Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 9,774, Level: 29
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    ISU1294's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    447
    Points
    9,774
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 42

    Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    So what are everyones plans for this week being that it is the 100th Homecoming at Iowa State?



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 101,877, Level: 99
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,173
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Senolcyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,206
    Points
    101,877
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 25

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU1294 View Post
    So what are everyones plans for this week being that it is the 100th Homecoming at Iowa State?

    Unless you're a Greek, is homecoming any different than any other home football weekend for students? It wasn't in my day. Drink a little pre-game, go to game, drink a lot post-game. Nothing special about it.

    As an adult, I'll get back to games when my schedule allows. Doesn't matter if its homecoming or not. Do people really still specifically pick that weekend to go to a game above others as if it's special in some way? Can't relate.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 42,993, Level: 64
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,257
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    JY07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,214
    Points
    42,993
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 61

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    are they doing anything worthwhile friday night?



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 85,240, Level: 90
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,292
    Points
    85,240
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 385
    Given: 51

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    is there anything going on?



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 57,284, Level: 74
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    MissouriCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,195
    Points
    57,284
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    Unless you're a Greek, is homecoming any different than any other home football weekend for students? It wasn't in my day. Drink a little pre-game, go to game, drink a lot post-game. Nothing special about it.

    As an adult, I'll get back to games when my schedule allows. Doesn't matter if its homecoming or not. Do people really still specifically pick that weekend to go to a game above others as if it's special in some way? Can't relate.

    Yeah, as a student there is really no difference between any other weekend. My upstairs neighbors are drinking all week which is annoying at 8pm-2 am on a Sunday and Monday. Damn sophomores....


    Last edited by MissouriCyclone; 10-23-2012 at 12:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Walk On
    Points: 8,157, Level: 27
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    dzmetcalf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    216
    Points
    8,157
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    Just heard that welch is doing an FAC event, live music/beer garden 3-7pm friday afternoon, other than that just have a ton of additional people coming back for the tailgate/game



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 22,814, Level: 46
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 736
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cybirdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,167
    Points
    22,814
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 495
    Given: 818

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    Events & Tickets - Iowa State University Alumni Association

    The Alumni Association has a Pep Rally and celebration at the Alumni Center Friday night as well as the FAC in Campustown. Also a concert at Hilton Friday night and pancakes, mass campaniling and fireworks on central campus. The butter sculptor from the State Fair is making a butter Cy that is on display at Kildee all week.

    Other campus groups have reunions that weekend. There will be close to 250 members of the Alumni Marching Band marching on Sat, they also have a social event on Friday.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 54,272, Level: 72
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,278
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,093
    Points
    54,272
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 1,069

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    Quote Originally Posted by MissouriCyclone View Post
    Yeah, as a student there is really no difference between any other weekend. My upstairs neighbors are drinking all week which is annoying at 8pm-2 am on a Sunday and Monday. Damn sophomores....
    Did you forget the jimlad?

    Haha, honestly there were certain weeks while I was in college when I'd consume a lot of booze (didn't matter if I was a freshman or senior). Homecoming week was definitely enough of a reason. College is supposed to be fun!



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 103,711, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Boxerdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Beaverdale, IA
    Posts
    2,947
    Points
    103,711
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 139

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tailg8er View Post
    Did you forget the jimlad?

    Haha, honestly there were certain weeks while I was in college when I'd consume a lot of booze (didn't matter if I was a freshman or senior). Homecoming week was definitely enough of a reason. College is supposed to be fun!
    You should post more....just don't forget the avatar.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 57,286, Level: 74
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,264
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cy4prez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,766
    Points
    57,286
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 88

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    Don't forget to be at Welch just after midnight on Friday! Band will be all over the place for bar fights!


    KCCO



    Follow me on Twitter: @mjballman20

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 57,284, Level: 74
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    MissouriCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,195
    Points
    57,284
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tailg8er View Post
    Did you forget the jimlad?

    Haha, honestly there were certain weeks while I was in college when I'd consume a lot of booze (didn't matter if I was a freshman or senior). Homecoming week was definitely enough of a reason. College is supposed to be fun!
    Not when you have 2 tests. One of which you need to pass and if you get lower than a C- in the same class you don't graduate. I understand having a good time later on in the week and that's cool. **** I'll even be out for mug night and maybe Wednesday. However, Sunday is a little much. I'm sure if you ask 95% of the student population they would say there is no difference between homecoming and a regular week.



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 14,710, Level: 36
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    444
    Points
    14,710
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    Quote Originally Posted by MissouriCyclone View Post
    Not when you have 2 tests. One of which you need to pass and if you get lower than a C- in the same class you don't graduate. I understand having a good time later on in the week and that's cool. **** I'll even be out for mug night and maybe Wednesday. However, Sunday is a little much. I'm sure if you ask 95% of the student population they would say there is no difference between homecoming and a regular week.
    Well 10-15% of ISU is Greek so thats incorrect. Plus all the on-campus stuff and a much larger number alumni coming back.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 57,284, Level: 74
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    MissouriCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,195
    Points
    57,284
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    Quote Originally Posted by ksclone2 View Post
    Well 10-15% of ISU is Greek so thats incorrect. Plus all the on-campus stuff and a much larger number alumni coming back.
    Thanks for correcting me on that. Next time someone asks me what the percentage of greek students at ISU I'll tell them the truth. Until then I'll continue not giving a ****.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 131,646, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,781
    Points
    131,646
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 798
    Given: 653

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    Yell Like Hell!



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 203,042, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,133
    Points
    203,042
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,828
    Given: 704

    Re: Homecoming 2012 "Cytennial"

    Homecoming = for Greeks

    VEISHEA = for everyone

    Just another weekend here for me...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM