Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Woody

Found out White was out and was hoping to see him on the field a bunch. If he is still hurt why is he playing in certain situations? Shontrelle was not effective at all. Just don't understand why he isn't seeing more carries. Any ideas?

Addict
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 85

Re: Woody

especially in rain. i was expecting the power run game.

This is Ophion speaking.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 763
    Given: 43

Shontrelle got happy feet. Woody had our only decent designed run, the rest of our good runs came off broken plays.

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 50

I thought the same thing. I suspect that Woody is still bothered by whatever began ailing him in the Tulsa game, so they are reserving him for short-yardage situations only. I think he could have been a lot more effective than SJ today. Don't know what is up with SJ, but he just doesn't seem to be as effective as White or Woody so far this year.

Recruit
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MIClone View Post
    I thought the same thing. I suspect that Woody is still bothered by whatever began ailing him in the Tulsa game, so they are reserving him for short-yardage situations only. I think he could have been a lot more effective than SJ today. Don't know what is up with SJ, but he just doesn't seem to be as effective as White or Woody so far this year.
    I think White is by far our best all around back, big lose with him out today. Shontrelle is not good at running between th tackles. I would of liked to see Woody more on first and 2nd down to get those tough yards. I think you can also use him as lead blocker for Barnett with a team that is struggling to run.

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 50

In the coming weeks, I'd like to see more of the dual backs (SJ and Woody or SJ and Nealy), until White returns.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 2

Woody met a brick wall out of our end zone, and a play later in the game as well, not sure there were many yards to get there.

I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

Addict
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 85

90 carries last year. 14 this year. boo!!!

This is Ophion speaking.

Rookie
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 44

Shontrelle was not effective at all.
    Shontrelle on passing plays rolled out when JB had time and was wide open for a dunk pass 4-5 times though KSU picked up on it in second half JB totally blew it.

was nice to see woody good,healthy and productive

Cause the moon told me to and its watching us right now

“independent studies” have concluded that humans are actually genetically linked to sheep more so than primates. Baaaaa.

Prospect
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

Jeff was able and ready to play. Just to throw some info out here that others might not be aware of....the person responsible for picking the rb who plays each play is Pope. Not Mess or Head coach. Jeff feels frustrated because he gets put in for a play....makes positive yards, and instead of being able to stay in to contribute on another play, pope takes him out and puts in another back. There is nothing that Jeff cant do that the other backs can do. Jeff has been labeled a short yardage back, but he can run with the best of them. I, and others do not understand that fact that when shontrell is put in this year, and consistently shows that he doesnt gain any yards, or is to small to block, why he is left in there to do another, and another play(s)....all with the same result, OR he fumbles the ball. If you watch sj, he skips around in the backfield to much before he picks a hole. With jeff, the linemen create the hole as designed, and jeff can punch his way through. There is not enough time in this league to be bouncing around looking for a hole. Someone is going to grab you from the side if you wait to long.
    With all that said, Jeff is as frustrated as the rest of you with him not getting the reps during the game. I have told him that he needs to consistently be standing by Pope, and be there when they need him. Be the one in which they can always depend on.

All-Star
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 878
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepop View Post
    Jeff was able and ready to play. Just to throw some info out here that others might not be aware of....the person responsible for picking the rb who plays each play is Pope. Not Mess or Head coach. Jeff feels frustrated because he gets put in for a play....makes positive yards, and instead of being able to stay in to contribute on another play, pope takes him out and puts in another back. There is nothing that Jeff cant do that the other backs can do. Jeff has been labeled a short yardage back, but he can run with the best of them. I, and others do not understand that fact that when shontrell is put in this year, and consistently shows that he doesnt gain any yards, or is to small to block, why he is left in there to do another, and another play(s)....all with the same result, OR he fumbles the ball. If you watch sj, he skips around in the backfield to much before he picks a hole. With jeff, the linemen create the hole as designed, and jeff can punch his way through. There is not enough time in this league to be bouncing around looking for a hole. Someone is going to grab you from the side if you wait to long.
    With all that said, Jeff is as frustrated as the rest of you with him not getting the reps during the game. I have told him that he needs to consistently be standing by Pope, and be there when they need him. Be the one in which they can always depend on.
    Thanks for the update. You can tell when Jeff is on the sideline and they are deciding what back to put in he is just scratching and clawing to get out there, I love that fire, but I wish he was getting the snaps he deserves. I can completely understand his frustration, he is much more than a short down back.

It has been disappointing to see the amount of snaps he has gotten this year.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 56

What frustrates me is why can't we adjust to this mid game.. See sj is struggling and just try giving woody more carries..

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Quote Originally Posted by MrApathy View Post
    Shontrelle on passing plays rolled out when JB had time and was wide open for a dunk pass 4-5 times though KSU picked up on it in second half JB totally blew it.

was nice to see woody good,healthy and productive
    I'm sure it had nothing to do with SJ getting held by a defender. Go watch the replay. That one is not on JB.

All-Star
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6

I feel his pain. SJ just wouldn't cut up field. He was determined to run around the edge. SJ was probably a better decision as an outlet to those blitzes on pass plays but didn't block very well when they held him in there. I would have loved to see Jeff Woody pounding between the tackles a few times on that second to last drive near midfield, but I'm old-school football. Tell him to hang in there. His day is coming.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Your son is a great athlete and a Cyclone fan-favorite. He will always be remembered for 3 straight dominating runs to finish off Oklahoma State.

I do believe he is worthy of more opportunities. Having said that, I don't understand the need to put down SJ. He also is a great running back and is worthy of the opportunities he gets. He didn't run well yesterday, but neither did anyone else. I think Woody's style was a bit better suited against KSU but there is no telling if he would have faired better. Our running game right now is very anemic as the line just isn't opening holes and teams are ganging up to stop it.

ISU has a good problem right now, with 3-4 very capable running backs. Not everyone is always going to get the opportunites they may deserve - but that doesn't mean the other backs should get put down.