Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 32

Saturday's Attendance?

any idea how many people we can expect on saturday for isu vs. unlv?

i know i'm excited to be at this one, hope we perform well!

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 205
    I sure hope we'll be able to sellout. It's a night game and it's supposed to be nice weather so there aren't any excuses for having a single empty seat in the house. I would be very disappointed if it wasn't a sellout.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    if it aint a sellout then our fan base is just undeticated and will show to people like jamie pollard that we are interested in just being mediocre and not going to the next level. It just angers me that we arent selling out every game considering our stadium has the lowest capacity in the big 12...so go buy a friggen ticket please...and lets put up 50 on unlv

ISU ROCKS!!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    To be completely honest... we have a pretty small state that has two major football teams (sorry UNI) splitting the fan base... where as a team like Nebraska gets a larger state all to itself... so I'm not expecting a sell out... considering I expect very few people to be flyin in from Las Vegas... but I think all home games after this... we need to be fillin the stadium!

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 8
    They left a LOT of seats for the Toledo fan base open, and I think that more or less takes a good chunk out of the total attendance when the opposing team's fan base brings about 25 people to the game.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 29
    We all thought that the Toledo game was going to more than a sellout but we got dissapointed by a lot. Until the Big XII season starts I am not expecting any sellouts. I would love to have sellouts. Everyone thought that the student section would not be sold out but guess what we did our job and now its time for all of the alumni to do theirs.

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    to be fair, althought nebraska is larger than Iowa area-wise, it has about a million less people than Iowa, and that's the only team they have.... people freaking drive from Scottsbluff and Chardron to Lincoln, and any road trip for an Iowan even from it's corners to Ames is much less. I've seen numbers on how many ISU alumni live in the central Iowa, which I believe was in the tens of thousands. You'd think JTS could hit 50k consistently now that we are at least competitive in the Big12 compared to when I was at ISU (mid 90s).

I'll do my part wearing the cardinal and gold in Austin and Boulder this year.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,248
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 1
    Its all about winning. How hard do you think it would be to find a seat if we were 7-0 or 6-1, ranked anywhere from 7th-12th and were playing at home next Saturday on ABC???
    We need to get more fans there, but we also got to remember that a person can only get kicked in the junk some many times before they decide to stay home with the family on non-big time games. I will be there, but I am just looking at the bandwagon side of things.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 8
    That's interesting you should suggest that we need bandwagon fans, but you're probably right. A lot of fans start out as bandwagoners, and eventually start to solidify into "true" fans that stick with the team through thick and thin. Fan support is caused by the excitement in winning.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 426
    Given: 181
    Personally, what I'm tired of are people who make excuses for why we can't fill a 49,000 seat stadium.

I get sick of well it was a Thursday night, it was Thanksgiving weekend, blah blah blah...

Bottom line is that we need to fill up the stadium each and every week. Football revenue drives our entire athletic budget.

Walk On
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    In August 2002, we had our home opener against Kansas, winning 45-3. That game drew 40,026 people. This was after taking #3 Florida State down to the wire the week prior in Kansas City (a game that drew 55,132).

A similar amount showed up for the next week's game against Tenn Tech (40,155).

After beating Iowa in Iowa City, and becoming ranked at #21, we drew 44,896 against Troy State.

Now sitting at 4-1 and ranked #19, we drew 51,888 against Nebraska -- the 6th largest crowd since 1990.

Two weeks later (we had a bye week), we bring in 51,842 to see #11 Iowa State play Texas Tech -- the 7th largest crowd since 1990. This is also the largest crowd to see a game not involving Nebraska or Iowa since 1982.

By November, we were 6-3, ranked #22, and drew 44,339 against Missouri.

Three weeks later, we were 7-5, unranked, and only 34,582 came to Senior Day against UCONN.

Does winning/losing affect attendance?

All in one season.

BillyClone

Starter
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I think you have to look at the big picture. Who are filling the seats? Season ticket holders? Yes, more than ever before. Young families, yes more than ever before.

Winning games doesn't hurt attendance but it doesn't necessarily garuntee sell outs. Take Iowa for instance they went 7-5 last year, same as us and this was the first time in recent years that ALL games were sell outs at 70,000. It's not ALL about winning games it's more about the hype and marketing. I think we're just now turning the corner on hype and marketing and it will take years to see the overall effect of that.

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    If we are able to establish a winning tradition and defeating the teams that we should overcome (kansas, Missouri, Baylor)...the marginal wagon hoppers will start to come and fill out the remaining seating...that is what we are currently missing

Rookie
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 32
    I guess if we cant sell out games then the fans that are going to be there will just have to be that much louder. I found it interesting that JP had people comming up to him saying that it was as loud and energetic of a crowd as they could remember for a game against Toledo. Especially considering when we have games like Iowa and Nebraska. U wouldnt typically think a team like Toledo would be a game where the crowd was that loud and energetic... If we are that energetic for the Toledo game... just wait for some other bigger games later this year. Could ge a great atmosphere despite selling out the seats.