Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Exclamation Let's Calm Down a Little Bit...

Less than 24 hours after Colorado and I'm already seeing many people talking about beating Kansas next week.

Don't get me wrong...I was at the game yesterday, and it was awesome. The last time I was excited about us being 3-8 was 1998, and after a slight improvement in '99, I seem to remember that we weren't too bad for a few years. I can see us doing the same thing and even better over the next couple of years.

I'd love a win against Kansas, but realistically I just don't see it happening. I don't think they're going to be looking past us. Mangino doesn't seem like he's the type of guy who's going to let his players look past a team that has won two straight and wants to play spoiler.

I hope I'm wrong. I WANT to be wrong. I bet against us on CyBookie yesterday and was wrong, and I couldn't be happier.

I'm not saying...I'm just saying.

Starter
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 11

Re: Let's Calm Down a Little Bit...

I've watched them play three times this year, and they certainly are no fluke. They've got a wide receiver equal to Blythe in Marcus Henry, a QB who is very, very good at buying time to throw with his feet, and a solid running game. Also a good front line. They rarely turn the ball over, and lead the nation in kickoff returns, and are close to the top in least penalty yards. They're good at a lot of the little things.

I personally think we'll have a hard time keeping up, points-wise. I anticipate they'll score 40-45 points against us, and i don't think we can match that with our offense currently. We need some kind of fluke, like turnovers, to help us out a bit. The key is, i think, to hang with them for a half. If we can do that, you never know what will happen.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 177
    Given: 213

I'm excited right now, but don't expect to beat Kansas.

It is a possibility...but less than a 20% chance.

I'm hoping that minor chance comes through. :)

Addict
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,276
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 101

Quote Originally Posted by dustinal View Post
    Less than 24 hours after Colorado and I'm already seeing many people talking about beating Kansas next week.

Don't get me wrong...I was at the game yesterday, and it was awesome. The last time I was excited about us being 3-8 was 1998, and after a slight improvement in '99, I seem to remember that we weren't too bad for a few years. I can see us doing the same thing and even better over the next couple of years.

I'd love a win against Kansas, but realistically I just don't see it happening. I don't think they're going to be looking past us. Mangino doesn't seem like he's the type of guy who's going to let his players look past a team that has won two straight and wants to play spoiler.

I hope I'm wrong. I WANT to be wrong. I bet against us on CyBookie yesterday and was wrong, and I couldn't be happier.

I'm not saying...I'm just saying.
    How about firing up a little bit and believing. KU could be overlooking us, we are certainly not the team that played Texas anymore after the last 4 games, and I absolutely believe we can beat Kansas. You people that don't see we have a chance need to quit being the cyclone fans of the last 30 years and realized things changed 4 games ago and we will compete. I am packing my bags and will be present...I encourage all true cyclone fans to do the same. This is better than a bowl game, this is a shot at a BCS top 5 program. Beat them and we are on the front of every sports page in the country...except maybe in the rag where Iowa over Western Michigan would be on the front. We will be buried on page 5 in black and white with a photo of Troy Davis or something from 10 years ago.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 37

The one thing KU has that we do not is a great corner. They are going to have Taliq Azid on Blythe all day, so the other guys are really going to have to step up. But hey, this is our bowl game now.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    But hey, this is our bowl game now.
    So that means Shaggy is going to hit 5 field goals???

Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 28

We need a major time of possession advantage, +2 in TO, line of scrimmage domination, and no stupid mistakes to even consider being within 10pts IMO.

I think we'll play with heart, but I don't see our front 4 putting pressure on the QB and I see them picking us apart.

I'll say 52-24.

Walk On
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

People who think we can beat KU have not seen them play this year. If we just stay within a few TDs I will be pretty happy.

They will steamroll everyone they can to promote their BCS chances. Dont be shocked if they put up 50+

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

They are a very beatable team, and we have nothing to lose by predicting a win.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,316
    Given: 639

I agree that noone should be upset if Kansas beats us handily. However, this is truly an awesome opportunity, and really equates to a bowl game for our guys.

Starter
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 1

KU is Beatable

ISU is hitting them at a good time, I'm sure the KC media will be much more focused on the Mizzou game than ISU - maybe the players will do the same.

That said, the more I see KU play the more I am impressed. Their offense is very good and their QB just makes plays. However, I have been more impressed with their defense. They are fast and hit hard. For ISU to win we will need to play for 60 minutes like we did in the 2nd half against CU plus we will need to get some breaks.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

lets go out...no playing conservative...pull out a couple trick plays and make some noise...a good game against Kansas means season ticket sales through the roof for next year

ISU ROCKS!!!!

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Even if we lose handily I expect to see season ticket sales rasie considerably

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    How about firing up a little bit and believing. KU could be overlooking us, we are certainly not the team that played Texas anymore after the last 4 games, and I absolutely believe we can beat Kansas. You people that don't see we have a chance need to quit being the cyclone fans of the last 30 years and realized things changed 4 games ago and we will compete. I am packing my bags and will be present...I encourage all true cyclone fans to do the same. This is better than a bowl game, this is a shot at a BCS top 5 program. Beat them and we are on the front of every sports page in the country...except maybe in the rag where Iowa over Western Michigan would be on the front. We will be buried on page 5 in black and white with a photo of Troy Davis or something from 10 years ago.
    As I said, I'm very happy and excited that we won yesterday and last week, and I believe we are a better team now than we were against Texas and before then. I'm just seeing a lot of people (including at least two who've responded in this thread already) saying that Kansas is going to look past us, and I don't think that's going to happen.

Again, I want to be wrong. If I am, I'll be the first to admit it. I see great things happening for us over the next few years, and I believe that we're laying the foundation for that right now. But I don't see us beating the No. 4 team in the country on their home turf...yet. In the coming years, who knows?

All-Star
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 7

I expect to see the 'exotics' come out. I think there's a chance to win, albeit a slim one. But in the end I won't be surprised it's a Missouri-esque game where we actually put a few points on the board, but can't score enough to keep up with their offense.

"95% of all quotes posted on Facebook are either made up or mistakenly attributed to someone famous." - Albert Einstien