Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 51,472, Level: 70
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,078
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    isukendall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    1,845
    Points
    51,472
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 56

    TCU fan attendance

    I'm hoping there's a few TCU fans still lurking here after the game.

    I just wanted to say thanks for the hospitality. I didn't have one problem with any of your fans, everyone was very friendly and welcoming. We tailgated and played washers with a lot of your fans, and had a great time. The stadium was super cool and beautiful, as was the campus.

    All of that said, I was severely disappointed in the attendance at the stadium. I kept hearing that it was a sold out game, but there were empty seats all over the place. I started out in the nosebleeds, about 15 rows from the top, and kept working my way closer during the game. Watched the fourth quarter from about 15 rows from the ground, in the south end zone.

    With it being the Big XII home opener, as a ranked team, in a televised game, I can't believe that there were so many open seats. It was certainly cold by Texas standards, but c'mon. I told TCU fans that were complaining about the weather that their team will have a rude awakening when they have to travel to Ames or Manhattan in November.

    Overall we had a blast, but to have so many open seats in a successful Texas program is inexcusable IMO. Hopefully this improves over time, but with it being more difficult to win games, hard to tell what will happen.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 483,861, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,007
    Points
    483,861
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 307
    Given: 87

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    Baylor is the same way (maybe even worse) and their fans are total jackwagons. I thought the showing by TCU fans was really weak, but the fans who were there (outside of their students, who are awful) were great. We were treated really well, and had a damn blast tailgating.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 72,870, Level: 83
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    TheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,098
    Points
    72,870
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    I had a great time. We didnt really know what to expect but the hospitality at the tailgate was outstanding.I had the biggest,best tasting T-bone I've ever had in my life.Plus...it was free.The food scene as a whole was amazing and quite tasty.


    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 19,062, Level: 42
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CY9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    812
    Points
    19,062
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    Looks as though there was a strong Cyclone contingent there...all that matters!



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 9,449, Level: 29
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Posts
    352
    Points
    9,449
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    Was a good cyclone showing. TCU people around me were saying they were on break so a fair number of students weren't there. None the less I don't think it was enough to fill the stadium. Beautiful renovation though.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 41,912, Level: 63
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,038
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,271
    Points
    41,912
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 187
    Given: 75

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    I guess their is just something about poor attendance and certain private schools. Look at Baylor, TCU, and Northwestern.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 854,374, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    54,898
    Points
    854,374
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,179
    Given: 1,038

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    You'd think fans everywhere would show up just to be part of the Paul Rhoads Experience.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 85,395, Level: 90
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Ciclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    2,915
    Points
    85,395
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 96

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Luth4Cy View Post
    I guess their is just something about poor attendance and certain private schools. Look at Baylor, TCU, and Northwestern.
    In fairness, their enrollments (especially undergraduate) aren't that large.


    "I'm the one who knocks."

  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 14,910, Level: 37
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 740
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cypwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Amekeny
    Posts
    941
    Points
    14,910
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 45

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    TCU has by far the smallest enrollment in the Big 12 at 9,142, that is smaller then UNI, I am sure this has a lot to with attendance numbers.



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 17,116, Level: 39
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    898
    Points
    17,116
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypwr View Post
    TCU has by far the smallest enrollment in the Big 12 at 9,142, that is smaller then UNI, I am sure this has a lot to with attendance numbers.
    Then why would they have such a large stadium? I was really shocked when watching on TV and saw all of the empty seats all over the place.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 97,419, Level: 97
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,878
    Points
    97,419
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 27

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by moforisu View Post
    Then why would they have such a large stadium? I was really shocked when watching on TV and saw all of the empty seats all over the place.
    because they like money, and unlike half our fanbase they know that you build for your largest crowds, not your smallest.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 50,762, Level: 69
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AirWalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,723
    Points
    50,762
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by moforisu View Post
    Then why would they have such a large stadium? I was really shocked when watching on TV and saw all of the empty seats all over the place.
    It's not that large of a stadium... I think its official capacity is around 44,000, and that's with it in its current horseshoe shape. It's a great looking stadium, but it's definitely not huge.


    Go Sssssssssyclones!

  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 17,116, Level: 39
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    898
    Points
    17,116
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    because they like money, and unlike half our fanbase they know that you build for your largest crowds, not your smallest.
    Quote Originally Posted by moforisu View Post
    Then why would they have such a large stadium? I was really shocked when watching on TV and saw all of the empty seats all over the place.
    Would agree, some here think we need to have 20,000 setting in the grass before we fill in the SEZ.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 74,530, Level: 84
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    2,928
    Points
    74,530
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 136

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by isukendall View Post
    I'm hoping there's a few TCU fans still lurking here after the game.

    I just wanted to say thanks for the hospitality. I didn't have one problem with any of your fans, everyone was very friendly and welcoming. We tailgated and played washers with a lot of your fans, and had a great time. The stadium was super cool and beautiful, as was the campus.

    All of that said, I was severely disappointed in the attendance at the stadium. I kept hearing that it was a sold out game, but there were empty seats all over the place. I started out in the nosebleeds, about 15 rows from the top, and kept working my way closer during the game. Watched the fourth quarter from about 15 rows from the ground, in the south end zone.

    With it being the Big XII home opener, as a ranked team, in a televised game, I can't believe that there were so many open seats. It was certainly cold by Texas standards, but c'mon. I told TCU fans that were complaining about the weather that their team will have a rude awakening when they have to travel to Ames or Manhattan in November.

    Overall we had a blast, but to have so many open seats in a successful Texas program is inexcusable IMO. Hopefully this improves over time, but with it being more difficult to win games, hard to tell what will happen.
    well stated. BTW, I think I high-fived you several times in the first quarter! You told us you were from Denver. I was going to ask you after the quarter but you never came back and we relocated too!


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 14,910, Level: 37
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 740
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cypwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Amekeny
    Posts
    941
    Points
    14,910
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 45

    Re: TCU fan attendance

    TCU stadium cap is 44,358 the smallest in the Big 12.

    Big 12 Conference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM