Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 53,476, Level: 71
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Daserop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    3,594
    Points
    53,476
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 453
    Given: 488

    Big East & the BCS

    I noticed that there were 3 Big East teams (Rutgers, Cincy, and Louisville) in the current BCS rankings and all 3 are undefeated. I decided to take a look all three of their schedules and see who they have played. All I can say is wow! Taking into account all the teams those 3 schools have played (and defeated) only 1 (North Carolina) has a winning record. All the other schools have a losing record.

    I realized that the Big East was bad but never thought it was that bad.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 295,464, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    17,171
    Points
    295,464
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,311
    Given: 456

    Re: Big East & the BCS

    It will be interesting to see what happens if one of those teams runs the table, and is the lone undefeated team other then Alabama.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 81,198, Level: 88
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bigman38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Posts
    6,422
    Points
    81,198
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,078
    Given: 1,184

    Re: Big East & the BCS

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens if one of those teams runs the table, and is the lone undefeated team other then Alabama.
    Unless there is a lot of teams that collapse none of them will ever make the NC game.


    "But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

    "I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 295,464, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    17,171
    Points
    295,464
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,311
    Given: 456

    Re: Big East & the BCS

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman38 View Post
    Unless there is a lot of teams that collapse none of them will ever make the NC game.
    You're probably right, but If Rutgers runs the table, they could be in the Top 5 in BCS come Conference Championship weekend. As the Big East does not play a CCG, they would be in a great position depending on how those games went that weekend.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 81,198, Level: 88
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bigman38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Posts
    6,422
    Points
    81,198
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,078
    Given: 1,184

    Re: Big East & the BCS

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    You're probably right, but If Rutgers runs the table, they could be in the Top 5 in BCS come Conference Championship weekend. As the Big East does not play a CCG, they would be in a great position depending on how those games went that weekend.
    I used to think that TCU and Boise State could get in the NC but now I think that no matter what the voters will find some way to put teams like Rutgers(if they run the table) in the #3 position.


    "But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

    "I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 295,464, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    17,171
    Points
    295,464
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,311
    Given: 456

    Re: Big East & the BCS

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman38 View Post
    I used to think that TCU and Boise State could get in the NC but now I think that no matter what the voters will find some way to put teams like Rutgers(if they run the table) in the #3 position.
    Agree. A LOT would have to happen, but its possible.

    On an unrelated note, man there are some freaking awesome games scheduled during Thanksgiving weekend. That should be a huge weekend for the BCS... NCAA College Football Scores, College Football Scores, NCAA Football Scoreboard and Results - ESPN



  7. #7
    Walk On
    Points: 9,589, Level: 29
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    166
    Points
    9,589
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Big East & the BCS

    They are still better and a tougher league than the big 10.


    Quote Originally Posted by Daserop View Post
    I noticed that there were 3 Big East teams (Rutgers, Cincy, and Louisville) in the current BCS rankings and all 3 are undefeated. I decided to take a look all three of their schedules and see who they have played. All I can say is wow! Taking into account all the teams those 3 schools have played (and defeated) only 1 (North Carolina) has a winning record. All the other schools have a losing record.

    I realized that the Big East was bad but never thought it was that bad.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 295,464, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    17,171
    Points
    295,464
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,311
    Given: 456

    Re: Big East & the BCS

    Quote Originally Posted by bgclone View Post
    They are still better and a tougher league than the big 10.
    Debatable.



  9. #9
    Walk On
    Points: 9,589, Level: 29
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    166
    Points
    9,589
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Big East & the BCS

    it was a joke but sad that they have fallen that far that it is debatable.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 335,242, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14,968
    Points
    335,242
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,975
    Given: 3,460

    Re: Big East & the BCS

    Well, an 8-4 Big East whooped beat our big, bad, B12 ***** pretty solidly last year.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 484,968, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,866
    Points
    484,968
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,183
    Given: 249

    Re: Big East & the BCS

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    Debatable.
    I would disagree. At least right now.

    Never thought I'd say that about a WVU-less Big East.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 41,911, Level: 63
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,039
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BloodyBuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,622
    Points
    41,911
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 31

    Re: Big East & the BCS

    Just another reason that a playoff can't get here soon enough.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM