming target. As mentioned, he may just be a puzzle piece but if GMac were still here we'd be up in arms over a guy like that. Fred has earned the benefit of the doubt.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 93,814, Level: 95
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,236
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,633
    Points
    93,814
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 38

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    Edozie is an underwhelming target. As mentioned, he may just be a puzzle piece but if GMac were still here we'd be up in arms over a guy like that. Fred has earned the benefit of the doubt.
    With Gmac, we'd be counting on this guy starting, averaging 30+min/game and leading our post scoring, because all of our other post players would be transferring.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 253,598, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,408
    Points
    253,598
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 384
    Given: 348

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Thomas and Morris will be here as well



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 63,866, Level: 78
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 984
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,937
    Points
    63,866
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    Thomas and Morris will be here as well
    I heard just Morris. Where did you hear Thomas?



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 55,041, Level: 72
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AlleyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,608
    Points
    55,041
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Straight+Outta+Compton+straightouttacompton.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	15913



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 112,923, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    madcityCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,698
    Points
    112,923
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 116

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by nallen34 View Post
    I heard just Morris. Where did you hear Thomas?
    I'm going to assume the exchange that Thomas and Morris shared on twitter led him to assume that. Thomas said "he'd be there on Sat"



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 63,866, Level: 78
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 984
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,937
    Points
    63,866
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8

    Re: Juco visitor this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by madcityCY View Post
    I'm going to assume the exchange that Thomas and Morris shared on twitter led him to assume that. Thomas said "he'd be there on Sat"
    Very nice. Thanks.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM