SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 45

My post game DM Juice write up

Juice blogs » The Cyclones

Crazy Day at Jack Trice

Well it wasn’t confusing to the point of a defensive tackle attempting the game tying field goal, but the ending of today’s Iowa State/Colorado game left many scratching their heads and not sure if they should leave or stick around. When the dust had cleared and the officials had huddled, rehuddled, and still didn’t seem sure how to explain themselves, the Cyclones had escaped with a 31-28 come from behind win.
    If you left at halftime and didn’t make it back for the second half, you are probably just now realizing that ISU came out on top, as they fell behind 21-0 at the half. They came out with guns blazing in the third quarter to tie it up at 21, and eventually took a 31-21 lead in the 4th quarter on an Alexander Robinson touchdown run.
    At that point we looked well in control, but like most of the Colorado games past, this one got interesting. Scotty McKnight hauled in a 9 yard pass from quarterback Cody Hawkins to cut it to three with 2:40 to go, and after 2 runs ISU faced a 3rd and long with a decision to make with 1:30 left. They opted to run the ball and get it down under 1 minute for the Buffs with no timeouts left.
    It got even more dicey when Colorado marched downfield and got to 3rd and 2 from the 35 with time ticking away. They passed short of the 1st down to make it 4th and 1, but more importantly the clock kept running. The kicking team was forced to run onto the field as the clock neared zero, and they snapped it before their offense had gotten off the field and before the official had signaled the play clock, with kicker Kevin Eberhart putting one through from 51 as the clock showed 0:00.
    After the officials got together, they announced that it was a delay of game on the offense. Incredibly, they allowed CU to attempt it again, but the crowd made it difficult for them to hear the whistle and snap count and the final second ticked off before they could snap it, although Eberhart put another bomb through, this time from 56 yards deep. Once more the officials huddled, and finally came out to announce that the game was over before the ball was snapped, the crowd cheered, and the students poured onto the field for the second game in a row.
    Granted it was only our third win of the season, but after consecutive Big 12 wins I don’t think it can be argued that Coach Chizik has this team looking exponentially better each week. I’m going to go out on a limb and say we surprise a lot of people next week and at least hang with Kansas. Win or lose, there should be some major excitement in Cyclone country leading into next year with the improvement we’ve shown. Now let’s get behind these guys as they head down to Lawrence with some spoiling on their minds!

Last edited by tigershoops31; 11-11-2007 at 10:45 AM.

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,291
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

Re: My post game DM Juice write up

Quote Originally Posted by tigershoops31 View Post
    Granted it was only our third win in a row,

Nice write-up, this is the only mistake I found. It's our third win of the season, second in a row.

Addict
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,417
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 45

Re: My post game DM Juice write up

Quote Originally Posted by cstrunk View Post
    Nice write-up, this is the only mistake I found. It's our third win of the season, second in a row.
    Thanks...I'm not sure how I missed that one!

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43